Day 2: Spain vs. Netherlands

Status
Not open for further replies.

swissgenius

I'm looking forward to see him at OT anyways, but if Van Gaal goes far with that Dutch team, he has my biggest respect. An awfully inexperienced defense with some good names in attack, but most of them seem pretty off-form.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Rio is actually pretty intelligent footballing wise when he isn't being a twit.

Sam

I'm so out of touch. Of that team I know Vlaar is pants, Van Perise and Robben are great, Sneijder was once great, De Jong is a thug, Martins Indi has a nice personality (because the guardian feature piece said so) and who the feck are the rest of them? Cillessen? De Vaj? Danny Blind's son?

Not a great generation of players is it? Or are these mysterious names all youngsters who are about to surprise the hell out of me? And according to appropriate tabloid logic, will I being seeing them all at OT next season?
I'm pretty much as lost as you tbh :lol:

bastip92

Had a falling out at Bayern didn't they and van Gaal got rid of him?

Everything was going so well for BBC and then they cut to Mark Lawrenson.
Yep Van Gall got rid of him. Oliver Kahn just said about van Bommel's comment that Van Gaal is a world class manager and players like Schweinsteiger, Lahm and Muller think that van Gaals philosophy was the foundation for Bayerns triple in 2013. He also said that van Gaal is a difficult guy and you need some courage to get along with him.

Browniee

Louis Van Gaal is going to be absolutely fantastic for Manchester United. Cannot.fecking.wait

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
You lot mocking the BBC coverage, don't know how good you've got it. Here in the States I have to watch ESPN analysis. That means Alexi Lalas. I'd be better off asking my Mum what she thinks about Spain's doble pivote, than that twat about anything football related.

Luckily we get the erutide colour commentary of Steve McManaman to brighten proceedings. Oh..........

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
Netherlands have a lot more choices on the field. Spain is a team of 23 players and 2-3 player types. Robben and Van Persie will score a goal on any counter attack - counter attacks that will eventually come. So there's a good 25% chance of them getting a win here.

JefferiesTube

Ramos and Pique are 2 of best defenders in the world.
van Persie and Robben are 2 of best forwards in the world.
Good battle :D

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Okay, i like that they are giving a bit of info on the players but try and not make it so obvious you're reading it. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.