Day 13 | Slovakia vs Romania + Ukraine vs Belgium | Czech Republic vs Turkey + Georgia vs Portugal

ManUtd1999

No one can finish in this Euro. It’s time for the big man, Mr. Own Goal, to show up.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
This tournament started nicely but gone a bit flat I think

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
Danish commentator just mentioned that only three Belgian players played CL in the previous season.

That’s some drop off from the Golden generation.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Surely UEFA must've known the addition of 3rd placed teams going through was going to create more boring games in the final group game fixture. I'm guessing they didn't care as long as it made them more money.

BarryWinks

The quality of shooting at this euros has been appalling. Too many times I've seen players shoot over from 20 yards out under little to no pressure.

Wondering if this is related to fatigue after the long season? Or uefa fecked with the ball?

ManUtd1999

Some of them aren't even shooting
Some don’t shoot, some look for birds to hit, some just pass the ball to the goalkeeper, some barely touch the ball when they “shoot”. The state of attacks in this tournament.

ManUtd1999

The quality of shooting at this euros has been appalling. Too many times I've seen players shoot over from 20 yards out under little to no pressure.
100% true.

It’s not about fatigue. There are simply no great attacking players in most teams. I don’t recall anything like this.

Supports
Barcelona
Some of its episodes are straight up racist though
The earliest one, The Congo adventure, but different times and wasn't intended in malice. Herge himself apologized for it.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner

Wondering if this is related to fatigue after the long season? Or uefa fecked with the ball?
Yeah, the state of forward play in football is as poor as I can ever remember.

ManUtd1999

Yeah, the state of forward play in football is as poor as I can ever remember.
I came to this tournament expecting defenses not to be good as I don’t think that we have great/elite defensive players in the world.

The poor build up and even poorer finishing is not something that I expected. Shots miss the net by yards for absolutely no reason.

Big Andy

Bloke
Stop with the pants.

"Pants by itself has of course continued in US English to refer to trousers, but in British English, pants is used most often to refer to what Americans call underpants"
Pants are fecking trousers. Underpants are undies, grundies or boxers.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
I can’t put a name to the face of the the guy on BBC.

Brophs

The One and Only
Phil Foden sure does have a lot of kids for a 12 year old.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Anybody knows the astral configurations of the KO bracket? Who plays who with these results? Is it possible Italy will make the final by playing swiss, dutchies, and romania?

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Imagine going out on 4 pts but teams are going through on 3 pts. Harsh.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Dovbyk must be one of the least talented players to score over 20 goals in one season in La Liga history.
Yeah Girona were something else. Pretty much any striker in the league would have scored 20+ for them, though Dovbik was good in fairness. Also Sorloth somehow scored buckets. Just a weird season

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
The earliest one, The Congo adventure, but different times and wasn't intended in malice. Herge himself apologized for it.
Of course he would apologize. He'd have been mad not to. Even the one in Shanghai is the same. Obvious racism.
Don't get me wrong, I like some its episodes, great adventures but it is what it is

ManUtd1999

Anybody knows the astral configurations of the KO bracket? Who plays who with these results? Is it possible Italy will make the final by playing swiss, dutchies, and romania?
They could play England in the QF. Austria is a potential opponent in the SF. They could play some of the teams that you mentioned.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Ukraine are out right now, correct?

Lyricist

This tournament started nicely but gone a bit flat I think
You're only saying this because of that England group we saw last night. Just prior to that Austria beat the Netherlands 3-2 and there was the Croatia Italy drama. It's been great aside of group C.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

You're only saying this because of that England group we saw last night. Just prior to that Austria beat the Netherlands 3-2 and there was the Croatia Italy drama. It's been great aside of group C.
To be fair, the Scotland Hungary game was herroundous. The Italy Croatia game was a tough watch as well. Only last minute drama made tuning in not a complete waste of time.