Day 2: Spain vs. Netherlands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Name one in last 20 years.
I'm not sure what you're asking me?

If you want me to name another 'great side' that was less boring than Spain - which is what I said - then you just named a few. There is plenty.. Which was the point.

If you want me to name another recent International side that was as dominant as Spain then - as you know - there wouldn't be one. But that isn't what anybody was talking about. No one is doubting the success Spain have had.

Stocar

With the talent they have, they can easily win playing in a much more entertaining fashion and playing at a faster pace, taking more risks going forward.
Well, many ither teams also have plenty of talent but play extremely cynical when Spain is on the other side. Really can't blame Spain for that.

manpaslop

Spain: Casillas; Azpilicueta, Ramos, Piqué, Jordi Alba; Busquets, Xabi Alonso, Xavi; Silva, Iniesta y Diego Costa

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Having both Xabi Alonso and Busquets in there is overkill. Dissappointed that Del Bosque has gone for the old boys rather then give them some youthful energy in Koke. Here's hoping Netherlands get a win and encourage Del Bosque to shake things up because they are boring as feck these days.
I agree. Would be nice to see one dropped and a more offensive player put in. Maybe some width and or pace. Or our poor, dear Juan.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Rio eating chicken at the Da Silva household. :lol: Brilliant.

bastip92

Mark van Bommel just said on ZDF about van Gaal: "Good manager, but a very strange guy". :lol:
I didn't have the impression that he likes him particularly.

JefferiesTube

A revamped Spain midfield could have looked like this
Silva - Mata - Iniesta
Gabi - Koke
But Gabi didn't even get in the squad :p

sizzling sausages

Thinks TBP is a soft tagline whore
Scout
A revamped Spain midfield could have looked like this
Silva - Mata - Iniesta
Gabi - Koke
But Gabi didn't even get in the squad :p
Because he's nowhere near good enough. And why would you have Mata central and Iniesta wide?

JP77

Mark van Bommel just said on ZDF about van Gaal: "Good manager, but a very strange guy". :lol:
I didn't have the impression that he likes him particularly.
Had a falling out at Bayern didn't they and van Gaal got rid of him?

Everything was going so well for BBC and then they cut to Mark Lawrenson.

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
BBC already miles better than ITV's coverage, and that's with Alan Shearer included too.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Good god, Lawro looks like the Sasquatch guy off Harry and the Hendersons:

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Netherlands: Cillessen, Vlaar, De Vrij, Martins Indi, Blind, De Jong, Janmaat, De Guzman, Van Persie, Sneidjer, Robben

I don't even know who the keeper is, anyone?
I'm so out of touch. Of that team I know Vlaar is pants, Van Perise and Robben are great, Sneijder was once great, De Jong is a thug, Martins Indi has a nice personality (because the guardian feature piece said so) and who the feck are the rest of them? Cillessen? De Vaj? Danny Blind's son?

Not a great generation of players is it? Or are these mysterious names all youngsters who are about to surprise the hell out of me? And according to appropriate tabloid logic, will I being seeing them all at OT next season?

Status
Not open for further replies.