Darron Gibson - is he good enough for Everton?

It's still 10 games to get a medal.

Valencia has just 5 appearances...

Even Macheda didn't get one.

Kuszczak (2007, 2008), Larsson (2007), Smith (2007), Pique (2008).

I think that was to do with his ego and not thinking he'd already made it/done it. I could be wrong.

His contribution to 2008/09 is unquestionable, even if only for two kicks of a ball.

Kuszczak (2007, 2008), Larsson (2007), Smith (2007), Pique (2008).

He's had 7 appearances. 3 more to get one automatically. He should feature today I imagine and if he is fit, he'll definitely feature against Blackpool and possibly Blackburn depending on if we won the league versus Chelsea/Arsenal. He'll get one.

I think there's some special addition to the 10 game rule for squad players who receive much injury. So for Owen and Valencia, 6 or 7 or 8 might be enough.

Owen is a pro that fecked up his career with a move to Madrid.

Very few players of his talent wouldn't have done the same.

Given the whole Tevez gate bullshit of two seasons ago, Owen has earned my respect entirely by showing grace and gratitude for getting to play for this club.

And I wonder how many moves he has taught Cheech?

Given the whole Tevez gate bullshit of two seasons ago, Owen has earned my respect entirely by showing grace and gratitude for getting to play for this club.

I hope Fergie's got him to tutor Chico like you can do in FM, you'd think he'd benefit massively from being under Owen's wing.

He's taking on Oliver Holt at the moment. It's interesting reading.

Probably 0. We had the same questions asked when Rooney was starting to find such space in the box and scoring headed goals through his movement like Owen used to.

Owen said he didnt help Rooney with it. Although you probably do pick one or two things up just watching each other in training - Hernandez was doing all this stuff in pre-season so...

Probably 0

That's you down in my estimation.

Owen taught Cheech nothing in training? feck off.

I reckon Owen is one of the best players to have around the club right now with Cheech in his first season, even if Owen doesn't play many games.

Hell Rooney, Owen, Berbatov around him. He is turning into one shit hot player and if anyone wants to tell me that has nothing to do with the players around him then I reckon they are clueless of the highest level.

We didn't score against Newcastle tonight and it was a shit result, but Cheech's performance showed us that we have the most shit hot young striker in the world on our books right now. Did you see this boys headers? He bullied that Newcastle defence and he is clearly a weakling.

What was Ronaldo's first season like? And Cheech isn't a diving cnut.

You need to chill a bit when people disagree with you. His opinion is guesswork based on Owen himself having said not to have taught Rooney.
Sure Owen might have taught Chicho something but the way he plays was the way he plays before he got here.

Probably 0. We had the same questions asked when Rooney was starting to find such space in the box and scoring headed goals through his movement like Owen used to.

Owen said he didnt help Rooney with it. Although you probably do pick one or two things up just watching each other in training - Hernandez was doing all this stuff in pre-season so...

Owen said he didn't help, but I though Rooney mentioned something about watching and learning from Owen during training? Or did I just made that whole up? :nervous:

Ollie, if you happen to read the forum you could start to improve the relationship between players and journalists by writing the truth instead of headlines that bear little resemblance to either the truth or the content of the articles.

Perhaps then the players might start to trust you. Atm the ball's in your court I think.

He erm, mentioned that in a tweet yesterday to Owen, he just writes the story, not the headlines.

I don't know why but that made me laugh.

Heh, maybe because you can't even count on that. Like Fergie telling that after we lost 1-5 to City in 89, he went home only to find his wife chanting 'Fergie for the sack' as he entered!

My respect for Owen has increased slightly followin that exchange with Holt.

Holt was trying to make him look stupid and ended up having to back track and agree with him.

daveruthnufc Dave/Ruth
Did you leave newcastle for the money?

to which owen replied....

"Are you serious?"

Rio's got a new display pic after the City game.

image.jpg

I think its photoshopped.

Mmmm.. That hasn't really been thought through. You can actually see his heart on the x-ray. Slightly below and closer to the mid-line than the crest. Right behind his sternum.

He shouldn't worry too much about that, especially when his breast shadows make him look so wholesome...

Today is beginning to typify the things I dislike about having him in the side ahead of roughly anyone else.

Doesn't demand the ball at all, and his teammates will look for another option rather than passing him the ball. When we have possession, he's both pointless and useless due to a complete lack of goal threat (which was the only reason to have him in in the first place). He's probably not even a step up from having John O'Shea playing midfield.

On the other hand, Anderson's been excellent today