Donald Trump - GUILTY!

He beat her though. So either she wasn't as cunning or he is. IMO he wasn't able to replicate the surprise, newcomer, "drain the swamp" factor of his 2016 campaign anymore. Plus the russian intrigue, of course.
It would be interesting to see how the Clintons would move knowing what they know now, folks underestimated Trump it would be fair to say. And let's not forget how the Clintons move beyond just a presidential election.

https://www.amazon.com/Clinton-Cash-Foreign-Governments-Businesses/dp/0062369296

I think it's fair to compare some of the most successful swamp monsters to the one who is seemingly failing to exist in the swamp. Especially as he went directly against them.
Personally I think Trump stands for so much that is wrong with modern society. I truly, truly despise the guy and think he actively made the world a worse place during his time as president.

That being said I appreciate you sharing your viewpoint here in a measured manner, since its clearly never going to be a popular one around here.

There are no doubt a lot of bad people 'in the swamp' as you say. Trump however for my money is about the most dangerous at the moment given his rabid following. If he somehow gets back into the white house I worry for the larger implications that has for the structure of democracy in the US.

Personally I think Trump stands for so much that is wrong with modern society. I truly, truly despise the guy and think he actively made the world a worse place during his time as president.

There are no doubt a lot of bad people 'in the swamp' as you say. Trump however for my money is about the most dangerous at the moment given his rabid following. If he somehow gets back into the white house I worry for the larger implications that has for the structure of democracy in the US.
Are you American by any chance?

In fairness, I have yet to read the book but it is on my tablet. I'm already predisposed to believe the premise of it.
I'd search out a missive written by a more credible, less biased author.

Generating wealth after a presidency / political career is nothing new, even to the extent the Clintons have. It might seem a bit smarmy or not above board, but this phenomena is not unique to the Clintons. Would the skids of these relationships with donors be greased due to relationships generated while in office / relationships cultivated after serving the nation? Absolutely, but there's nothing immediately nefarious by such.

I'd search out a missive written by a more credible, less biased author.

Generating wealth after a presidency / political career is nothing new, even to the extent the Clintons have. It might seem a bit smarmy or not above board, but this phenomena is not unique to the Clintons. Would the skids of these relationships with donors be greased due to relationships generated while in office / relationships cultivated after serving the nation? Absolutely, but there's nothing immediately nefarious by such.
One could argue the more credible folks are biased themselves and have no interest in taking on this topic.

It's definitely not unique, you can see the Obamas are well on they way as well. It's a swamp activity that showcases the unsavoury parts of capitalism in the 21st century as far as I am concerned.

Last edited:
One could argue the more credible folks are biased themselves and have no interest in taking on this topic.

It's definitely not unique, you can see the Obamas are well on they way as well. It's a swamp activity that showcases the unsavoury parts of capitalism in the 21 century as far as I am concerned.
Do these mental gymnastics hurt? Perhaps there's no there, there? You are probably unaware of the anti-Clinton cottage industry that had its genesis circa 1993.

Take a peek at what Nixon did post presidency.

It's hardly a recent happening, nor is it limited to one side of the aisle. Why would someone in such a position try or want to limit their earning potential? It's decidedly not a 'swampy activity.'

Do these mental gymnastics hurt? Perhaps there's no there, there? You are probably unaware of the anti-Clinton cottage industry that had its genesis circa 1993.

It's hardly a recent happening, nor is it limited to one side of the aisle. Why would someone in such a position try or want to limit their earning potential? It's decidedly not a 'swampy activity.'
Maybe there is no there, capitalism in the 21st century has me feeling rather cynical. I've heard about that cottage industry in passing.

I'm curious, are you a gainfully employed individual? I'd like to map out some potential demographic differences between us if you don't mind (job status and age come to mind.) I feel like they could explain our view on this issue. Just DM me if you're up to it.

I'm curious, are you a gainfully employed individual? I'd like to map out some potential demographic differences between us if you don't mind (job status and age come to mind.) I feel like they could explain our view on this issue. Just DM me if you're up to it.
Sounds intriguing.

Yep.

I think it's fair to compare some of the most successful swamp monsters to the one who is seemingly failing to exist in the swamp. Especially as he went directly against them.

He didn't really though did he?

He made the swamp even more fettid than it ever was before. His level of corruption, deceit, nepotism and moral bankruptcy has never been matched. Even Nixon was a saint compared to Trump.

I get that it's hard to appreciate history as it happens so maybe in 10/20 years people will all see what we see when we go on about how much we despise him.

I find it hard to imagine anyone not already in the cult will love him and appreciate him in the future. His legacy is of destruction and chaos whilst embodying as a person pretty much every negative characteristic you can have in a human being. The only positive of his Presidency was that he didn't drag America (and thus, most of the rest of us) into another pointless conflict.

:lol:

He didn't really though did he?

He made the swamp even more fettid than it ever was before. His level of corruption, deceit, nepotism and moral bankruptcy has never been matched. Even Nixon was a saint compared to Trump.

I get that it's hard to appreciate history as it happens so maybe in 10/20 years people will all see what we see when we go on about how much we despise him.

I find it hard to imagine anyone not already in the cult will love him and appreciate him in the future. His legacy is of destruction and chaos whilst embodying as a person pretty much every negative characteristic you can have in a human being. The only positive of his Presidency was that he didn't drag America (and thus, most of the rest of us) into another pointless conflict.

You could argue that his actions set in motion the domino string that led to the Ukraine war. A president Hilary Clinton would likely have made sure Putin understood the US's position on the topic and would have made sure that military aid was flowing into Ukraine prior to the invasion. Putin might still have done it, but Trump's cozying up to Putin and holding Ukraine's military aid hostage did Ukraine no favors.

You can always show your flaming personality in a DM

Looking back at my accomplishments in life I am pretty sure I am going to instruct that "Gave Cal his Tagline #firepenis" is on my gravestone.

The Trump supporter claimed that like-minded conservatives would be able to imprison the opposition because the “police are probably with us.” Hillyard’s interview with the man aired during a segment on Chris Jansing Reports on Friday:

HILLYARD: When you say go after them, what do you mean?
MAGA SUPPORTER: Arrest them! Imprison them for violating our Constitution.
HILLYARD: How do you do that?
MAGA SUPPORTER: Police are probably with us.
HILLYARD: The Police will be on the side-
MAGA SUPPORTER: Of the patriots! They sure will. They haven’t been corrupted yet, as far as I know.
HILLYARD: I mean, that is that’s an actual civil war that you’re talking about. Oh, yeah. You believe that the election was stolen in 2020?
MAGA SUPPORTER: Absolutely. Plain on the nose of your face.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/maga-su...-to-nbc-news-the-police-are-probably-with-us/

His supporters are already at the coup/fascism part. It's whether he actually taps into them if he wins or loses. I think we can say quite easily now that a "normalised" position in the republican party is that political arrests are an acceptable way to take power. If Trump wins, they will fully support the arrests of DOJ/FBI/congressional people based solely on political grounds.

Trump is pure unadulterated evil, combining far right fascism with opportunistic self obsession, delusional belief that whatever bullshit occurs in his room-temperature IQ brain is true merely by him thinking/saying it, nuclear powered white privilege reinforced by wealth and never being told no by almost anyone. Arrogance without end, and the worst bit is not the loons who believe and follow him but rather that whole swathes of Republican voters still vote for him despite knowing exactly what he is like. Deeply depressing.

Then again the UK voted Boris in and Australia elected#scottyfrommatketing.

Trump is pure unadulterated evil, combining far right fascism with opportunistic self obsession, delusional belief that whatever bullshit occurs in his room-temperature IQ brain is true merely by him thinking/saying it, nuclear powered white privilege reinforced by wealth and never being told no by almost anyone. Arrogance without end, and the worst bit is not the loons who believe and follow him but rather that whole swathes of Republican voters still vote for him despite knowing exactly what he is like. Deeply depressing.

Then again the UK voted Boris in and Australia elected#scottyfrommatketing.
In conclusion: people are idiots.

The thing I find most amazing about Trump is that he's also utterly useless at achieving anything. I can totally understand why some people support facism when the leader does things that really helps their lives, even at the expense of others in society. People are inherently selfish.

The only thing Trump delivered was tax cuts that predominately helped the upper class. He didn't enshrine benefits most used by his supporters, he didn't 'build a wall', he didn't 'fix immigration', he ballooned the debt, he f*cked covid, income inequality spiked and then he refused to leave. His booming 'economy' was really a booming stock market, which again doesn't even help many of his supporters.

The only reason that he was even on the ticket last time, much less this time is that the US is unique in having an enormous right-wing media ecosystem that is utterly pervasive. Local news, cable news, FB everywhere it's a concerted, focussed entity that only exists to keep older, whiter, sadder people tuned in for as long as possible. And our brains are wired such that sensationalist fear-mongering works best.

Trump had the house and the senate during his presidency, and the greatest feat he achieved was stacking a court because a (whisper it, selfish, stubborn) old woman died and Mitch McConnell did the rest. And this enabled the overturning of a law that was so popular, even mentioning it causes his own party to lose most subsequent elections.

He's a failed businessman, a failed politician and a failed f*cking excuse for a human being. And the fact that huge swathes of Americans still support him says more about how selfish and pridefully ignorant Americans are then anything else.

The thing I find most amazing about Trump is that he's also utterly useless at achieving anything. I can totally understand why some people support facism when the leader does things that really helps their lives, even at the expense of others in society. People are inherently selfish.

The only thing Trump delivered was tax cuts that predominately helped the upper class. He didn't enshrine benefits most used by his supporters, he didn't 'build a wall', he didn't 'fix immigration', he ballooned the debt, he f*cked covid, income inequality spiked and then he refused to leave. His booming 'economy' was really a booming stock market, which again doesn't even help many of his supporters.

The only reason that he was even on the ticket last time, much less this time is that the US is unique in having an enormous right-wing media ecosystem that is utterly pervasive. Local news, cable news, FB everywhere it's a concerted, focussed entity that only exists to keep older, whiter, sadder people tuned in for as long as possible. And our brains are wired such that sensationalist fear-mongering works best.

Trump had the house and the senate during his presidency, and the greatest feat he achieved was stacking a court because a (whisper it, selfish, stubborn) old woman died and Mitch McConnell did the rest. And this enabled the overturning of a law that was so popular, even mentioning it causes his own party to lose most subsequent elections.

He's a failed businessman, a failed politician and a failed f*cking excuse for a human being. And the fact that huge swathes of Americans still support him says more about how selfish and pridefully ignorant Americans are then anything else.

All of the above.

Bill Burr's wife in this shot speaks for most of us. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I sure don't understand how Trump could come in and out of Madison Square Garden unscathed when people could have thrown food or beverages at him.

Firing a machine gun at packs of Bud Light was a highlight.
Rumour has it he hates Bud Light so much he even refuses to use their cans as makeshift pipes for his meth.

But don't believe everything you read I guess

Fs-jhGyWIAAlgOO