Day 19: Brazil vs Mexico and Belgium vs Japan

All the smaller teams showing what you can do with a good system and organized tactics coming up against better individuals without a good system. After Belgium, France is probably the next worst managed side so could see them losing too.

Oooh close from Lukaku

It is derogatory, yes. Stemming from WWII

It’s not necessarily derogatory, though. Sometimes it’s just used like ‘Brits’ (e.g. ‘pictures of Jap girls in synthesis’ on Bowie’s Japanophile Scary Monsters). I wouldn’t use it, in case it was misunderstood, but it doesn’t mean the speaker means it negatively.

Lukaku thought he was at Anfield, Stamford Bridge or Emirates there.

The De Bruyne tantrum if they lose is going to be great.

I would laugh too if my office pool fantasy league team didn't have Lukaku as captain and De Bruyne, Vertonghen on it.

I say solid comparison as well. a knuckle ball is a pitch in baseball where there is essentially zero spin on the ball, subjecting it to very odd and unpredictable movements. the movements are very simular to the way a football moves when you strike it square w/ no spin.

Belgium's 3-5-2 been ruthlessly exploited in this game. Carrasco is even worse at coming back to defend than Marcelo.

Baffling that they havent changed anything. The ball just keeps getting dropped into space on the wings all the time.

I wasn't the one who used it, but yeah I didn't know as well. Never heard it used at all, as an insult or otherwise, here in the UK. You live and learn, I guess.
It's the reason it says JPN up in the scoreboard and not that! It's not a big thing outside of America, but it's definitely a thing stemming the war.