Day 5 | Turkey vs Georgia | Portugal vs Czechia

Are Portugals players allowed to pass to forwards besides Ronaldo? Their obsessively looking for him in every attack looks detrimental.

Joao Cancelo has been playmaking from central areas most of the game. Why is Joao Neves not playing instead of him?

I’ve been very impressed by this ‘no crowding the ref’ rule so far. Players seem to respect it.

Am I going mad or has the BBC commentary changed?

Also, that keeper is a donkey.

Jota is so far off it technically. Think either he should play up top alone, or if Ronaldo is on, someone like Felix would be better off playing off him.

Why do Czech players all have shite haircuts? This is from a country that gave us Nedved, Poborsky, Baros even blast from the past Skhuravy. Disappointing.

Are the Czechs going with "Czechia" now? Is this a new thing? The announcers are calling the players "Czechy" instead of simply "Czech". When I was there, the style guide was they are Czech, they speak Czech.

Unimpressed with Bruno Fernandes here. Too slow on the ball and losing it too often.

Portugal very similar to England, should be better with the players they have. May well scrape wins with quality of players but managers will hold them back from winning the tournament.

Honestly bizarre to see them still so focused on Ronaldo after he looked completely finished at the World Cup.
It’s Ronaldo. No way an international manager has the balls or the power to chuck him. Moreso when it’s Roberto fecking Martinez

I dislike Southgate but I feel worse for Portugal fans, a great generation ruined by terrible setups by both Santos and now Martinez.

Honestly bizarre to see them still so focused on Ronaldo after he looked completely finished at the World Cup.
Did you hear the announcers bigging up the Saudi league? They were saying "yes, it's a lower level, but look at those numbers Ronaldo is getting, you can't argue against those numbers" (but you can), and said "there are lots of good forwards there, so he's doing better than them." Really suspect.

I warned you. Czechia is very poor team but we will pay the price against top opposition.

It's strange as Joao Palhinha was a regular through qualifiers and he's exactly the sort of unfussy DM who'll just do his job at the base and let the creatives do theirs in the final third.

I can't believe they'll stick to this formation throughout the tournament, think he'll change it by third game.

Unimpressed with Bruno Fernandes here. Too slow on the ball and losing it too often.

Portugal very similar to England, should be better with the players they have. May well scrape wins with quality of players but managers will hold them back from winning the tournament.
You mean Ronaldo not manager ;).

Still the best of a bad lot, he's a 5/10 in a team of 4's.

Portugal are struggling to create clear cut chances from open play, yet keep playing the short corner?