Donald Trump - GUILTY!

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Can someone detail this to me in layman’s talk? I don’t know if I’m just refusing to believe that even he’d go this far, but it’s looking more and more like Trump sold / gave up the details of informants / assets to (or at the request of) Russia / a other foreign power.

Am I anywhere near?
That’s what the time line is insinuating. Who knows, it could be just coincidence.

The Firestarter

He might or might not have given info to the Russians but to believe that it happened in such a blatant and overt fashion is rather naive. These calls with foreign leaders are monitored, that's why the first impeachment happened, after asking favours from Zelensky(seems ages ago). Furthermore, a president requesting a list of all agents is practically unheard of, since he could not have any logical purpose for it. It would have probably triggered absolute mayhem even greater than what happened. A more probable way for transfer of information is through 3rd parties appointed by him in the IC.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
He might or might not have given info to the Russians but to believe that it happened in such a blatant and overt fashion is rather naive. These calls with foreign leaders are monitored, that's why the first impeachment happened, after asking favours from Zelensky(seems ages ago). Furthermore, a president requesting a list of all agents is practically unheard of, since he could not have any logical purpose for it. It would have probably triggered absolute mayhem even greater than what happened. A more probable way for transfer of information is through 3rd parties appointed by him in the IC.
I wouldn’t put it past Kash Patel to disseminate secrets to bad actors. He was installed in a lofty counterterrorism role at Trump’s behest. I doubt Trump passed along any secrets himself.

Simbo

Can someone detail this to me in layman’s talk? I don’t know if I’m just refusing to believe that even he’d go this far, but it’s looking more and more like Trump sold / gave up the details of informants / assets to (or at the request of) Russia / a other foreign power.

Am I anywhere near?
As someone who has believed it from day 1, that is certainly the insinuation. Proving it against someone so corrupt, experienced and adapt with the legal system however is the trick.

RedDevilQuebecois

Go figure how many informants are now dead because of what that cnut did. Hope that means US intelligence now have the green light to apply reprisals against pro-Kremlin informants.

That is just outright treason. Only one way to punish such crime and it is not a life sentence.

Last edited:

WPMUFC

i think what you'll find is that he didn't sell out informants. I don't think he's even that switch on enough to do that. What will likely come out is that Putin/Autocrats like tested the waters with requests for information and likely knew that a variety of people where informants etc. However because Trump was essentially gagging to be an autocrat and play footsie with them, the opportunity costs were so low that they could kill and "disappear" known/suspected informants with little blow back.

Under any competent/functioning adminstration, the consequences and alarm bells of such a act would likely see reprisals. There was no concerns with reprisals under a Trump Admin.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
i think what you'll find is that he didn't sell out informants. I don't think he's even that switch on enough to do that. What will likely come out is that Putin/Autocrats like tested the waters with requests for information and likely knew that a variety of people where informants etc. However because Trump was essentially gagging to be an autocrat and play footsie with them, the opportunity costs were so low that they could kill and "disappear" known/suspected informants with little blow back.

Under any competent/functioning adminstration, the consequences and alarm bells of such a act would likely see reprisals. There was no concerns with reprisals under a Trump Admin.
I think Trump just wanted to keep the papers because he's a pack rat who thinks he was entitled to any mememtos from his time in the Presidency.

WPMUFC

I think Trump just wanted to keep the papers because he's a pack rat who thinks he was entitled to any mememtos from his time in the Presidency.
essentially.

I'd imagine autocrats with ties knew he took a lot of stuff. Maybe some spies did some digging to see what may have been possible to obtain, but the CIA informants disappearing will almost certainly be classed as coincidence. Regimes simply took their moment to act whilst incompetence was at an all time high.

FireballXL5

I think it's exactly what he did. The Russians had been grooming him for ages and had him by the balls. Kompromat.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
While I don't put Trump morally above being a spy and selling secrets to Russia I just don't think he's competent enough to do so. He's also a fecking coward and being a spy is rather scary business (though admittedly I know few spies beyond James bond and Ethan Hunt).

Further, this insinuates that Trump is capable of thoughts that go beyond, "durrrrr I'm the Donald I want more money and attention."

He's too dumb, too cowardly and too incompetent to deliberately be a spy. Any spying he does I'd suspect is an accidental side effect of his narcistic incompetence.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
While I don't put Trump morally above being a spy and selling secrets to Russia I just don't think he's competent enough to do so. He's also a fecking coward and being a spy is rather scary business (though admittedly I know few spies beyond James bond and Ethan Hunt).

Further, this insinuates that Trump is capable of thoughts that go beyond, "durrrrr I'm the Donald I want more money and attention."

He's too dumb, too cowardly and too incompetent to deliberately be a spy. Any spying he does I'd suspect is an accidental side effect of his narcistic incompetence.
I disagree. He is stupid but you would have to be stupid to do what he did. Don’t for get Jared Kushner wanted to set up a “ back channel” with the Russians early in Trump’s reign. Maybe he succeeded?
Trump has been getting away with crime all his life.That tends to lead a guy into believing he’s bullet proof. He thinks he’s invincible laughable as that idea is.
Also I don’t think we are anywhere close to having all the facts on this scandal.

Tarrou

knowing Trump he stole them for leverage and had no intention of selling them but blabbed to his mates - then a Russian managed to steal them

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
I would be surprised if he intentionally did something so overtly stupid as this. More likely is that Russia had some other sources/informants placed close to Trump (maybe even people they demanded he appoint), who had access to these documents.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
I would be surprised if he intentionally did something so overtly stupid as this. More likely is that Russia had some other sources/informants placed close to Trump (maybe even people they demanded he appoint), who had access to these documents.
Why would you be surprised?

MTF

I'm also not buying this story that he would've intentionally sold out US spies to the Russians. My main counter-point is how much good intel the US had about Russian intentions and plans for invading Ukraine.

Historically in terms of human sources at high levels in Russia, they just aren't that numerous. During the time of Putin's rise in the late 90s there were apparently 0, likely because of a series of moles in the CIA and FBI that had given up the sources during the late 80s. It takes years to develop good human sources that are well placed, and their own life expectancy as sources is also just a few years.

Far from wanting to defend trump, this theory is just a bit too far outside of how things supposedly work in the US-Russia spy game. I don't think if any president asked for a list of "top spies" that the CIA would even properly comply as far as real names and positions. That stuff is also usually guarded to where just a few people know.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout

He's an idiot, but he's clearly had people around him to do the thinking for him in the past. Could be being told step by step what to do by the Russians. The act of taking information and giving it to someone else isn't that difficult once you're in a position to access or request it. Doing it on this scale without alerting anyone obviously is, which he's failed at.

Last edited:

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
He's an idiot, but he's clearly had people around him to do the thinking for him in the past. Could be being told step by step what to do by the Russians. The act of taking information and giving it to someone else isn't that difficult once you're in a position to access or request it. Doing it on this scale without alerting anyone obviously is, which he's failed at.
Agreed . Like he failed at everything else.

Drifter

American

Better get as much as he can out of this platform because it is heading for another Trump bankruptcy

RedDevilQuebecois

First, it's just silly to even compare anything other than 9/11 with Pearl Harbor. Second, I will remind them that the reaction after Pearl Harbor spurred a total paranoia that led to the relocation and the incarceration of 120,000 Americans of Japanese ancestry, which was an extreme demonstration of racism for which the US government formally apologized for in 1988.

RedDevilQuebecois

Couldn't care any less about his mental state. If Trump wants to represent himself, he should face the same kind of hostile questions in front of the prosecutor in a televised hearing just like they did with Bill Clinton. After that, it's que sera sera.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
There is no way, short of getting JFK'd or a heart attack, he is not running in 24. No matter how far into the insanity rabbit hole he falls he will still run and those around him will still support it....they have to. The potential for a truly deranged and insane man as president is terrifying.

The Firestarter

There is no way, short of getting JFK'd or a heart attack, he is not running in 24. No matter how far into the insanity rabbit hole he falls he will still run and those around him will still support it....they have to. The potential for a truly deranged and insane man as president is terrifying.
Or Epsteined

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Surely if you've stolen top secret documents for who knows what reason, you can't run for President?