Day 7: Tunisia vs Australia | Poland vs Saudi Arabia | France vs Denmark | Argentina vs Mexico

I've only been half watching this game but from what I've seen in this and the Argentina game, the Saudi keeper is proper mint.

No idea how the ref and commentators didn't see (a) it was a penalty hands down and (b) Szczesny was off his line when he made the save. VAR shows everything perfectly and as usual the clowns watching it are useless

Saudis have been the most exciting team to watch so far: for the right reasons and maybe not so right for them

No idea how the ref and commentators didn't see (a) it was a penalty hands down and (b) Szczesny was off his line when he made the save. VAR shows everything perfectly and as usual the clowns watching it are useless
:lol:
It's a dive with minimal contact. And 2cm of his left heel is on the line, that's enough.

No idea how the ref hasn't booked the number 11 for any of his 6 dives

Saudis with Haaland would lift the cup

I don't think so.

They seem weak at the back, Poland without playing a great match already had the best chances.

And they got battered by Argentina before they scored the equalizer, got saved by the clinical offsides.

Their defense seems weak, they are getting away with it in this one because Poland is a very defensive team.

Poland is going to qualify from this group and it feels like a crime against football.

Is Lewandowski the greatest Polish player ever? I’m struggling to think of another unless i have missed someone
Boniak? maybe Deyna? some jokers might say Jan Tomaszewski...

Poland is going to qualify from this group and it feels like a crime against football.
Yea they've looked horrible in 2 games so far. But SA can still qualify, beating Mexico and Argentina beating Poland is realistic.

:lol:
It's a dive with minimal contact. And 2cm of his left heel is on the line, that's enough.

No idea how the ref hasn't booked the number 11 for any of his 6 dives
I meant the penalty that was given... could see in real time he "swept the leg"

Yea they've looked horrible in 2 games so far. But SA can still qualify, beating Mexico and Argentina beating Poland is realistic.
I just feel Argentina will struggle to score against this Polish side. Saudi Arabia should be able to win against this mediocre Mexico side though

The saudi keeper ability to come off his line really helps their defense to play high, I really like him. Also a midfielder like Kanno would really help my club.

So many of the mid tier European teams (Poland, Switzerland etc) play such ugly, bog standard football but get bailed out by having one or two top quality players

Poland have done well creating good chances with the limited amount of the ball.

I expect KSA to score soon, they've been brilliant up until shooting but I can appreciate the good work Poland have done which other sides have struggled to do.

I just feel Argentina will struggle to score against this Polish side. Saudi Arabia should be able to win against this mediocre Mexico side though
Yea but SA would be through no matter what if they beat Mexico. I think Argentina has the talent upfront to break that polish defense though.

Games like this will make football more popular in the region and surrounding areas.

feck anyone opposing this world cup.

England could do a lot worse than getting in Hervé Renard. Swear everything he touches turns to gold. Never seen Saudi Arabia play such good football.

Would be hilarious for Argentina to exit the group stage with Poland and Saudi moving forward. That's probably worth a good mint in betting if someone did so before the first group games.

Is Lewandowski the greatest Polish player ever? I’m struggling to think of another unless i have missed someone
Zmuda, Deyna, Lato, Boniek were all World Class players that had Poland competing at the top level (two World Cup 3rd places).

Other than Boniek with Juve, none played for a top tier European side and can hardly match Lewandowski's complete body of work but it's different eras. A 70s Lewa could stay stuck at Lech Poznan for the best part of his career.