Day 11 | Albania vs Spain | Croatia vs Italy

I presume this has already been answered here but are Italy still through if they lose? I thought I heard the commentator say that
Depends on results elsewhere but the 4 best performing third-placed teams go through. So you just need to do better than 2 (there are six groups). As it stands Italy are definitely ahead of Hungary (goal difference) and if England win tomorrow are guaranteed to be better than the third place team in that group too.

Is it just me or is international football much lower quality than it used to be?

I presume this has already been answered here but are Italy still through if they lose? I thought I heard the commentator say that

Depends on other results. They're already in a better position than Hungary if it stays like this.

It's just not part of the TV package I have by default. I'd have to lose some streaming providers I watch a lot, or buy extra points for access to the sports channel the Spain match is on.
Argh fair enough mate. So you don’t just have normal bbc one and bbc two?

Is it just me or is international football much lower quality than it used to be?

100%. Look at the players on teams like Italy vs the 90s.

Also it's no longer the pinnacle of the game. Elite club football has overtaken it in terms of quality.

Increasing the number of teams in big tournaments hasn't helped either.

Their goal showing we're actually quite decent when we play.

We were petrified until their goal unfortunately...

Wow what a miss...

Doesn’t it seem mental that Modric once played for Spurs? Such a classy player.

Weird too that he was 26 when he signed for Real Madrid. Feels like he’s been there forever

If England win tomorrow Italy are through, and if England bottle it they're still through as long as Georgia doesn't beat Portugal.

And they could also go through if both games in group E are won by enough goals. Plenty of opportunities.

my first world cup. got my dad to stick a 10er on italy to win it :)
Your first world cup? Jesus, I'm getting old. They say I doesn't hurt, but it does. Physically and mentally. And suddenly you're an old fart raving about how those young people know nothing about Italian football and that they were a force "back in the day".

If England win tomorrow Italy are through, and if England bottle it they're still through as long as Georgia doesn't beat Portugal.

And they could also go through if both games in group E are won by enough goals. Plenty of opportunities.

I imagine if both Belgium and Romania win their games in group E, then that will see Italy through

Some of the final balls are just bizarre. See better standard at Sunday league.

Club football is better than ever and makes international football worse by comparison

Though yes, it's also a bit lower quality right now I think