Day 19: Brazil vs Mexico and Belgium vs Japan

Japan were fantastic to watch. I feel sorry for them

Gutted really. Japan played some fantastic stuff.. is this how other teams felt when we Fellaini’d them?

Hats off to Japan. They should be treated like heroes back home. Amazing game.

The first time I genuinely feel sorry for a team in this World Cup. Japan deserved more from this.

2 goals up, Why play fancy football ? Although on both goals from belgium japan could do nothing at all.

Btw, De Bruyne did one good thing the whole game. Hazard, Chadli and Fellaini were the only belgians to play. Not well, but at least they showed up

Am I the only one who thinks it was an impressive come back and that Belgium will go on to make it to the final?

Deserved in the end. What on earth was that corner from Japan? No one in the box so why hit it there for Courtois to catch? :lol:

They had 4 to 5 players in the box. naive in having that many at that stage of the game. naive also in none of their players fouling De Bruyne

Am I the only one who thinks it was an impressive come back and that Belgium will go on to make it to the final?
Quite frankly for me Brazil has a much better team than them. But I won't predict anything because I am a bottler predicting things.

I think it is a really big result for them. Yes they were expected to win but to come back from two down within the 90 is huge.

Gutted for Japan but at the same time, it's completely understandable that they were going for it towards the end. Belgium would have annihilated them in extra time. Japan were on their last legs.

But really, what Japan did against Poland and just now against Belgium shows that they've balls the size of large melons. Hats off.

Two big United players in the center of a great comeback. Wonderful game and all credit to a heroic Japan.

Say whatever you want but it’s difficult to not love these two Belgian giants. Maybe Fellaini isn’t everybody’s cup of tea but in these moments his special skills are unstoppable. Romelu Lukaku didn’t score but my God his intelligence and movement was the key the third goal. What a hero.

I’m so happy for both of them. Well deserved.

No, I'm not arguing... I'm just saying it's surprising (from him and maybe from Jose.... though maybe his goals total is ok with him?.

Maybe the total also some assists but just feel he could have so much more. The chances today and at other times just look easier to score than miss. I just hope Sanchez can chip in with a number of goals next season as we can't allow basic mistakes to deprive us of vital goals. It is always good to spread them around the team in any case. I think Fred will be key to getting the ball into our forwards more consistently.

Hazard was a copy of Isco today - too much dribbling,too much technique but zero efficiency..

Brazil will run riot against this Belgium team. I’m predicting 4-0, it’s going to be a massacre.

Brazil and Belgium will be a cracker. My prediction is that it will be a better game than the final.