Day 19: Brazil vs Mexico and Belgium vs Japan

This is beautiful from Japan. Vertonghen and Alderweirled are doing a Spurs. No doubt next season we will go back to pretending they are the best in the league up until it counts.

All I know is this doesn't say, Potion, Phoenix Down or Blizzaga.

I need to stop drinking. :angel:

wow is that a final fantasy tactics reference?!?!

maybe im drinking too much too?

All the smaller teams showing what you can do with a good system and organized tactics coming up against better individuals without a good system. After Belgium, France is probably the next worst managed side so could see them losing too.

France have looked a lot more balanced since bringing Matuidi into the side. They looked good against Argentina.

if there was ever a time I want Fellaini to have a real shit game, today is the day.

No idea why people think England gunna win it, Brazil will wipe the floor with them.
I don't think England will win it, but it seems as the days go by teams that will "wipe the floor with them" are dropping like flies.

I'm a Yank, but half my family is Japanese. They'll be jumping up and down at this point. If we hold on to win, my grandma might even get drunk tonight.
Do you know anything about their manager? I have the sensation he was hired to replace someone else a few months ago.

Japs is pejorative in North America. Not in the rest of the world. Just wanted to point that out to those who seem so scandalized.

It's forgivable if you're not from the U.S. and you didn't know. And if you don't use it again, at least in more "global" company like we have here on the Caf.

Jap is an English abbreviation of the word "Japanese". Today it is generally regarded as an ethnic slur among Japanese minority populations in other countries, although English-speaking countries differ in the degree to which they consider the term offensive.

This is spot on. Found out that other English-speaking nations don't all have the same view of the word when I lived in London and had someone call me "Half Jap" when he found out about my family tree. Not meant offensively at all. It was a good learning experience for me.

Could field a midfield of Dembele, Naingolan and KDB, instead have KDB, Witsel and Fellaini.

Belgium have been in some great positions and decided to shoot.