2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
There's been a lot of exaggeration this season about how poor Dalot has been (up until this match I'd say he had 2 or 3 great games, 2 or 3 bad games and a bunch of decent), but this was an absolute shocker.

There's one thing in particular which just seems so completely different than last season, and I'm not sure why. Last season Dalot saved our arses countless times by charging back and stopping a great goal scoring chance when our defensive line was broken, whereas this season he seems quite lazy getting back.

This use of Dalot inverting has to stop. Cuts any width on the right, the winger has to constantly cover for him and he sometimes ends up being in positions where a RB should never be i.e through on goal with an open net.

Oh and always sleeping at the back post is another issue.
Nah nah nah, he was the one that was supposed to be able to play this role! AWB was sold because apparently he couldn't, although to my eyes he was fine and squad level.... just like Dalot right now. Well no actually, Dalot is worst right now

Another pretender that will get flogged off soon. Over complicates the simple. Not particularly intelligent as a player either but he fits in with a clueless manager and incompetent team mates.

All this fancy talk of inverted fullbacks and half-spaces has made him forget the basics of being a fullback.
This is so true. We’re so obsessed with him coming in to midfield and making runs from deep…like it’s a weapon we can rely on. He has quite often broken the lines but nothing generally comes from it.

I just want to see a back 4 with the full backs getting forward on the touchline/overlap

He's a squad player in my eyes. When Shaw returns he'll return to his most useful spot as FB back up.
Not sure why you keep bringing up Shaw. He has been at the club for more than a decade now. Can't stay fit, can't keep his weight down and a major part of the shocking standards at Manchester United. Dalot may not be good enough but Shaw isn't good enough either.

I rarely post in his thread and loathe to call our players names but hes a brain dead player. He's missed like 4 or 5 of those chances since last season. And it's not even the miss that angers me. It's the decision to go for top corner with that amount of power behind his shot.

So many of those brain dead moments this season already:

Putting it out for a corner in the first half of today's game when there was literally no one else around him.

Losing his runner in the Tottenham game in literally the 2nd min of the game.

Got rinsed against fecking Southampton so much in the first 30mins that it ended up with him giving away a penalty.

Get rid of all these dumbass players who literally don't know whats the correct decision to make half the time.

Awful miss but he is still one of the most technically proficient players in our team and doesn't shit the bed under pressure. He's the least of our problems.

There's been a lot of exaggeration this season about how poor Dalot has been (up until this match I'd say he had 2 or 3 great games, 2 or 3 bad games and a bunch of decent), but this was an absolute shocker.

There's one thing in particular which just seems so completely different than last season, and I'm not sure why. Last season Dalot saved our arses countless times by charging back and stopping a great goal scoring chance when our defensive line was broken, whereas this season he seems quite lazy getting back.
He is so clearly complacent this year. I put it down to having literally zero competition for his place given that we've not had more than two available full backs SINCE FKIN JANUARY! It could be fatigue for having to play every game as well. Either way, he's been at fault for too many terrible moments. Offensively he's missed so many one on one's usually set up by Onana. Defensively he's been very lackluster. Last week, not only did he lose is marker, but he passed throw in straight to them which led to the corner. Sums it all up really.

Shite player, always has been. Bottler of a player too. Shirks under pressure .
WAN Bissaka was always the better player.

If could score!! Gosh.

He wasn't that bad because not much of things were happening in his area, WH used their right flank a lot more, but he's been gash going forward recently.

He's never had composure or decision in the final third and unfortunately it isn't coming with age.

What I don’t understand was how people were waxing lyrical over him last season. Yeah he had some decent moments and can be fantastic but was constantly switching off at crucial times and always has done. Similar to AWB. But boy can he give a high five!

Awful miss but he is still one of the most technically proficient players in our team and doesn't shit the bed under pressure. He's the least of our problems.
That's where you are wrong. Average crap players like him stay and stink up the squad for years. This has been a major problem for us. We always end up extending the contract of such average players and they stay making us average as well.

Right now he is only good enough as a backup but at this point he is one of our starters and that is simply not good enough.

Gone from our best most reliable player to terrible over a few games.
Welcome to the interweb.

Oh here we go.

The player we sold is always better after months and years of whinging about said player. :lol:

What I don’t understand was how people were waxing lyrical over him last season. Yeah he had some decent moments and can be fantastic but was constantly switching off at crucial times and always has done. Similar to AWB. But boy can he give a high five!
United fans can be deluded. A player can play well for three games and suddenly become amazing. Just remember people here were calling Martinez one of the best centre backs in the league..
Oh here we go.

The player we sold is always better after months and years of whinging about said player. :lol:
Nothing, at their best Wan Bissaka is better, unfortunately for him he got into a rut under Ole. Dalot is gigantically over rated on here also. Someone on here told me right back wasnt a position that required upgrading in. Don’t know how anyone can say that when you see our left back performing like he does and how far behind in quality our right backs are in comparison.
No, he’s just not very good. Still waiting for this ‘great form’ to return post World Cup.
It’s not that he’s recovering from injury and it’s not that he’s in and out of the team and it’s not that the World Cup depressed him, it’s just that he’s not very good and Wan Bissaka is better.

That’s two posts of mine in the last year and a bit. I’ve never ever liked Dalot. We needed an upgrade on Awb but to sell him and keep Dalot as first choice is genuinely bonkers.

Can it not be that these are all decent players, and that the manager has them disillusioned and demoralised. It's always the players with some of you. We are clearly better than this, Dalot does not have to be sold just benched.... Good managers come in and improve players, and I actually thought ETH was doing that, for a while in the beginning..... but I guess for that to work you gotta earn respect and be a compelling character.

I'm not going to single out Dalot, we have bigger issue

Can it not be that these are all decent players, and that the manager has them disillusioned and demoralised. It's always the players with some of you. We are clearly better than this, Dalot does not have to be sold just benched.... Good managers come in and improve players, and I actually thought ETH was doing that, for a while in the beginning..... but I guess for that to work you gotta earn respect and be a compelling character.

I'm not going to single out Dalot, we have bigger issue
When barely any of the players excel, you can only look at the manager.

Today was a decent enough display, we just couldn't score in the first half when way on top.

We usually crumble when things go against us, so i was delighted we equalised, but unfortunately we had an absolute bast of a decision go against us late on. And even 112 mins extra wouldn't have got us back in it.

In horrendous form after winning players POTY last season.

Think he needs a rest. He must’ve played like 70 games in a row. He plays every fecking game.

I think Dalot is symptomatic of how its been at United this last 10 years. He's a top 6 level player, but not the kind of player you'd rely on in a title winning season. Able to have great games, but the poor games are more common than we need. Yet we persist with him, mainly because we constantly have bigger problems to deal with.

I think Dalot is symptomatic of how its been at United this last 10 years. He's a top 6 level player, but not the kind of player you'd rely on in a title winning season. Able to have great games, but the poor games are more common than we need. Yet we persist with him, mainly because we constantly have bigger problems to deal with.
Are you kidding?!
Dalot has become a really good RB. Including today, he had really good performance.
If you really need to pick one to blame, it’s ETH.

Are you kidding?!
Dalot has become a really good RB. Including today, he had really good performance.
He didn't, it was pretty mid and the miss just made it worse

Are you kidding?!
I don't know what United games you have been watching. Dalot has been shit all season. Cost us multiple goals with his defensive mistakes / being out of position. Hasn't done anything in offense either. That miss today.. That should not happen by someone who has been playing the game for .. 20 years or so, is a professional and is getting a huge salary to do so.

Are you kidding?!

Listen, I want ETH gone, he’s clearly past his time here now, but he can’t make players kick the ball into an empty net.

If Dalot had his head screwed on we would have scored a second in Turkey and opened the scoring today. It beggars belief that so much of Ten Hag's game plan relies on Dalot coming in field to influence the game when he doesn't offer enough offensively.

I believe he's improved a lot over the last two years and he's got some good qualities but if he keeps making those errors then he's not good enough to be a United full back long term.

People consistently talk about the manager- and often deservedly so because he's not getting the best out of the team and can have no complaints if he's sacked- but I can't help but feel sometimes we're always going to be having the same discussion about certain players regardless of manager.

As I said, I like him and think he's a good player but his decisions in the Porto and West Ham games have cost us big time. Any player can have a bad moment or mistake but it seems to happen too often.