De Ligt | €45+5m agreement reached pending medical | Signed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be double the salary surely? De Ligt will probably be about £275k and even we aren’t putting Branthwaite on more than £130k (which would still be too high).

We reportedly agreed with Brainthwaite (150/160k week)
De Ligt is not going to get 300k infact he is likely going to take a haircut

Interesting snippet from The Athletic article today:

“The goal with Matthijs was to bring him to the first team as soon as possible, at a young age, at as good a level as possible,” says one source, speaking on the condition of anonymity to protect relationships. Yet playing as a centre-half against much smaller boys was not especially challenging.

The solution? To play him in midfield. While still only 14 years old, he moved further up the pitch and was given more responsibility in possession, so as to improve his range of passing. “For a long time, he was a No 6; just to make sure he’d be comfortable with the 360 (playing with pressure from all directions),” adds the source.

I am not convinced. He did not set the world on fire despite the other CBs at Bayern are not that great as well. It seems that he still lives off his great potential and professional attitude but whenever I saw him I was pretty underwhelmed. Solid but not a player who helps transforming the way we play.
If he comes - full support. However, I would be more excited by Branthwaite.

De Ligt is not going to get 300k
De Ligt is currently on more than £250K a week. You don't think he'd be getting a bump?

Even if it's not exactly, spot on double, the difference over 5 or 6 years would make up for the difference in transfer fees.

De Ligt is not going to get 300k infact he is likely going to take a haircut

I think he can probably afford a haircut now :-). I’d be astonished if DL takes a pay cut. He’s apparently on about £260k, so I would think the lowest would be about £275k.

I doubt we were willing to pay Branthwaite £150k. If we were, I’d be absolutely certain MDL would be getting at least £300k though. That sort of terrible judgement won’t just apply to one transfer.

exactly, why would he move and take a paycut when he's still go 3 years left on his current deal at Bayern?
Because Bayern aren't offering him a short back and sides with a skinfade.

I think he can probably afford a haircut now :-). I’d be astonished if DL takes a pay cut. He’s apparently on about £260k, so I would think the lowest would be about £275k.

I doubt we were willing to pay Branthwaite £150k. If we were, I’d be absolutely certain MDL would be getting at least £300k though. That sort of terrible judgement won’t just apply to one transfer.

Only going off what was reported

De Ligt is currently on more than £250K a week. You don't think he'd be getting a bump?

Even if it's not exactly, spot on double, the difference over 5 or 6 years would make up for the difference in transfer fees.

He might not need a bump if he is guaranteed football and an extra 2 years on the contract, but I doubt he'd take less.

A lot of people here aren't quite happy with this transfer. Therefore I'm on board, usually when the majority here don't rate the signing he turns out good. Bring him in. :devil:

No

De Ligt is currently on more than £250K a week. You don't think he'd be getting a bump?.

He doesn’t appear in a position to be demanding a bump in fairness. Imagine he’d be delighted to get a contract on similar wages after a tough last season.

If we sold Rashford or Mount now, they’d be in a similar position, delighted to keep the same wage they currently earn.

I feel like I’ve not watched him since that breakout season at Ajax. Signed him for United a few times on manager mode though.

If we do end up signing him my biggest hope is that he can just remain fit. A bit of fitness and consistency will do wonders for our team regardless of quality.

If new coaches means that the players don't kill themselves in training every week, and the medical team are all chucked into a cannon and fired into the sun, then €30-40M (provided we have a time machine in case he still gets a long term injury) would be a great deal.

He doesn’t appear in a position to be demanding a bump in fairness. Imagine he’d be delighted to get a contract on similar wages after a tough last season.

If we sold Rashford or Mount now, they’d be in a similar position, delighted to keep the same wage they currently earn.

I don't think either of them would move anywhere unless they were getting a bump.

We'll never know I guess but players usually get increases when they're part of massive transfers, especially when they're going to Man United.

We will once he is signed

De Ligt isn't slow at all. Stop making me promote him.

I told you Malacia and Antony would be cack, I'm always right.

Ok I also said Martinez would be too small.

Share your opinion on Ugarte so I know how to feel about him.

Players individual wages are never, ever disclosed. It's all speculation.

So we'll take his speculated wages at Bayern vs his speculated wages at United

I like that the Dutch posters who watch him say he’s quick and not the slow slouch like he’s alleged to be on the caf. And the Bayern fans on here don’t want to see him go. Get him to United

You'd think he would take a payout and get a nice signing on fee from us and/or "loyalty payment" from Bayern and then we'd make him a good earner but not a top earner at the club to try to ensure squad harmony as best we can. Maybe 225k a week?

Status
Not open for further replies.