Day 16: Brazil vs. Chile

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think you see it touch his arm, but the ball gets diverted in a way that only seems to make sense if his arm is involved. At least I'm assuming that's how the ref/assistant saw it, because even on the replay I think it's hard to see much more.
I'm not claiming it's wrong, just that it is controversial. I still think he stopped the ball with the inside of his shoulder and I would never call a foul there, but even if someone thinks it's a correct call surely they can't be sure? I've gotten so fascinated with it that I've basically stopped watching the game, seen it over and over again, and still fail to reach a clear conclusion.

Half the time Chile boot the ball up or make a shit pass and lose possession.

Better teams will really do Brazil in.

People see what they want to see. If it was Chile's goal that was disallowed, there'd be a flurry of posts saying "typical", " disgrace"...

And that is that. I think the only honest answer here is that it's an extremely difficult call.

this is the worst Brazil team I've ever seen. If they win this tournament it'll be a travesty. Why doesn't Sanchez shoot?

It's amazing to see a Brazilian team with such a lack of coherency and quality.

It's also extremely odd to see a Brazilian side that cannot control midfield like they've shown in all of their games in the WC.

It's amazing to see a Brazilian team with such a lack of coherency and quality.

It's also extremely odd to see a Brazilian side that cannot control midfield like they've shown in all of their games in the WC.

If Fred, Hulk and Jo are Brazil quality...

Status
Not open for further replies.