Donald Trump - GUILTY!

If he goes to jail, will it be a soft jail, even house arrest or will he be breaking rocks for the rest of his life?

A former president who is still politically powerful will likely not see the inside of a jail cell. Exile and disqualification from office would be ideal, but I don't think the charges brought are serious enough for a judge to consider that. Least of all against a former president who also happens to be the favorite for the GOP nomination.

House arrest at Mar-a-Lago seems the most likely - and is also the worst possible outcome, hopefully they put him in NYC instead. Trump being put in house arrest at the "white house of the south" would be bad for a number of reasons.

37 charges? Surely he'll go to prison if convicted.

Which prison would you put a former president in, where you could ensure his safety and ensure that he didn't end up a martyr?

Does anyone else keep reading the thread title as Donald Trump I, as in Donald Trump The First?

It's disconcerting.

I thought it was on purpose :lol:

The only scenario where Trump could be allowed to get away from it is if it can be proven without doubt that he didn't show these documents to others which is near impossible. There is a distinct chance that the contents of these documents are already in the hands of the wrong people.

If he goes to jail, will it be a soft jail, even house arrest or will he be breaking rocks for the rest of his life?

Either house arrest at Mar-a-lago with an ankle bracelet, or an ultra minimum security facility such as what Martha Stewart was sent to for far lesser crimes.

The only scenario where Trump could be allowed to get away from it is if it can be proven without doubt that he didn't show these documents to others which is near impossible. There is a distinct chance that the contents of these documents are already in the hands of the wrong people.
Mar a Lago held hundreds of events. Although it's impossible to prove, I cannot believe foreign countries like Russia, China etc do not have copies of the files. Otherwise, they need to sack a lot of people.

Mar a Lago held hundreds of events. Although it's impossible to prove, I cannot believe foreign countries like Russia, China etc do not have copies of the files. Otherwise, they need to sack a lot of people.

It's true but you could forgive him if Russia or China got them without his knowledge but I was reading a CBS article mentioning that one of the allegation is that he showed them to people.

Repurpose some air force commander's house on a military base somewhere incredibly rural. The Helena treatment.

Of course not. Doesn't make it a bad idea.

It absolutely does.

A person like Trump getting into office in the first place and seemingly running again is a direct result of playing nice with Nixon.

America needs this to happen.

At this rate she will soon run out of groveling ideas and start resorting to sexual favors.

"And I can tell you for a fact that Trump's balls taste like cotton candy," she said.

Not so good at maths is she? NRA doesn't even have 5 million members.
Ultimately these MAGAts are going to have to defeat the U.S. military, and I just don't see that as being a remote possibility.

iu

At this rate she will soon run out of groveling ideas and start resorting to sexual favors.

This is great news. A nice easy, legit way to eliminate a large section of the gun-toting morons in one go..