Darron Gibson - is he good enough for Everton?

Simply not good enough for United, if he can play for United so should my grandma

He was the best out of the 3 but still shit.

Can he even get into a bottom half team in the premiership? No.

He's not good enough for United but he was definitely better than both Fletcher and Carrick who were shocking.

Paul Scholes did more in 15 minutes.

I'd disagree with that, i don't remember Scholes doing anything offensively. He obviously helped us hold onto the ball and he probably made as many passes but the formation seemed to solidify us, which is strange seeing as we took a guy out of the midfield.

Hello? What's been the common denominator? When ever fletcher plays the midfield doesn't.

I'd disagree with that, i don't remember Scholes doing anything offensively. He obviously helped us hold onto the ball.

Which is what we needed. Had we kept the ball well throughout the game, Nani would have destroyed Heinze. The signs were there early on.

Couldn't pick him out tonight. He was poor I thought, but no worse than either Fletcher or Carrick. He was brought off because the other two are defensively better and fitter. He faded in the second half but it's next to impossible to build anything the way we were playing. And Gibson isn't really a counter-attacking sort of player.

Hello? What's been the common denominator? When ever fletcher plays the midfield doesn't.

The midfield just played in spite of him for the previous two seasons, obviously.

Do you think the way he's played this season is at the same level of the last two?

i thought he did an ok shift for 60 mins. Personally i would have taken Fletcher off, Carrick would have been more than enough protection for the back 4.

That would have meant we couldn't have put Rooney down the middle though? Or we would've just had no-one on one of the wings.

The midfield just played in spite of him for the previous two seasons, obviously.

Do you think the way he's played this season is at the same level of the last two?

That would have meant we couldn't have put Rooney down the middle though? Or we would've just had no-one on one of the wings.

could have pushed Scholes up the middle a bit more, in the hope of nicking one

Not going to lie he did a good job today. Thought it was Carrick that should have come off.

Gibson was excellent tonight, fair play to the lad. Great game.

tongue firmly in cheek there i hope...

our 3 so called midfielders tonight were very poor.
fletch does what he does, and did it adequately, but the guys isnt going to unlock defences with his passing.

carrick has become especially poor because we all know what he can do, and has done, a few seasons back.... i cant fathom whats gone wrong with him??? is he being asked to play so defensively he cant remeber how to be creative??

gibbo, just simply not good enough, not able to read the game or impose himself on a game as much as he should. so disappointing :(

Yes his performances have been just the same as the last few and funnily enough since his regular place carrick has been poor. People keep saying he was great last season and so on this is bullshit he improved massively on previous seasons where he should have been cutting hair not playing football yes bur now fans expectations are that of a regular in the Utd side and that he will NEVER deliver. It's not just what he can't do it's the whole effect on the team.

Gibson was the only one of the three that actually made any decent forward thinking passes before we changed formation.

And he didn't get a chance to shoot, that's probably one of the main reasons he was picked today.

Gibson had a good game tonight i thought, still don't know what a few are going on about in relation to his 1st touch & passing.

Min
2 - Header into box to Berbatov
3 - Lovely ball to Berbatov on the wing
3 - Gives away freekick - challenge on Gonzalez
4 - 1st time pass to Nani
5 - 1st time pass to Smalling
9 - Long range pass to Nani towards corner flag
10 - 1st time pass to nani along the byline
10 - 1st time pass to Fletcher
12 - Bad pass back to O'Shea resulting in a throw in
14 - 1st time pass to Rooney in midfield
14 - 1st time pass to O'Shea along the byline
16 - Header to Carrick in midfield
18 - Heinze gets the better of him from an O'Shea long ball
19 - Plays 1st time pass to Nani along the byline~
24 - Plays 1st time pass back to Vidic
25 - Lovely 1st time long range pass to Nani along the byline
31 - Plays 1st time pass to Nani along the byline
33 - Clearance from defensive position
33 - Plays it 1st time to Nani along byline
35 - Wastes time on the ball & loses it
37 - Pass to Nani
38 - Poor 1st touch from Rooney pass
41 - Pass to Nani
42 -Pass to O'Shea

46 - Plays a 1st time pass to Rooney
51 - Fouls Remy in central midfield position
52 - Intercepts ball in defensive position
54 - Wins freekick in midfield
55 - Gives away a needless freekick
58 - 1st time pass to Nani along byline
60 - Clears ball via header from incoming freekick
65 - 1st time to Nani along byline
65 - Gives the ball away in midfield
66 - Plays a 1st time pass to fletcher
68 - 1st time to O'Shea along the byline

Over all he had a pretty good 1st half i thought creating 2 decent chances along the wing for Nani, drifted out of the game a bit in the 2nd half though.

He's not great in the tackle but he had a couple of patches in the game where he did quite well on the ball, I thought he was better in that aspect than either of our other 2 midfielders tonight.

Gibson had a good game tonight i though, still don't know what a few are going on about in relation to his 1st touch & passing.

Min
2 - Header into box to Berbatov
3 - Lovely ball to Berbatov on the wing
3 - Gives away freekick - challenge on Gonzalez
4 - 1st time pass to Nani
5 - 1st time pass to Smalling
9 - Long range pass to Nani towards corner flag
10 - 1st time pass to nani along the byline
10 - 1st time pass to Fletcher
12 - Bad pass back to O'Shea resulting in a throw in
14 - 1st time pass to Rooney in midfield
14 - 1st time pass to O'Shea along the byline
16 - Header to Carrick in midfield
18 - Heinze gets the better of him from an O'Shea long ball
19 - Plays 1st time pass to Nani along the byline~
24 - Plays 1st time pass back to Vidic
25 - Lovely 1st time long range pass to Nani along the byline
31 - Plays 1st time pass to Nani along the byline
33 - Clearance from defensive position
33 - Plays it 1st time to Nani along byline
35 - Wastes time on the ball & loses it
37 - Pass to Nani
38 - Poor 1st touch from Rooney pass
41 - Pass to Nani
42 -Pass to O'Shea

46 - Plays a 1st time pass to Rooney
51 - Fouls Remy in central midfield position
52 - Intercepts ball in defensive position
54 - Wins freekick in midfield
55 - Gives away a needless freekick
58 - 1st time pass to Nani along byline
60 - Clears ball via header from incoming freekick
65 - 1st time to Nani along byline
65 - Gives the ball away in midfield
66 - Plays a 1st time pass to fletcher

Over all he had a pretty good 1st half i thought creating 2 decent chances along the wing for Nani, drifted out of the game a bit in the 2nd half though.

Well atleast you backed up what you said you would do.

I thought he had a better game than the other two thats for sure.

On the ball, he was the better than Fletcher and Carrick. However, off it, he is still not good enough.

He also faded very quickly after a somewhat encouraging start.

He was ok. I wish we had taken of Fletcher and brought on Scholes. Gibbo was making some good runs to support Berbs. Fletcher pretty much did nothing after this point despite being deployed further up top.

Gibson did better efforts to bring the ball forward compared to Fletcher and Carrick combined. 10 out of 15 successful forward passes vs. Fletcher's 6 out of 11 and Carrick's 4 out of 12 (horrible in Carrick's standards).

Started off really well and played a couple of penetrative passes but slowly faded out of it. Still a decent performance which showed signs of his passing range which some feel he doesn't have.

I'm not sure why people are criticising the three midfielders. It was obvious by the team picked their first duty was to shield the defence.

United achieved a favourable result.