Day 19: Brazil vs Mexico and Belgium vs Japan

At least they leave the WC proudly after a big match, that's more than most of the big fishes gone can say.

Breaking news. I am a awfull bottler. I am not even going to predict the next results. Just keep my mouth shut. :rolleyes:

Belgium are going to struggle vs Brazil. Martinez bailed out by some huge slices of luck and individual quality/size, wont have the same advantage vs Brazil. His tactics are idiotic for the most part. Cant see him changing either.

Great game, Japan. They’ve got every reason to be proud of their effort today.

That said, Belgium showed some serious heart there. Down 2-0 to win 3-2 with literal seconds left in the game.

Best game of the tournament so far for me.

Ridiculous game... Feel sorry for Japan.. Would have felt sorry for Belgium too if they didn't go through.
But what a comeback right at the end

What's the point, he is 6 ft 6 ". He catches most crosses on his 6 yard box. Every team does it against him, it is baffling.

More baffling given that the Belgians are Massive compared to the Japanese. It was odd to cross it in.

Japan managed periods so well then did that. Crazy.

Its' not really injustice or undeserved. Belgium exploited their height advantage and finished off Japan with an absolutely blazing counter.

Well played Japan, but they were tactically naive and paid for it. Always focus on defending in the last minute before a potential extra time.

So far at this WC our players have been tearing it up, except DDG I guess

what a world cup so far. group stages were great and the knockout games thus far really deliver.:drool:

The Belgium attack would probably have been too much to handle in extra time for Japan. But what an amazing match!! Hats off to Japan for not playing negative.

Japan really should have played the corner kick short instead of giving it away in a cross they'd never win. Feel gutted for them, though. Fought like men and they can hold their heads high.

Belgium are still frauds. They'll be brazil's easiest game of the torunament, like they were for argentina 4 years ago

If Lukaku were Rashford no way he let's that ball through...

Am I doing this right? :D

Deserved in the end. What on earth was that corner from Japan? No one in the box so why hit it there for Courtois to catch? :lol:

So unlucky and naive at the same time! FFS Japan! You didn't deserved it, but thanks for letting me watch the best game of the WC :D

Heartbreaking. Really heartbreaking.

Naive of Honda to whip in the ball there. They weren't going to win the ball in the box and they had literally seconds to run down to let it go to extra time. Such a shame.