Darron Gibson - is he good enough for Everton?

I don't think he should be anywhere near the side for important must-win games like this. He has a long way to go if hes going to make it here.

11 appearances this year in the league. 18 overall in all comps. Without him for those 18 games, we'd be struggling. He's done a good job when he's come in (especially in games like the Arsenal FA Cup game) and allows players to be rested.

:lol:

So he's vital just by being part of our squad and being fit when others needed a rest. Well done Gibbo.

For someone playing in central midfield he was noticable by his abscence. Either out of his depth or going through the motions. He played deep and was second to the ball on a number of occasions. I don't think he did his job well at all today, Anderson carried him.

I've seen him play enough to have a informed opinion on him.

Don't be so stupid Anderson played well because Gibson did exactly what he was asked to do and did it perfectly ok.

Don't be so stupid Anderson played well because Gibson did exactly what he was asked to do and did it perfectly ok.

Yeah, sure, Anderson who was brilliant was brilliant because of Gibson who was average. Good one.

For someone playing in central midfield he was noticable by his abscence. Either out of his depth or going through the motions. He played deep and was second to the ball on a number of occasions. I don't think he did his job well at all today, Anderson carried him.

I've seen him play enough to have a informed opinion on him.

im not saying whether his good enough for united,

im saying he did OK today and doesn't deserve to be slagged off.

Well yes. Getting rid of players like that is what Chelsea did this year.

Which says pretty much nothing about Gibson's quality. That's one of the worst points anyone has put across in a long time. 'Wow he's played 18 games, he's vital!'

He did the job he was asked to do and did it well --- he barely misplaced a pass kept it simple and allowed Anderson freedom.
Gibson is in the squad because the Boss and his staff think he is worth his place its as simple as that. Some of the anti-Gibson comments are so stupid it highlights just how little knowledge some fans have.

They may think it, but doesn't mean they're right. They may arrive at our conclusion soon enough. And if they don't, if performance levels persist, I think we're in for further insipid displays in the future. I back my 'knowledge' and I don't think he's up to it here. Hardly a knee jerk reaction given the opportunities he's had

Our midfield has been a trouble spot for us all season. And it never looks weaker than when Gibson is in the team. Not to say he hasn't had good games here and there

Yeah, sure, Anderson who was brilliant was brilliant because of Gibson who was average. Good one.

are you completely dim? Gibson is not as talented as Anderson and could never do the same job but he was disiplined did his job efficiently. Unless you know different we have not got two Andersons, Scholes is suspended, Fletcher unfit and both Giggs and Carrick needed a break.

To put my opinion into really simple terms that aren't really fair to Gibson, if we were playing Real or Barca or whoever in the Champions League final tomorrow I could see a case being made for any of Carrick, Fletcher, Scholes, Anderson or Giggs starting in central midfield, I can't imagine anyone, even if his own mother, making a case for Gibson. He is that far below the others. He might get to that level eventually but hes not even close right now.

are you completely dim? Gibson is not as talented as Anderson and could never do the same job but he was disiplined did his job efficiently. Unless you know different we have not got two Andersons, Scholes is suspended, Fletcher unfit and both Giggs and Carrick needed a break.

That makes no sense whatsoever. Why you're on about two Anderson's, suspensions and injuries I have no idea.

What I do know is that this statement is nonsense,

'Anderson played well because Gibson did exactly what he was asked to do and did it perfectly ok.'

his shooting technique today is awful, nothing like what we are used to seeing.

He's going to be banned for everything he'll tweet.

That makes no sense whatsoever. Why you're on about two Anderson's, suspensions and injuries I have no idea.

What I do know is that this statement is nonsense,

'Anderson played well because Gibson did exactly what he was asked to do and did it perfectly ok.'

pretty simple statement to understand

play the disiplined role carrick often does for us -- and if you don't understand that fecked it i can be bothered to explain

Thanks for clearing that up.

Carricks had a pretty indifferent season but his recent performances certainly outline how much Gibson is inferior.

Besides you could maybe say Gibson gave Ando a partner who kept it simple and didn't feck up and that helped. But saying Anderson performed because of Gibson's great work is strange. Anyway to each his own.

11.5k followers already. Just got another thousand in the last minute or so.