Donkai Havertz | Arsenal Watch

Would be weird transfer. But I would love for Arsenal to blow their budget on Havertz and then become puzzled on his best position. Or this could be an elaborate way to feck with Chelsea.

75 million for Havertz :lol:
Boehly is starting to realise he’s made a few mistakes in the past 12 months

I usually find the positive in most transfers we do, but I'm really struggling to see 1 in this 1! :nervous:

I usually find the positive in most transfers we do, but I'm really struggling to see 1 in this 1! :nervous:
I don't even know where he's supposed to play for Chelsea and even less for Arsenal. Is he starting ? over who ? Is he rotation for Saka ? Odegaard ? Jesus ? I'm sure Chelsea make him looks a lot worse than he is but too much question marks for too much money. Why would we help Chelsea out anyway ? Let them rot with their 40 man squad until end of August and then maybe grab someone.

There's surely no way Arse will spaff a huge chunk of their budget on Havertz. He wouldn't even be a starter, would he? Bizarre.

With all the silly money Chelsea are asking for their players it seems someone at board level has found Essien’s calculator.

He's got two years left, I'd rather keep him this year if Poch can fit him in to a coherent positon and system. He's not suited to playing lone striker role. He's already scored big goals for us and shows in some games, parts of others and for Germany what he can do.

Then we either have to renew or sell him next summer.

I don't even know where he's supposed to play for Chelsea and even less for Arsenal. Is he starting ? over who ? Is he rotation for Saka ? Odegaard ? Jesus ? I'm sure Chelsea make him looks a lot worse than he is but too much question marks for too much money. Why would we help Chelsea out anyway ? Let them rot with their 40 man squad until end of August and then maybe grab someone.

I thought he looked brilliant at Leverkusen, but he's just looked progressively worse for Chelsea I think, (Chelsea fans would be able to say more). Like Felix, I've always seen them almost as number 10's in an era where most teams don't play with number 10's.

I don't think Arsenal fans would be happy if this helps give Chelsea the money to get Caceido when most Arsenal fans would rather they got him.

75 million for Havertz :lol:
Boehly is starting to realise he’s made a few mistakes in the past 12 months

He is such a Woodward, buys expensive dross then prices drools out of the market when it's time to sell.

Havertz is hugely underrated. If the lad is happy in England, someone is going to get a potential world class player.

I also think he is better than he showed for Chelsea. He is always one of the better players for them and Germany, and both teams are having trouble, but he still stands out in patches. It all needs to come together for him though, but there is a lot of potential.

Not sure where he would play at Arsenal. He does a lot of the stuff Jesus does in a way. He won’t displace Odegaard at #8 and he definitely won’t displace the wide forwards Martinelli and Saka, so what gives? Just a back up? At those figures? :eek:

Not sure where he would play at Arsenal. He does a lot of the stuff Jesus does in a way. He won’t displace Odegaard at #8 and he definitely won’t displace the wide forwards Martinelli and Saka, so what gives? Just a back up? At those figures? :eek:

I wonder if they are looking at him playing in the position Xhaka was occupying, especially playing higher up in the number 8 position with Zinchenko inverting into midfield.

I'd much rather we get Rice and Caicedo than Rice and Havertz. Not a fan of this

I wonder if they are looking at him playing in the position Xhaka was occupying, especially playing higher up in the number 8 position with Zinchenko inverting into midfield.

Isn’t that what they’re getting Rice for? Or are they benching Partey?

They’re in for him for the Xhaka role

Edit: nvm chief beat me to it

Every position he can play Arsenal already have a better player, he also seems like he could thrive under Poch playing in a similar role to Dele did for him.

Weird transfer this one.

Isn’t that what they’re getting Rice for? Or are they benching Partey?
I’d be surprised if Rice is going to play further forward. I’m not sure he’s suited to that role. Partey’s form fell off a cliff in the crucial run in. Rice is probably a better option than Partey in the holding role.

I can see some merit in Havertz playing in the advanced Xhaka role. Havertz was regarded as being best in the role behind a striker before he arrived at Chelsea. I don’t believe he’s ever had the chance to play that role properly at Chelsea. He’s played as striker far too long when it’s not even his best position.

Arsenal do like themselves a Chelsea player.

Havertz is in the same boat as Mount for me. I've not watched enough of Chelsea to know what they're supposed to be good at, but the times I have watched them (Mostly against United or in other big games) I've never come away from those matches thinking "Yeah that is a good player. He would definitely improve us if he was gettable"

I’d be surprised if Rice is going to play further forward. I’m not sure he’s suited to that role. Partey’s form fell off a cliff in the crucial run in. Rice is probably a better option than Partey in the holding role.

I can see some merit in Havertz playing in the advanced Xhaka role. Havertz was regarded as being best in the role behind a striker before he arrived at Chelsea. I don’t believe he’s ever had the chance to play that role properly at Chelsea. He’s played as striker far too long when it’s not even his best position.

Seems like an uber attacking lineup with Odegaard and Havertz flanking Rice but I suppose Zinchenko occupying that pseudo midfield role mitigates this a little.

It’s funny though. I was gonna root for him if he went to Real Madrid but I’ll be praying for his downfall if he goes to Arsenal.

Every position he can play Arsenal already have a better player, he also seems like he could thrive under Poch playing in a similar role to Dele did for him.

Weird transfer this one.

Every club in European play needs a squad not a starting lineup and its only getting worse once the European format changes and there are 8-10 matches before the knockouts.

Havertz would fill three roles that Arsenal currently don't have a good solution for - primary backup to Odegaard, primary backup to Saka, and a taller striking option who is good in the air to put in the box when chasing a match. He might actually be our best backup 9 to Jesus in general, at least for certain matches. Between all those things he would easily play 3000-3500 minutes for a club playing in four competitions.

Seems like an uber attacking lineup with Odegaard and Havertz flanking Rice but I suppose Zinchenko occupying that pseudo midfield role mitigates this a little.
I think they’ll continue to do similar to what City have been doing and even Liverpool recently. Where in posession it’s 3 at the back with a box of 4 in the middle. I do agree it seems a bit risky playing Havertz in a role which requires dropping back and doing some defensive work at times.

It makes sense only if Edu and Arteta are planning to off load Partey. So Rice to replace Partey, and Havertz to replace Xhaka. However it still doesn't make sense as Havertz is not a #6.

Everyone's going in for Chelsea players like it's a garage sale. Kovacic, Mount and Havertz are all good players. Which one of them elevates to the next level is toss up? Probably the one that joins the most stable team.

The worst part about the Chelsea firesale is that, it makes it a buyer's market in a year where we need to get rid of a lot of players.

Havertz is already on 300K per week and he will earn 200K at Arsenal?

Looks like someone is on fantasy land

https://www.capology.com/club/chelsea/salaries/

Listed at £150K/wk. Could be a little bit more with some bonuses etc. but I doubt it's anywhere close to £300K, most salary figures listed there are in the right ballpark.

Also quote from the article:

"Chelsea are open to offering Havertz a new deal, but his wages on new terms would likely be on less money.
Arsenal are willing to offer Havertz a similar basic wage he is currently earning at Stamford Bridge."

https://www.capology.com/club/chelsea/salaries/

Listed at £150K/wk. Could be a little bit more with some bonuses etc. but I doubt it's anywhere close to £300K, most salary figures listed there are in the right ballpark.

Also quote from the article:

"Chelsea are open to offering Havertz a new deal, but his wages on new terms would likely be on less money.
Arsenal are willing to offer Havertz a similar basic wage he is currently earning at Stamford Bridge."

Capology or reliable reporter who covers Chelsea? Not a hard decision.

So he almost doubled his salary because Chelsea won the CL ? Isn't it more like a one time bonus and they include it in his total wages ?
What if they'd won it in his first year, what happens if you wants to renew him ? Offer 350/400K ? :confused:

Capology or reliable reporter who covers Chelsea? Not a hard decision.

Mokbel is also a reliable reporter who covers Chelsea though? According to him Arsenal's offer is similar to his current wage.

We are scamming Arsenal, just like Leverkusen scammed us.