Donald Trump - GUILTY!

He's referring to Trump's slip of the tongue when he named Obama.

Seriously, I don't give a feck about whose family used to own slaves prior to 1865. The South lost the Civil War and slaves were given freedom although more could have been done earlier to guarantee full rights to African-Americans.

He's referring to Trump's slip of the tongue when he named Obama.

Seriously, I don't give a feck about whose family used to own slaves prior to 1865. The South lost the Civil War and slaves were given freedom although more could have been done earlier to guarantee full rights to African-Americans.
Ah, gotcha. I don’t think I’d ever seen that one.

And yeah, that kinda stuff just seems like someone’s looking for something to make a stink about. Granted, I say this as a descendent of plantation owners, so maybe I should watch out too.

Ah, gotcha. I don’t think I’d ever seen that one.

And yeah, that kinda stuff just seems like someone’s looking for something to make a stink about. Granted, I say this as a descendent of plantation owners, so maybe I should watch out too.
Yep, same. Plus I am fairly confident that I am two generations removed from KKK members in my family.

I would think the vast majority of actual natural born Americans are descendants of slave owners or KKK members or slave traders or bootleggers or serial killers or drug dealers or some other bullshit.

It's a ludicrous attempt at smearing anyone and everyone but Trump.

The worst part of it all is, throughout his entire campaign and Presidency and his life before all that, Trump has committed multiple crimes on a daily basis. He absolutely dominated the news on a daily basis creating scandal after scandal all to distract from the real crimes he was commiting. And he got away with it.

He lied and cheated and insulted foreign leaders, disrespected protocols, completely embarrassed himself on the world stage yet they loved him more for it.

if any President insulted the mother of a Gold Star recipient who had only recently died, they would have been hounded out of the White House, and rightly so. But Trump did it multiple times. And also called the mother of one a liar and claimed she was rude to him for not kissing his arse when he phoned her. Honestly, I wish I had the time to go through the Trump thread and pick the daily bullshit he did that no other President would have survived from. Yet he's still in the running for 2024 and the only thing stopping him is a court case that hinges on 12 people finding him guilty. I honestly cannot see how there will not be at least ONE MAGA nut who absolutely without question thinks Trump is above the law no matter what.

Obviously we have to wait and see what the evidence is against him but even then, as the video above shows. THEY SIMPLY DO NOT CARE.

It's fecking frightening.

Who is actually going to render a verdict on this mess, when the trial is over? No matter who, it will never not be considered political and the judge/jury would rightly feel in danger if they find him guilty.

There will never be a clean end to this. Hopefully the right will somewhat come to its senses when Trump kicks the bucket, but I doubt it. There is a substantial amount of the population that has chosen extremism and conspiracy as their ideology.

I think it's legitimate to explore if and how slave ownership in the past has lead to dynastic wealth today.
Well, my great granddad was a penniless share cropper while his great granddad was in the planter class in Alabama, so we’d go against the dynastic trend.

I think it's legitimate to explore if and how slave ownership in the past has lead to dynastic wealth today.
It might be but what purpose would it or should it serve?

Happy to report I am 100% slave owner and KKK free due to the timing of the potato famine. Now, my great, great grandfather was a horse thief, but (according to my grandpa) we're proud of that???

Happy to report I am 100% slave owner and KKK free due to the timing of the potato famine. Now, my great, great grandfather was a horse thief, but (according to my grandpa) we're proud of that???
Someone's been doing genealogy or is it family folklore?

Someone's been doing genealogy or is it family folklore?
My grandfather was in the pacific theater in WWII (and also in the Korean war) and probably had extreme ptsd from what he saw, so anything pre 1960 that he said is possibly a misdirection, but he loved talking about his great grandad the straight of the boat horse thief.

My grandfather was in the pacific theater in WWII (and also in the Korean war) and probably had extreme ptsd from what he saw, so anything pre 1960 that he said is possibly a misdirection, but he loved talking about his great grandad the straight of the boat horse thief.
Was just curious, I've been doing my family tree and I've discovered that some of the family folklore in mine doesn't stand up, PTSD is probably right

If the "horse thief" was caught then you could probably find out, a lot of the Irish court/jail records still exist, might get tricky if he had a common surname though, I have a maternal Grandfather born in Belfast in 1890, that year there was 89 others born in Belfast with the same first and surname, I was like WTF, how do I know which one is related to me, I only found out thru a DNA match to someone related to one of his siblings!

Was just curious, I've been doing my family tree and I've discovered that some of the family folklore in mine doesn't stand up, PTSD is probably right

If the "horse thief" was caught then you could probably find out, a lot of the Irish court/jail records still exist, might get tricky if he had a common surname though, I have a maternal Grandfather born in Belfast in 1890, that year there was 89 others born in Belfast with the same first and surname, I was like WTF, how do I know which one is related to me, I only found out thru a DNA match to someone related to one of his siblings!
Oh, he was straight up lying. Grandpa was a fantastic liar. :lol:

His real life was amazing:

- Oldest of 7 siblings.
- Dad left when he was 13, so, as the oldest he became "man of family".
- From 13 till 18 he would wake up at 4am to tend to family farm, then go to school, then go to meat packing plant till 8pm, then do end of day chores till 10pm, then sleep.
- Was drafted for WWII into Navy. Became signal man on sea plane tender and then for the Admiral of the Pacific fleet. Was on the Mississippi when treaty signed.
- Came back to US in absolute poverty.
- Started working, in his 20's, as a barely literate mail clerk at a Bank of America branch.
- Retired as a VP of BofA as the only person to ever receive a Master's in Economics at an Ivy League school who never finished high school.
- Was the best grandfather a person could ever have.

Amazing man who could lie with the best and charm an angel out of their wings. Miss him every day.

Oh, he was straight up lying. Grandpa was a fantastic liar. :lol:

His real life was amazing:

- Oldest of 7 siblings.
- Dad left when he was 13, so, as the oldest he became "man of family".
- From 13 till 18 he would wake up at 4am to tend to family farm, then go to school, then go to meat packing plant till 8pm, then do end of day chores till 10pm, then sleep.
- Was drafted for WWII into Navy. Became signal man on sea plane tender and then for the Admiral of the Pacific fleet. Was on the Mississippi when treaty signed.
- Came back to US in absolute poverty.
- Started working, in his 20's, as a barely literate mail clerk at a Bank of America branch.
- Retired as a VP of BofA as the only person to ever receive a Master's in Economics at an Ivy League school who never finished high school.
- Was the best grandfather a person could ever have.

Amazing man who could lie with the best and charm an angel out of their wings. Miss him every day.
Surely that's the Missouri :)

Seems he carried on the Irish tradition of laying it on thick!

Hey geniuses, who do you think brought the slaves to America? Yeah the British. And the Portuguese, Spanish , French you name it.

I‘m probably descended from Dutch slave traders and Vikings.

How do you begin to reason with someone like this? Or rather how do you attempt to integrate them into a functional society going forward?

This is someone who is literally saying "I do not care about what actually happened. Reality and evidence does not matter to me. All I care about is how I perceive this man."

How do you begin to reason with someone like this? Or rather how do you attempt to integrate them into a functional society going forward?

This is someone who is literally saying "I do not care about what actually happened. Reality and evidence does not matter to me. All I care about is how I perceive this man."

You don't.

Japanese society stopped holding any hope of rehabilitation for Aum Shinrikyo after the 1995 Tokyo subway sarin gas attack, which came a few years after the gruesome murder of an anti-cult lawyer and his family on top of other assassination attempts. The point of fracture between Aum and Japanese society being the sarin gas attack in 1995, January 6 should exactly be the same between MAGA and the rest of American society. My point is that there is nothing left to do except rejecting MAGA crazies out of society by making it unlivable to them in the same way Japanese government/society raised barriers against anything and anyone associated with Aum Shinrikyo, of which many of its remaining members chose exile after 1995.

Personally, I would love it if several tens or hundreds of thousands of MAGA supporters end up being pushed towards exile if they don't like the way things are going in a consistently evolving society. There are socially backwards countries out there that would be happy to receive such people.

Last edited:
You don't.

Japanese society stopped holding any hope of rehabilitation for Aum Shinrikyo after the 1995 Tokyo subway sarin gas attack, which came a few years after the gruesome murder of an anti-cult lawyer and his family on top of other assassination attempts. The point of fracture between Aum and Japanese society being the sarin gas attack in 1995, January 6 should exactly be the same between MAGA and the rest of American society. My point is that there is nothing left to do except rejecting MAGA crazies out of society by making it unlivable to them in the same way Japanese government/society raised barriers against anything and anyone associated with Aum Shinrikyo, of which many of its remaining members chose exile after 1995.

Personally, I would love it if several tens or hundreds of thousands of MAGA supporters end up being pushed towards exile if they don't like the way things are going in a consistently evolving society. There are socially backwards countries out there that would be happy to receive such people.

I would agree with that as well, the issue being that there are loads of politicians with similar thinking so something like that would never fly

It might be but what purpose would it or should it serve?

Maybe one tiny positive could be that when people realise they descended from slave owners and the like, they might have a reality check over their position in life versus the descendants people they would've owned in a past generation.

You either get flat out refusal to acknowledge and accept or you get some good eggs that do accept it and have empathy enough to contribute towards making things a little more equal (how that looks like I don't know).

It's very pie in the sky hopeful for humanity thinking but education and understanding does help at times. It's still only a tiny chance though.

The day the odious orange toad finally croaks it is going to a good day for the human race.

Fzq7UnIacAE9-KT

Helps when your family are immigrants.

If his family had been in the US at the time there’s zero question they’d have been slaveholders.

As has been said many times before -the only things that compare are religion and cults. The fact that some people even made a golden sculpture of him and they didn't even seem to see the irony with regards to the Bible's very own golden calf story tells you all you need to know.

The only thing that seems to work is to not give him the attention at all - and have him fade into obscurity. But it's a society as whole issue that we can't seem to do that. This man's detrimental effect on public discourse will be studied many years down the road. And the sad thing is, that's probably all he wanted. To be a name to remember long after he is gone. Vanity seems to be everything that drives him. Which btw, didn't the Bible say something negative about that also? Js.

As has been said many times before -the only things that compare are religion and cults. The fact that some people even made a golden sculpture of him and they didn't even seem to see the irony with regards to the Bible's very own golden calf story tells you all you need to know.

The only thing that seems to work is to not give him the attention at all - and have him fade into obscurity. But it's a society as whole issue that we can't seem to do that. This man's detrimental effect on public discourse will be studied many years down the road. And the sad thing is, that's probably all he wanted. To be a name to remember long after he is gone. Vanity seems to be everything that drives him. Which btw, didn't the Bible say something negative about that also? Js.

We are lucky that he’s pretty old, tbh.