Day 16: Brazil vs. Chile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree with that. Commentators saying he's been sensational but I've seen him through on goal three times. First time he would shoot on his left, cut back inside, fannied about, lost it. Second time shot on his left and we all realized why he avoided it the first time. Third time he refused to use his left again from about 8 yards out, not even a toe poke, cut inside and lost it again.

I had no idea his left was so bad.

He's quick as feck though.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/2-0-neymar-left-foot-rocket-brazil-v-spain/

His left foot is actually fantastic, look at the goal he scored vs Spain in the confederations cup.

So why is he refusing to use it today when clean through?

I've not watched Neymar's much. Genuine question. Does he always over complicate?

Yeah if that was given, everyone would be calling fix
It's just your classic get a yard in front of your marker then slow down with the ball and hope to be bumped from behind. See Marcelo against Mexico. It really needs to be a proper clattering to justify a penalty in that sort of scenario.

This Brazilian side is one of, if not the, least inspiring I've seen in a WC.

The italy's of the world in a knock out phase of a WC would have shut up shop if 1-0 up but Brazil keep going full tilt. Love them for it.

Fred yes, Hulk not really. Hulk was immense defensively before the brainfart. He bailed out Marcelo several times.

Problem is that little things go unnoticed and then one mistake skews the overall opinion.
Hulk in attack this whole WC has been poor. Really bad touch, cant control the ball.

Then why isn't he using it?

Genuine question. Only watched him a few times before.
The first one I think his first touch wasnt perfect which let the defender adjust so he tried to get the defender off balance by switching inside. Cant remember the other 2 right now.

The first one I think his first touch wasnt perfect which let the defender adjust so he tried to get the defender off balance by switching inside. Cant remember the other 2 right now.

Second one he pulled horribly wide. Third one he cut back in again was disposed, ran to Fred who missed from 5 yards.

Great game this, best of the tournament so far in my opinion. Unless you love some defending, then this isn't the game for you. It's really fast paced, had chances and the tackles are flying in. Great to watch as a neutral.

It's still baffling why Hulk was chosen over Willian or Lucas.. does he provide another dimension apart from distracting opponents being utter shite?

Good stuff in that 1st half, Webb surprisingly a nonfactor thus far (Apart from that daft booking of Silva). Brasil the better side but some dire mistakes defensively giving life to Chile

It's still baffling why Hulk was chosen over Willian or Lucas.. does he provide another dimension apart from distracting opponents being utter shite?

Apparently he works hard and provides defensive cover. When he's not giving it away outside his own box of course.

The italy's of the world in a knock out phase of a WC would have shut up shop if 1-0 up but Brazil keep going full tilt. Love them for it.

You are praising Brazil for not doing something they would be incapable to do. Brazil´s defense is far from solid enough to ride a one goal lead home. Not even close to the defensive wall that was Italy at their peak.

Why do they keep playing the same english song everytime before the start of the second half

My God what a first half that was. fecking Luiz though. Hate him with a passion. Just want to punch his face.

5am in the morning here. Missus is asleep, WC game is on tv and I just made a nice juicy steak for the 2nd half..

Fred and Hulk are so sad its almost embarrassing. You almost have to feel sorry for Neymar, having to play with them. Almost.

You are praising Brazil for not doing something they would be incapable to do. Brazil´s defense is far from solid enough to ride a one goal lead home. Not even close to the defensive wall that was Italy at their peak.
ffs keep up with the context of my comment.

Jesus, you accused someone earlier of the worst posting ever, you just got your own title back....

:lol: Sense of humour check.

He complained every one was exaggerating in here, so I said that was the worst post ever. Tongue in cheek.

And Rickie Lambert would be an upgrade on Fred. No Jokes there.

I find it funny. Chile dominates spain, germany etc and now that we are tying them and playing better, we are dire, worst brazil ever etc
go figure

The one Fred missed from close after Neymar tried to cut in came off the defender first, can't blame him at all for that. Not saying he hasn't been shit but that would have been really difficult for anyone to score.

Status
Not open for further replies.