Day 2: Spain vs. Netherlands

Status
Not open for further replies.

imperi

He told the Dutch press he is going to use his famous 'provoking pressure' tactic. He also used this during his AZ spell. Got him the title though.. It is some sort of quasi pressure so the opponent thinks they are being pressured yet they only are to some extent (Van Gaal' words). Should create space for midfield.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
It's so obvious when they're reading from a script. Surely these guys know enough about Dutch and Spanish players to be able to give some basic info without sounding like a robot.

Sam

Something along the lines of strikers need to be loved but all the attention was on Rooney - RVP felt isolated.
Basically confirms what we could all see last season then, Rooney was overindulged, to the detriment of the team.

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
Busquets calling Manchester United a long ball team... :lol::nervous:

JP77

It's so obvious when they're reading from a script. Surely these guys know enough about Dutch and Spanish players to be able to give some basic info without sounding like a robot.
Or maybe it's because they prepared for the show in advanced and wrote down what they were going to say?

JefferiesTube

Hope Netherlands don't play long ball boom boom so that maybe next season United wont be playing long ball boom boom

Drifter

American
Missed that, what did he say?
They were talking about RVP and how he needs to be loved to see the best out of him.Rio mentioned last season and how under Moyes he talked up Rooney and ignored RVP.

Mezano

I'm so out of touch. Of that team I know Vlaar is pants, Van Perise and Robben are great, Sneijder was once great, De Jong is a thug, Martins Indi has a nice personality (because the guardian feature piece said so) and who the feck are the rest of them? Cillessen? De Vaj? Danny Blind's son?

Not a great generation of players is it? Or are these mysterious names all youngsters who are about to surprise the hell out of me? And according to appropriate tabloid logic, will I being seeing them all at OT next season?
There is a missing generation in the 25-30 age range. Most of the talented players of that generation failed to develop like Drenthe, Babel, Maduro and Affelay.

The youngsters are a bit too green for the team to get far this World cup but there is quite a bit of talent starting to appear, especially in defense. I'd expect players like De Vrij, Kongolo and Veltman to move to top-teams sooner or later. Blind was player of the year 2014 in the Eredivisie and Cillessen, who resembles a young Van der Sar very much, topped all the league statistics for keepers.

fancyDF

the netherland young players seem a bit nervous. hope they can hold up against the Spain attach

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
There is a missing generation in the 25-30 age range. Most of the talented players of that generation failed to develop like Drenthe, Babel, Maduro and Affelay.

The youngsters are a bit too green for the team to get far this World cup but there is quite a bit of talent starting to appear, especially in defense. I'd expect players like De Vrij, Kongolo and Veltman to move to top-teams sooner or later. Blind was player of the year 2014 in the Eredivisie and Cillessen, who resembles a young Van der Sar very much, topped all the league statistics for keepers.
Thanks.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
The BBC coverage isnt much better, lots of errors, but at least the pundits are better

Status
Not open for further replies.