Day 19: Brazil vs Mexico and Belgium vs Japan

Kompany having a shocker here. Keeps presenting the ball to the Japanese and they don’t get it back for 5 minutes.

Is Jap a derogatory term? It's just short for Japanese
It actually is, but forgiveable if you didn’t know. You can thank US domestic policy in the 40s for that.

Bill Parcels (former NFL coach) got in a lot of trouble for having a set of trick plays that he called Jap plays back in the 2000s.

so many people underrated japan. they are a good team who, on their day, can cause anyone problems.

Such a shame Shinji didn't work out for us, a great temperament and a good player at

国家レベ
国家レベ
国家レベ

申し訳ありません、それは私の電話でした

If you'd gone into a bookies pre WC qualifying and said you wanted to bet that the QFs would not include any of Italy, Holland, Germany, Argentina, Spain, Portugal or Belgium (fingers crossed), they'd probably have smiled at you as if you were an imbecile and give you some ridiculous odds.

Love this WC.
And not a single one of them undeserved.

This WC is trash :lol:

England amongst the favorites now :lol:
I’m loving this World Cup, it’s been breathtaking. Why focus on England? They may as well go out tomorrow.

Oh, didn’t realize you were a bitter German :lol:

Anime and manga are so proud of you lads. :drool:

I love how Japan adapted footbal to their unique location and culture - I don't think any other country was making 'sports fiction' animation like Captain Tsubasa in early 1980s! Its pretty rad imo

(actually I know there are some older Dutch cartoons but still)

How can a team with as much talent as Belgium get absolutely rinsed every major tournament.
Because they have individual talent. Even Portugal with Santos has more mental toughness than them. Soft. Remember those times when everybody liked Portugal because they were labeled with the "Golden Generation" tag or "Sexy Football".

Whatever that means.

This WC is trash :lol:

England amongst the favorites now :lol:

It's not trash. The "favourites" don't have a divine right to beat everyone. That's such an arrogant attitude to have. Japan have mastered Belgium so far. They deserve to be ahead.

Japs is pejorative in North America. Not in the rest of the world. Just wanted to point that out to those who seem so scandalized.

So far the knockouts have been all about the small nations unexpectedly beating the big nations.

That's why I think England will win tomorrow.

Didn't Brazil just beat Mexico, and most of the wins have not been upsets to be fair. If Japan Hold on then I would say Russia beating Spain was the only one where it was a surprise and even that was on penalties.:wenger:

I love how Japan adapted footballing culture to their unique location and culture - I don't think any other country was making 'sports fiction' animation like Captain Tsubasa! Its pretty rad imo

If they win today, a new season of Captain Tsubasa will be under production!

Will Martinez not even take a defender off and put a striker on? What is he playing at? You're 0-2 down !!!!

Belgium's 3-5-2 been ruthlessly exploited in this game. Carrasco is even worse at coming back to defend than Marcelo.