Donald Trump - GUILTY!

Dan Patrick, the Republican lieutenant governor of Texas, threatened on Tuesday to remove President Joe Biden from his state’s ballot—seemingly as retribution for a Colorado Supreme Court ruling which booted former President Donald Trump from that state’s 2024 presidential race for engaging in an insurrection on Jan. 6.

The only thing stopping him, he said, was that people in Texas “believe in democracy.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/texas...biden-off-states-ballot-after-colorado-ruling

Even their stupid comes across as authoritarian.

It does. However slim the possibility, the idea that a bunch of Trump nominees bar Trump from running again would make my 2024.

Much as Kavanaugh and Barrett were a shambles when being nominated they’ve not always voted with the party have they?

Much as Kavanaugh and Barrett were a shambles when being nominated they’ve not always voted with the party have they?
There was a ruling this year that went against conservatives (feels like I should remember what it was but actually I don't :wenger: ), however on the big issues I'm still to be convinced that they are anything other than republican toy soldiers.

It does. However slim the possibility, the idea that a bunch of Trump nominees bar Trump from running again would make my 2024.
If they have any sense they will affirm the ruling of the Colorado Supreme Court. This is a lifeline for the GOP. I chance to cut the cord with a maniac and start a return to normalcy.
It would also be the right thing to do if that means anything.

Seems Trump's Melania look a like lawyer is with him more in public than his actual wife.

Hehehe. The WaPo ran an article on her last month, it's her thing to not be involved, apparently and argued as some kind of strength*.

*I only skimmed the article so could be way off here.

Brilliant news, but it doesn't offer any practical implications since Colorado is blue anyway, right? Unless it can make others follow suit?

Similar cases have already been brought in other states including Arizona and Michigan, which so far have been dismissed. If the SCOTUS rules favorably on the Colorado case, that might give those other cases new life. I think that's extremely unlikely though.

Similar cases have already been brought in other states including Arizona and Michigan, which so far have been dismissed. If the SCOTUS rules favorably on the Colorado case, that might give those other cases new life. I think that's extremely unlikely though.
There's apparently 13 (or 19) states with lawsuits in the pipeline. A favorable ruling would streamline their pathway.

There's apparently 13 (or 19) states with lawsuits in the pipeline. A favorable ruling would streamline their pathway.
I am still not sure this is a good thing (the barring of a candidate from being on the ballot). That said, I would imagine the down ballot carnage in these states might be interesting if there is no Trump on ballot. Bye bye Bobo.

If they have any sense they will affirm the ruling of the Colorado Supreme Court. This is a lifeline for the GOP. I chance to cut the cord with a maniac and start a return to normalcy.
It would also be the right thing to do if that means anything.

Narrator: “it didn’t”

The Americans never fecking learn. They keep hitting Trump with shite that doesnt stick and he will get more popular because more and more belive everything is corrupt. If he fights this thing off as well im even more certain he'd win. And if he wins after all this you've created even a bigger monster