Day 12 | England v Slovenia + Denmark v Serbia | France v Poland + Netherlands v Austria

Gordon did more with one pass than Foden has managed from LW all match.

Slovenia drawing 3 games and play-acting and time-wasting their way through them and going through. This is no underdog, romantic story. It's shit for football.

Gordon gets on for 3 minutes and comes up with the most positive move of the entire game.

I think it's fairly safe to say that Mainoo and Palmer are far better options than Gallagher/Trent and Saka.

Rest of the team still looks bad though. Bellingham not impressed at all really to say how good he can look with Madrid players around him.
Different role and responsibilities in real Madrid.

What a dead tournament this is.

Just bin off every team. Have the final Spain vs Austria and call it a day. No other team has any business near the final.
Christ your posts make me want to go down the street.

What a different side we look with two pacy tricky wingers.

Subs have come on like they’re annoyed by what they’ve had to watch from the first team.

Kane is a huge problem. Apart from the occasional tap in he offers nothing.
It'd be worth trying him with wide players that are willing to make runs in behind. He's been brilliant linking up with quick runners at Spurs and Bayern. Foden and Bellingham seem like they'll break out in hives if they don't have Kane ahead of them.

This was at least better from England than the last game, right?

Good second half. They had already qualified though.

The big story here is not the degree of how crap England were but Slovenia with a population of of 2 million going unbeaten into the knock out stages. Hats off to them.

This was at least better from England than the last game, right?

I'm not so sure about that, it's a significantly worse opposition. Every single game has been total garbage, shocking stuff.

Subs gave England some signs of life but we all know Southgate will stick with his regulars.