Day 11 | Albania vs Spain | Croatia vs Italy

Watch as Italy scrapes through with a lucky late goal and then continues to the final.

If Italy are still going to be cautious thinking 3 points are enough with just -1 goal difference then it’s just embarrassing. Stupid format.
They're fine. Hungary are at 3 points and -3 GD, group C and F probably won't surpass 2 points

And yet England managed to lose the EC to them on their home soil. Bunch of bottlers.
The 2021 Italy team had actual quality up front with a very in form Chiesa, Immobile and Insigne, not to mention the experience of Chiellini and Bonucci at the back and Veratti who completely bossed the English midfield that night.

I have no idea what’s the point of this current Italian side.

I'd love to know what caused the demise of Italian football. Euro 2020 papered over the cracks in a lot of ways.

They've not won a world cup match since 2006!
Have you been to Italy recently? There’s no young people! I’m not even kidding, massive brain drain, low fertility, plus a rapidly ageing population meant that I saw feck all people under the age of 40 whenever was there. Their talent pool is probably drying up.

also Calciopoli really fecked them too.

If England win the group tomorrow, they will face Croatia or Switzerland should they win their RO16 game. Draw being kind to Southgate again.

And if France finish second, the toughest team they can face up to the final is the Netherlands.

Think Italy will still go through. They're already above Hungary in the 3rd placed teams. Just need England to win tomorrow.

Those close-up shots of upset/worried/annoyed fans in the stands, is it a camera with a super zoom or is there a camera-man scurrying around looking for the most miserable looking people and getting in their face?

I think he’s playing it safe to see through to the next round. And it’s not like the forwards are high quality that we see a resemblance of how Napoli played in 2022–23.

inevitable

Player knew nothing about it , but yeah accept that rules are rules

I disagree, I think players know exactly what they're doing in these instances, trying to conceal use of their hand/arm by turning their body to block the referee's field of view.

In the moment they probably forget that VAR will pick it up.

I know international tournaments are a completely different game to club football where the most random players can be inexplicably good, but it's comforting to see that Darmian is shite also here.

Italy are getting into so many good positions and wasting them all.

Who is the commentator? Is his grandma italian or is he just showing off his italian accent?

I’ve gotten so used to Croatia winning games despite the other team being far better over the last decade. It’s so weird.

Albania Asllani is a genuinely good player. I would sign him for United in a heartbeat.