Day 16: Brazil vs. Chile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course that call was controversial. It looked controversial on TV, and I've now sat like a fool watching it frame by frame and can barely tell if the area the ball touches is still shoulder or arm already.

People calling it clear-cut or clear handball need to have their eyes checked. I guess it's a mix of not wanting Brazil to go through, wanting Webb to do well, and wanting to laugh at Hulk. I share the first two, but let's not get carried away.

Chile are an excellent team. A reminder that our own Angelo Henriquez has been capped by them and he's only 20, just goes to show he's a talent

Of course that call was controversial. It looked controversial on TV, and I've now sat like a fool watching it frame by frame and can barely tell if the area the ball touches is still shoulder or arm already.

People calling it clear-cut or clear handball need to have their eyes checked. I guess it's a mix of not wanting Brazil to go through, wanting Webb to do well, and wanting to laugh at Hulk. I share the first two, but let's not get carried away.

Think you need to have yours checked. It clearly hits the inside of his arm as it's coming down.

People calling it clear-cut or clear handball need to have their eyes checked.

People see what they want to see. If it was Chile's goal that was disallowed, there'd be a flurry of posts saying "typical", " disgrace"...

Brazil definitely has been cursed by fat Ronaldo. They basically dont produced any world class striker anymore.

It's only been like 7 years since Ronaldo stopped playing for Brazil, you can't expect every generation of Brazilian players to have a world class striker.

Webb's decision means the Latino press will vilify 'the english speaking' again!

Let the conspiracy begin :lol:

It's only been like 7 years since Ronaldo stopped playing for Brazil, you can't expect every generation of Brazilian players to have a world class striker.

Didn't every generation previously? Doesn't Neymar count anyway? He's got the potential

A shame Vidal isn't fully fit, he could've been the difference today, if chile end up losing.

Clearly hit his arm which was extended and if it hadn't there was no goal.

Anybody who can't see on the first replay that was a handball should file a medical malpractice lawsuit against their optometrist.

But if the argument is that a close call should always favor the forward, I can understand that.

Status
Not open for further replies.