Day 13 | Slovakia vs Romania + Ukraine vs Belgium | Czech Republic vs Turkey + Georgia vs Portugal

Thanks for the rundown. It's a bit fuzzy these days.

We had a friend of the family play on the USMNT that tourney. He won the national championship in a squad that included my cousin. His play in the NCAA tourney got him called up. He didn't play unfortunately.

Sweet.

No worries, that was the last international tournament that I watched while living with my folks, so it wasn't watched through a haze of smoke, so all still fresh in the memory!

It's the 4 best 3rd places teams that complete the R16, not 4 teams with the most points.
I completely get the format, just find it bad a team that won a game won't qualify but a team with all draws will.

First round of fixtures was good. Stupid format ensured the 2nd and third has got progressively worse to the almost unwatchable state now. Ready for the knockouts…
This is also true. Made for a much more negative bunch of games.

Belgium fancy they’ll beat France rather than trying to beat Ukraine just because they’re so scared of an Ukraine break. Embarrassing.

I completely get the format, just find it bad a team that won a game won't qualify but a team with all draws will.

Yeah, that's terrible.

Sorry, I took your post literally and thought you were asking about the format.

Ukraine deserve that. Didn’t start playing until too late. Total negativity from all teams in this competition.

Ukraine out with 4 points. This system is awful. Belgium are a disgrace. Hope they get destroyed by France. Pathetic display there.

Wow, all on 4 points but Ukraine still go out. That's crazy and really unfortunate for Ukraine

If Czech fail to beat Turkey we will have one of: Romania, Slovenia, Austria or Turkey in the semifinal.

It's unfair that Ukraine are out on 4 points while their group rivals are just settling for a draw in the other game because that's all they need.

The format is fundamentally flawed.

So Italy, Ingurland, Austria and Romania on one side, France-Belgium and Germany-Denmark on the other, Portugal also on that side and Slovakia, Slovenia, Netherlands wait for tonight?

What needs to happen for England to play Netherlands?