Darron Gibson - is he good enough for Everton?

I'm confident this will be an 'average to shite' typical gibson performance. I am also confident he will be sold this summer.

he will probably score one now ive said this but it doesnt hide the fact he offers us next to nothing bar the odd long range bomber every 15-20 games

Please prove me wrong Gibbo and produce a majestic, confident and energetic display with inch perfect passing and excellent movement. Then there might be some hope for you.

adgdart.png

Someone said they threw the phone against the phone when they saw Gibson starting.

Some people don't deserve this club.

My phone is used to it, so I have to love every United player? Gibson is a safety risk in a match like this and makes United weaker but I hope he has a good game. He has to pressure Lucho which is something he usually don't do too well.

Well i haven't a clue what you have been watching either, on several occasions now i have watched Darron Gibson like a hawk & made notes of what exactly he has done in matches he played in (every single thing, positive & negative) & i can honestly tell you that Darron Gibsons 1st touch is second to none, next time he plays i'll post exactly what he did in the match & then we'll see who's talking shite here.

I've got the Seinfeld box-set but that's the funniest thing I've ever heard.

FWIW I also think Gibson will have a decent game.

Its a game likely to be played at not the greatest pace. Hence I expect him to do well. His problems have generally come against teams that close down quickly and give little time on the ball.

I hope Gibson plays well but I am not expecting him to do anything positive. The last match I remember him starting that was away like this was vs City (Scholes header). Gibson was very poor and taken off within 60 minutes.

He had two excellent passes in the last game, so hopefully with having more freedom in a midfield 3, he'll have a decent game. Go Gibbo!

Definitely been the best of our 3 midfielders so far tonight; Carrick and Flectcher haven't passed the ball well at all but Gibson has done quite well and has played some very good incisive balls especially a couple to Nani.

He has been better than Carrick and Fletcher, but by all means he has still been shit, he hasnt imposed himself on the game at all. It's pathetic that United can control the central midfield anymore

He has been better than Carrick and Fletcher, but by all means he has still been shit, he hasnt imposed himself on the game at all. It's pathetic that United can control the central midfield anymore

you really should just be quiet

He's passed the ball well the few times he's managed to get involved. Fletcher and Carrick have been running a contest to see who can kick the ball out of the most under the least pressure. Fletcher's winning.

Fletch has been mister invisible; Carrick's playing like a bumbling idiot and Gibbo's being gibbo but looks relatively good when playing with the other two.

I think Fletcher has been our poorest midfielder actually.

He's been completely anonymous, but he sprints everywhere so he must be great! Fletcher's collapse into pre-2006 headless-chickenery has been the most damaging aspect of our entire season, I'd say.

Gibson's been okay, decent passing.

Carrick is passing at 83%.
Gibson at 80%
Fletcher at 55%

Although Carrick's passing is more "safer" so obviously his % is higher. Gibson has been slightly more adventurous but still at a high percentage.

How many passes has Gibson made? I can barely remember him touching the ball more than about 5 times.

Gibson at 80%
Fletcher at 55%

Although Carrick's passing is more "safer" so obviously his % is higher. Gibson has been slightly more adventurous but still at a high percentage.

Vidic beats them all

Just goes to show how entirely useless the stat you cite is

Gibson played a 'complete' pass that put one of our defenders under real pressure early in the game

I find it weird people put much stock in this kind of thing unless you're doing something beyond the norm ala Scholes, immense success on top of probing, inventive balls

Gibson at 80%
Fletcher at 55%

According to these stats, Fletcher is at 81, Carrick at 79 and Gibbo at 83

scaled.php

on present form Gibson is not good enough, neither is Carrick, simple as. Both lack any creative flair.

screw the stats...if you watched the game you knew both Carrick and Gibbson were downright average.

Yep. While Gibson was better than Carrick, he is nowhere near good enough.

When Scholes came on it was almost painful seeing how much better he is than Carrick and Gibson.