Day 13 | Slovakia vs Romania + Ukraine vs Belgium | Czech Republic vs Turkey + Georgia vs Portugal

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Still don’t get how Belgium are top 3 in the rankings despite winning absolutely nothing.

hobbers

Worst international tournament football I’ve seen.

So many dross teams

diarm

The way this gowl on RTE keeps saying Onana as if he's singing a Rihanna song is wrecking my head.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Such a bunch of drama queens not every game is 3-3. There'll be a good finish here.

Irwin99

The Belgium players don't look happy at all-body language of the subs is terrible.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Not sure I agree with the Euros being dross. Some of the top teams have been poor but the rest are alright

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Belgium obviously fancy themselves to beat France more than they do Ukraine. Or they’re probably just waiting for Ukraine to go for it when they need to. Whatever it it’s all resulting in dull games.

Rapsel

Supports
Ajax
I wanted to play England next round because I think we'd have better chances and England - NL is always a good match but Christ, watching this I might fancy Belgium purely if we want to win.

Gonçalo Motta

Spain, Portugal and Austria are playing the best football overall so far. Germany started really well but I feel like they dropped a bit since the first game

France and England are a bit underwhelming although I expect France to wake up at some point.

Redfrog

Didn’t watch much of this euro but every game I saw was kind of boring.

Red Star One

Not sure I agree with the Euros being dross. Some of the top teams have been poor but the rest are alright
This Euro is good for people with sleeping disorders.
matchweek one (especially) and two (bit less so but still) were great and people were writing how great the tournament is, the third game is always the most defensive and the least exciting one at most tournaments

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Worst international tournament football I’ve seen.

So many dross teams
This is rivaling the first World Cup I watched with interest, 1990. That was absolutely appalling.

Thankfully there are more goals now than in 1990.

klayton88

Is this the most boring the euros has been? Is it the best third place team format that's made almost every game really boring?

Rapsel

Supports
Ajax
matchweek one (especially) and two (bit less so but still) were great and people were writing how great the tournament is, the third game is always the most defensive and the least exciting one at most tournaments
Exactly. I'm surprised people always forget the third group match is seldomly exciting although NL and Austria gave quite the show last night.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Is this the most boring the euros has been? Is it the best third place team format that's made almost every game really boring?
First matchdays were fun but it does seem like the stakes just aren't as high with this format for the 3rd matchday.

Redfrog

Spain, Portugal and Austria are playing the best football overall so far. Germany started really well but I feel like they dropped a bit since the first game

France and England are a bit underwhelming although I expect France to wake up at some point.
France is so poor, I don’t think it will get better.
I am french by the way (from croatian roots) and everyone is so flat with the political situation. I think it affected the players as well.

hobbers

Certainly hasn’t helped.

More teams also means more terrible teams.

This entire group E for instance. And we’ve got Georgia and Czechia to come

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
France is so poor, I don’t think it will get better.
I am french by the way (from croatian roots) and everyone is so flat with the political situation. I think it affected the players as well.
I'm personally psychologically done with Deschamps and his football.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
There is such a big difference in performance between the best teams in this competition and everyone else.