Donald Trump - GUILTY!

Which other presidents committed crimes in office?

Hallelujah !! We don't know ...because of the 'understanding' or 'taboo'... that's the whole point, if we knew then there would be no 'taboo'.

I don't have to prove anything, its my opinion, I've explained reasons why,.." but you pays your money to takes your choice".;)

Hallelujah !! We don't know ...because of the 'understanding' or 'taboo'... that's the whole point, if we knew then there would be no 'taboo'.

I don't have to prove anything, its my opinion, I've explained reasons why,.." but you pays your money to takes your choice".;)
Wow, you really are arguing like a dog chasing it's own tail.

I think you're taking that whole Rumsfeld quote too far. If you base everything around your unknown unknowns, I have a bridge that is absolutely perfect for you.

This was always where this conversation was going to end up I'm afraid. His mind is made up without enough knowledge of the cases involved. You can ask for facts all you like, and you can throw facts at him, but his opinion outweighs facts.

If anything it's an interesting case study as to where politics now are. But as a conversation it can be frustrating.

Imagine considering "not worth it" to punish crime. Particularly in this case when it's fraud,, conspiracy, stealing and an uprising. Let's think for a moment or two about what that course of action does to a society. Or we may not need to even do that as we have witnessed the last couple of years.

Wow, you really are arguing like a dog chasing it's own tail.

I think you're taking that whole Rumsfeld quote too far. If you base everything around your unknown unknowns, I have a bridge that is absolutely perfect for you.

Whose arguing?
Its not me, I have an opinion I've told you what its based on, but can I prove it No, do I wish to convince you (or anybody else) No, if anybody's chasing their tale its not me!

:lol: Are you sure its a bridge, are you sure, it might be a 'bridge too far'!!

You lot are all gluttons for punishment

You lot are all gluttons for punishment

Aren't they just!
Still it passes an hour or two and they should be praised for keeping and old man entertained.
No offence....to anyone... fellas/ladies, you are all worth the time. :)

Aren't they just!
Still it passes an hour or two and they should be praised for keeping and old man entertained.
No offence....to anyone... fellas/ladies, you are all worth the time. :)
That's just sad, mate. Can't you collect stamps or something?

That's just sad, mate. Can't you collect stamps or something?

Yes I suppose it is.... there's now't down for getting old, (except I remember the 'keystone cops' which is the sort of defending we did last night to gave away two OG's)

Yes I did, when I was about twelve years old.

IF FOX WOULD FINALLY ADMIT THAT THERE WAS LARGE SCALE CHEATING & IRREGULARITIES IN THE 2020 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION, WHICH WOULD BE A GOOD THING FOR THEM, & FOR AMERICA, THE CASE AGAINST THEM, WHICH SHOULD NOT HAVE EXISTED AT ALL, WOULD BE GREATLY WEAKENED. BACK UP THOSE PATRIOTS AT FOX INSTEAD OF THROWING THEM UNDER THE BUS – & THEY ARE RIGHT! THERE IS SOOO MUCH PROOF, LIKE MASS BALLOT STUFFING CAUGHT ON GOVERNMENT CAMERAS, FBI COLLUDING WITH TWITTER & FACEBOOK, STATE LEGISLATURES NOT USED, etc.

On reflection perhaps 'taboo' was the wrong word, so 'mea-culpa, mea-culpa mea-maxima culpa' (I have been known to use the wrong word on occasions in the past, the use of 'coup' for example ;)).

However to answer your point about the prosecution of former Presidents, yes I believe some sort of 'understanding' existed whereby former Presidents were given ''a pass' on activity they were responsible for whilst President. There would be some limitations of course, as one poster asked "what if a President, whilst President took up an automatic weapon and mowed down schoolchildren? I think we would hear about that at the time, I don't think it would wait until the President had left office for them to be charged!

As I understand it the US does not recognise the Court of International Justice in the Hague, which may have a bearing?

Given the nature of the main charges (so far), the incitement to riot/Georgia intervention seem to be so focused on Donald Trump's own personal interests to remain in power, and not for the greater good of the Country, that a decision to 'prosecute and be dammed' perhaps has been taken despite any previous 'understandings' and the powers that be across the divide, and for their own reasons, want to see Donald
in court.

The underlying point is however, is it worth it to dismantle this 'understanding' (if you accept it exists) for someone like Trump, who has always shown a disdain for politicians and indeed the various offices in Government, or is it the one case that can be seen as an exception?
The risk is however that in dismantling the 'understanding' it may well curtail the remit of future Presidents, i.e. their hand may be 'stayed' by what might happen to them, once they step out from the Oval office for the last time.

Personally I don't think it is worth the risk for the future of the Office, to try to 'nail' Trump... is he really going to suffer, or to simply glorify himself in his martyrdom?
Mate you have absolutely destroyed italics for everyone through overuse.

Yes there are a lot of them here now, all on the 'naughty step' and all pushing and shoving...seems I've fell in with a bad crowd ;)
Dude, all you've done here is make up a conspiracy theory based soley on your own opinion, with no evidence, then acted all snarky and overly verbose when we've asked for any reason why you have such an opinion.

Then you have had the audacity to ask us for evidence that your conspiracy theory is untrue.

I don't ignore people on the Caf, but the majority of your posts on here have been you taking the piss out of people who are trying to have a discussion.

Dude, all you've done here is make up a conspiracy theory based soley on your own opinion, with no evidence, then acted all snarky and overly verbose when we've asked for any reason why you have such an opinion.

Then you have had the audacity to ask us for evidence that your conspiracy theory is untrue.

I don't ignore people on the Caf, but the majority of your posts on here have been you taking the piss out of people who are trying to have a discussion.

Yes OK.. if I am upsetting you so much then I apologise that is not my intention and therefore perhaps you would be better putting me on 'ignore' for the future.
I have my own ideas/opinions and respect that others have theirs, and I don't set out or intend to convert other posters on the Red Cafe to my way of thinking, just simply enjoy exchanging ideas/opinions in as far as it is possible an affable manner, because one thing I have learned in life is that most people truly own very little... except perhaps their own opinions.

When's he gonna be found out for being a pedo? That's my question.

A friend of one the biggest pedos in recent history, Epstein, who's island Trump visited multiple times.

Yet under 24 hour watch during Trumps presidency and Epstein somehow dies. And it's all brushed under the carpet without an eyelid batted.

From pizza gate to election fraud, the trump supporters can find a conspiracy for any given event. Yet Trumps links to Epstein and his death under Trumps watch doesn't concern them in the slightest.

Surely can't be the only one who believes Epstein "died" for a reason under Trumps watch.

Yes OK.. if I am upsetting you so much then I apologise that is not my intention and therefore perhaps you would be better putting me on 'ignore' for the future.
I have my own ideas/opinions and respect that others have theirs, and I don't set out or intend to convert other posters on the Red Cafe to my way of thinking, just simply enjoy exchanging ideas/opinions in as far as it is possible an affable manner, because one thing I have learned in life is that most people truly own very little... except perhaps their own opinions.
I don't want to put you on to ignore, I've got no problem with you expressing your opinions, but be able to back them up with some kind of provable theory when challenged about them.

Otherwise this isn't a discussion board, it's a place where you vomit your opinion on a table when others are debating, and then laugh at us when we ask you to clear it up.

Have opinions, but be willing to be challenged.

Rumsfeld's "Unknown Unknowns" is a shit place to lay the foundations of your opinion.

Wasn't this part of the plot of Star Trek DS9s Bell Riots where people had been forced into tent cities?

Happened in 2024 in DS9.
Star Trek knows. Only a few decades away from warp speed!