Day 5 | Turkey vs Georgia | Portugal vs Czechia

Unimpressed with Bruno Fernandes here. Too slow on the ball and losing it too often.

Portugal very similar to England, should be better with the players they have. May well scrape wins with quality of players but managers will hold them back from winning the tournament.

Can't say that here :wenger:

I hated them. Our national team really struggled against them. The Stam versus Koller battle was fun though.

Also, did you leave the best one out? Where is Nedved!

Oh yeah sorry. Nedved was reigning Balon D'Or going into Euro 2004.

Netherlands-Czechs game in that tournament all time classic.

Unimpressed with Bruno Fernandes here. Too slow on the ball and losing it too often.

Portugal very similar to England, should be better with the players they have. May well scrape wins with quality of players but managers will hold them back from winning the tournament.
I think Bruno has been good (Vitinha even better) though I don't think the midfield setup is optimal for either player. Not to give them an excuse but I don't think the setup is balanced.

Jota is definitely in my top 5 of players I irrationally(?) hate.

International football is a bit strange, isn’t it? You have so many players and managers building a reputation by beating teams a tier or two below them for 95% of the matches.

You play 2-3 games every two years where you’re actually tested. It means people like Martinez and Southgate are able to survive despite being mediocre.

You have players with great goal records with a high percentage of goals against tier or two below players

I love it but it feels like you suspend a bit of your belief to enjoy it even more.

Is that the game Nedved had a crazy shot that hit the crossbar ?

Netherlands were 2-0 up into the second half and then Czechs blitzed them and won 3-2. So many great attackers on both sides when you think there was Robben, RVN on the Dutch side.

Will give the highlights a watch of that after this finishes.

I've never seen Jota cleanly go past a player once. He always wins a tacky challenge.

What’s with this ridiculous formation for Portugal? Just put Bruno at 10, play 4 at the back so Pepe doesn’t have to play and put an actual midfielder in for Cancelo.

Infuriating watching this... there's too much talent in this team to just play crosses to Ronaldo.

Netherlands were 2-0 up into the second half and then Czechs blitzed them and won 3-2. So many great attackers on both sides when you think there was Robben, RVN on the Dutch side.

Will give the highlights a watch of that after this finishes.
The tournament ball, Adidas Roteiro was beautiful

looks like many will owe england an apology for their win.