Downing to Liverpool?

oh dear

Stewart+Downing+cropped

Confirmed as fake.

Surprised mine hasn't caused as much of a fuss too.

MQ2Lh.jpg

I don't think that is fake. And I am a photoshop expert.*

Disgusting to see Carroll out and about yet again, guzzling down the liquid:

scaled.php

Some sort of sports water (probably even a protein shake) in a bar? Absolutely disgusting.

*Meaning I have used photoshop on several occasions.

I don't think that is fake. And I am a photoshop expert.*

Disgusting to see Carroll out and about yet again, guzzling down the liquid:

scaled.php

Some sort of sports water (probably even a protein shake) in a bar? Absolutely disgusting.

*Meaning I have used photoshop on several occasions.

Is the general consensus that he is behaving any better now he's moved to your lot? He needed to get out of Newcastle to be honest - he seemed a bit off the rails there - but not heard those kind of stories for the last few months so maybe Kenny is sorting him out.

Nothing to see here.

Villa spokesman saying Downing did pose with Carroll and a female fan at the bar but was not holding a scarf.

Ok Villa Spokesman. We believe you.

Is the general consensus that he is behaving any better now he's moved to your lot? He needed to get out of Newcastle to be honest - he seemed a bit off the rails there - but not heard those kind of stories for the last few months so maybe Kenny is sorting him out.

I don't know really. Haven't heard much so it might look like it.

Villa spokesman saying Downing did pose with Carroll and a female fan at the bar but was not holding a scarf.

Ok Villa Spokesman. We believe you.

It is a bit weird how it's just stuck to Carroll's chest though

If it's a fake it's a bloody good one - even the way the scarf slightly changes direction between her left hand and his. I'd have thought it was more likely it wasn't him but just someone who looks like him, but if Villa have admitted it is him, then it looks like a real photo to me.

Not convinced by the Villa denials, and not convinced it's a fake either...

Would have said the best excuse was if it was a Downing lookalike - but if Villa are saying the photo (minus scarf) is genuine, then I'd suspect it's all genuine.

STEWART DOWNING will get his dream move to Liverpool - once they match Aston Villa's £20million price tag.

But if the Reds continue to try and land him on the cheap, the England winger faces having to try and force the transfer himself by slapping in a demand to go.

Kenny Dalglish is desperate for an out-and-out wide man to provide the ammunition for giant striker Andy Carroll next term.

Yet Liverpool's valuation falls around £5m below Villa's - and has so far left Downing in limbo.

Now the 26-year-old could find himself forced into asking for a move if the two clubs fail to reach an agreement.

Villa are quite prepared to lose the player even though he has two years left on his contract.

They are determined to avoid a repeat of the sagas which accompanied the sales of Gareth Barry and James Milner to Manchester City in recent seasons.

And new boss Alex McLeish wants time to bring in his own players ahead of the new season, having already lost Ashley Young to Manchester United.

Kop chief Dalglish, despite having cash to spend, knows he must offload several stars simply through sheer numbers.

SunSport revealed yesterday how one of them could be Juventus target Raul Meireles while the likes of Milan Jovanovic, Joe Cole and Maxi Rodriguez could also leave.

Dalglish has so far spent nearly £20m on Sunderland rookie Jordan Henderson but is also chasing Gael Clichy and Connor Wickham.

And his interest in Blackpool skipper Charlie Adam, who he failed to sign in January, has never dipped with another bid also expected over the next few days.

Read more: Stewart Downing will get his dream move to Liverpool – once they match Aston Villa’s £20million price tag | The Sun |Sport|Football

my god £20m for Downing the transfer market has gone mad....

Going rate for British PL proven players.And with the new ruling i can expect prices to rise even more as the top clubs chase British talent.

£75m for Carroll, Henderson and Downing.

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Make it £85m if they get Adam

A bit unfair out of context:

£35m for Carroll, a definite improvement on Ngog
£18m for Henderson, an improvement on Spearing
£18m for Downing, a improvement on an empty left position
£8 million for Adam, an improvement on Gerrard being out for half the season

And that's leaving out Suarez who is a direct Torres replacement for half the money.

Whereas you lot have spent:

£20m on De Gea, no improvement - direct replacement of VDS
£19m on Jones, no improvement - Smalling is first in line as sub
£18m on Young, still don't understand this as you have Rooney for the free role and Nani for the wing

All figures above approximates, and you are the league chasing team while we are only concerned with getting CL football back.

And that's leaving out Suarez who is a direct Torres replacement for half the money.

£18m on Young, still don't understand this as you have Rooney for the free role and Nani for the wing

All figures above approximates, and you are the league chasing team while we are only concerned with getting CL football back.

:lol:

Come on lets be honest here spending close to the 100 million mark on utter dump (excuse the pun) like Downing/Adam/Henderson and Andy Carroll is utterly ridiculous and highly amusing, not 1 of those players would make the bench at any other top club in this country and the fact you consider them all improvements on what you currently have really does say it all regards the quality or more to the point lack of at your club.

As someone else (and whoever it was forgive me i cant remember who) rightly said your paying Real Madrid transfer fees for Newcastle level players.

No No, let's be fair, you've spent 100 million on players who aren't anywhere near as good as those in the teams you are chasing. Let's be honest, it's not value for money at all.

No No, let's be fair, you've spent 100 million on players who aren't anywhere near as good as those in the teams you are chasing. Let's be honest, it's not value for money at all.

Even diehard Liverpool fans aren't going to say Carroll, Henderson and Downing are worth the prices bandied about. But those are the prices we're having to pay to improve on what we had last season.

Doesn't matter how much money we flash at Mata, Aguero, etc, they're not going to come to a team not yet in CL. So we're having to be ripped off to get one step further up the ladder.

Yeh. Sorry my mistake

I know Young has so many less years left on his deal, but still, it's a bit silly that it would reportedly cost £4m more for Downing, who is clearly a midtable player with no real potential imo to go to the next level

Even diehard Liverpool fans aren't going to say Carroll, Henderson and Downing are worth the prices bandied about. But those are the prices we're having to pay to improve on what we had last season.

Doesn't matter how much money we flash at Mata, Aguero, etc, they're not going to come to a team not yet in CL. So we're having to be ripped off to get one step further up the ladder.

Yeah fair enough. Henderson and Jones seemed to be your first targets. Would have been great for you if you'd have got both of them.

Yeh. Sorry my mistake

I know Young has so many less years left on his deal, but still, it's a bit silly that it would reportedly cost £4m more for Downing, who is clearly a midtable player with no real potential imo to go to the next level

Since they've lumbered themselves with Andy one dimensional Carroll they now have to at least find players to play to his strengths hence the like of Downing and Adam, players who can cross a ball and take a set piece, basically players who suit route 1 football which with Carroll is the best way to get the most use out of him.

Liverpools football next season will be very Stoke esk.

Jones was an interesting one. Obviously Manutd didn't need him for another season at the very least. But couldn't let Arsenal or Liverpool get their hands on him so had to delve into their "cash available in the bank" reserves that we've been hearing about.

Certainly will make the real transfer window (ie. European) interesting when we all go foreigner shopping. How much will we both have left?

@Dumpstar

Aren't all the indications though that you aren't looking for foreigners, maybe that will change as some of your top targets (Jones and Young) have gone elsewhere

But every other player you've been heavily linked with has been English, and with plenty of years ahead of them (Young, Jones, Downing, Wickham, Henderson)

With Suarez in the team. Really?

Well lets be honest here, Caroll is your 35 million man (:lol:) so he will be your figurehead striker, how do you get the best use out of him? hes clearly far better in the air than he is with the ball at his feet, your signings or potential signings suggest your after players who play good aerial balls from wide and deep, basically players who are seen to be capable of getting the best out of Carroll via long balls, unless hes not going to play i dont see you playing much free flowing pass and move football with him leading the line do you?

For what its worth i actually thought you played much better stuff when Carroll wasn't in the team, for the obvious reason you didnt have a big lump up top only capable of benefiting from 1 way of playing, would you agree your best performance of the season came away at Fulham where Carroll was nowehere to be seen? a week later he came back and you got dicked by Spurs at home and played shit.