Darron Gibson - is he good enough for Everton?

Tweeted that he just got beaten by a squeaky voiced bully of a 13 year old on FIFA :lol:

There goes my mate's theory that people who play football regularly are more likely to be good at football games.

I swear I just lost 2games in a row on fifa...The controller almost hit the wall in anger! I wanna #2foottackle the stinking console!

The kid who beat me...was one lil high pitched voice lunatic who was probably no older than 12/13yrs old! These kids are video game bullies!

We get this thread bumped for some absolute inane bollocks at times, and yet this morning he says something interesting and nothing...

He says he's back in full training today... good news!

We get this thread bumped for some absolute inane bollocks at times, and yet this morning he says something interesting and nothing...

Mmmm... He just says out on the training pitch. Might be another couple of weeks before he's back in full training.

Good to see some progress though and yes, this kind of tweet is why it's worth wading through the rest of the guff he usually posts.

The Telegraph claim Rio Ferdinand will attempt to return to full training this weekend "in order to banish fears over his fitness". The papers says Rio has trained in the Carrington gymnasium this weekend but now hopes to move outdoors with his team-mates.

That's bloody great news, an outside chance of making the Chelsea game maybe.

I believed it when I see him on the pitch for us. you just can't be sure when he return.

Well yeah, maybe I was a bit excitable in saying "full" training - but nonetheless, the fact that he says he's getting on the training pitch would suggest that he's going to be involved with some ball work and possibly even some contact. It's a step up from just gym work and you've got to feel that he'll play some part in the run in given this.

I read a week or two back that he'd been penciled in for the OT leg of the Chelsea game - this tweet would appear to corroborate that.

Yes I am back ready for the final push... let's push on + finish the season strong. Its all about winners medals... #winning #ilovethisgame

Get the feck in!

We're laughing now but we all know in 3-4 years time when he's called it a day he's going to be sliding about with some 5'3" Swedish lady wrapped around his waist to ABC by the Jackson 5...

He should definitely stop his long range shots.He went from a formidable and precise to a clumsy shot taker.That attempt he blew over the bar in the 2nd half was not that tough.
Other than that, a good performance

Played some superb balls today, he's definitely growing in stature at the club. Like a bulkier, poor man's Fletcher now.

Kicked out at a player and in all honesty couldve been sent off. Missed a glaring chance when it was 3-2, I though he was mediocre at best, Carrick was better

I would give him a 6 out of 10. Static at times as usual but didn't give ball away.

Yup. He was good today. Him and Carrick put further emphasis on that in the future Berba should be one the first names in the starting line up. No need for a three man midfield against West Ham.

Kicked out at a player and in all honesty couldve been sent off. Missed a glaring chance when it was 3-2, I though he was mediocre at best, Carrick was better

Your points aren't very valid when assessing a midfield performance, he was composed and controlled in his play. Kept us ticking over in a way he has rarely shown before.

If you are going to criticise him because he missed a shot your are criticising the wrong player, that is pretty much all Gibson has proved he can do.

Carrick was rubbish. Kept backing off so much every time the opposition got the ball. Did not take the responsibility of controlling things in the middle of the park. In fact, I think Gibson showed more willingness to get on the ball and try to spread it around.

completed 67 of 79 passes. Carrick was more influential in midfield but Gibson had a solid game.

Solid and mature performance today.
I saw something else. Both him and Carrick was slow on the ball and because of that we had problem of keeping midfield possession.

Gibson wasn't bad but not good enough. He must take his chances.

He had a good game. As good as I have come to expect from a central midfielder this season who isnt Scholes.

Played well today. but forgot his shooting boots. Must be relieved not to have been hauled of as we chased the game. For once he was part of a comeback. not the player replaced to begin one.

Judging a player depends on what you expect from him.If you expect too much from him then you'll be disappointed, by his usual standards it was a good match

Had a decent enough game, but really should have buried the chance he had in the second half.

He still has the annoying habit of not asking for the ball when in space and looking uninterested in it.