Darron Gibson - is he good enough for Everton?

Rio's tweets are boring purely on the basis that he posts in such huge quantities without ever saying anything remotely interesting.

"Hey, I'm listening to Usher. Safe."
"Ooh, I done a fart. LOL"
"Now I'm off to do the school run. Brap!"

:boring:

No doubt Michael Owen will somehow manage to say even less, whilst still keeping up the same levels of boredom/irritation in the casual reader.

Jesus I was only asking! It just didn't make sense to follow someone you find boring, if you dont then fine!

edit: that was to TBP, fecking crappy phone signal.

I just don't get the stream of criticism of it of late, if you don't want to read it then don't read it, and if you don't read it why would it bother you?

He does post tweets on Football though. He does Q & A sessions fairly reguarly (I dont follow him religously, just every now and then) so i'm not sure what more you can ask. Theres only so many times you can answer "Who do you think is the best player ever?" etc.

That's not really true. For instance, there are several economics and political commentators who's accounts have made good reading today, or during the Libyan attacks. There's loads of other examples as well.

The problem with Rio is simply that he is restricted by United as to what he can write - he could no doubt divulge fascinating info from the heart of the club everyday but is stopped from doing so. I've still found the occasional tweet of his interesting or useful though.

I doubt that an economic and a political commentator can be interesting on a day to day basis. Mostly because what they say to begin with is pretty uninteresting to begin with.

Maybe it's different for you but in my climate, hearing someone talk about politics or economics turns on your gag reflex because it's just more of the same old shit.

Browsing this thread gives the impression that quite a few of you are miserable mofo's.... Which is probably the case to be fair...

I doubt that an economic and a political commentator can be interesting on a day to day basis. Mostly because what they say to begin with is pretty uninteresting to begin with.

Maybe it's different for you but in my climate, hearing someone talk about politics or economics turns on your gag reflex because it's just more of the same old shit.

Not really and it was just a topical example of the fact that one of twitter's strengths is that it often gives people a way of sharing honest opinions unrestrained by editorial control.

Not really and it was just a topical example of the fact that one of twitter's strengths is that it often gives people a way of sharing honest opinions unrestrained by editorial control.

Yea but my point was more toward the argument that people aren't interesting on a day to day basis. It might me honest but it's mostly routinely things that all people go through.
Oh yes, and it was also aimed more at celebrities, athletes and those sorts.

Yea but my point was more toward the argument that people aren't interesting on a day to day basis. It might me honest but it's mostly routinely things that all people go through.
Oh yes, and it was also aimed more at celebrities, athletes and those sorts.

You've obviously not read Arshavins tweets!

It is nice to have another man like Jens back in the team but I am enjoying not seeing him walk around naked from waist down this week..

RE: The Anti-Glazer Bit.

No wonder he isn't given a new contract.... that MUST be it...:smirk:

I do think it's funny how he posts like a child at times but it's not a big deal really. Must be great for a dressing room to have someone that light hearted and easy going.

I understand that he doesn't want to 'shoot himself in the foot' but not a word over the captaincy issue - he often says he "tells it like it is", which is frankly bollocks. Let us know your opinion on the issue, not what you're eating for dinner!!

Not that he cares (or should) but his Tweets are inane and self-promoting - hoped for a bit more from him......although not sure why.

I understand that he doesn't want to 'shoot himself in the foot' but not a word over the captaincy issue - he often says he "tells it like it is", which is frankly bollocks. Let us know your opinion on the issue, not what you're eating for dinner!!

Not that he cares (or should) but his Tweets are inane and self-promoting - hoped for a bit more from him......although not sure why.

Erm, he's using Social Networking for its primary reason.

Also he hasn't even spoken to Capello over it, so why would he tweet it?

I don't expect to read philosophical passages etc, just something interesting. It's obviously a self-preservation 'thing' - he doesn't want to get in trouble and I assume he wants to play for England again, do he won't say anything bad about Capello. But he's just lost the captaincy, he's not been told by Capello, so he must be truly pissed - I'd love to hear why he had to say about it.....as j said before, he often claims he "tells it like it is" - I'd just like him to stick to his word.

Again, if that's not what he wants to do, fair enough - It's just not for me....I gave my opinion on it and that's that.

I understand what you're saying but you only have to look at Ryan Babel and what happened when he posted regarding the referee in the FA Cup defeat against us to see how these things are monitored.

I don't think Rio has sold out or bottled it, but perhaps he wants to speak to Capello before he starts shouting his mouth off. I am sure he will give an opinion in due course.

I don't expect to read philosophical passages etc, just something interesting. It's obviously a self-preservation 'thing' - he doesn't want to get in trouble and I assume he wants to play for England again, do he won't say anything bad about Capello. But he's just lost the captaincy, he's not been told by Capello, so he must be truly pissed - I'd love to hear why he had to say about it.....as j said before, he often claims he "tells it like it is" - I'd just like him to stick to his word.

Again, if that's not what he wants to do, fair enough - It's just not for me....I gave my opinion on it and that's that.

At the end of the day, he is a professional footballer. Some people clearly prefer to communicate through the media, others would rather do things the professional way and speak directly with the person concerned first.

I understand what you're saying but you only have to look at Ryan Babel and what happened when he posted regarding the referee in the FA Cup defeat against us to see how these things are monitored.

I don't think Rio has sold out or bottled it, but perhaps he wants to speak to Capello before he starts shouting his mouth off. I am sure he will give an opinion in due course.

Babel's issue (like Fergie's) was disputing the fairness of the referee, albeit in a humurous way. I don't think Rio would be disciplined - although Capello could refuse to pick him I guess.

I completely understand why he's stayed silent but he's entitled to voice his opinion. I'd much prefer it if more did.....for selfish reasons.

At the end of the day, he is a professional footballer. Some people clearly prefer to communicate through the media, others would rather do things the professional way and speak directly with the person concerned first.

Yeah you're right - Rio is so professional he'd never do anything remotely unprofessional.

Rio is doing the right thing there. If he said anything about it you can bet the media would make an absolutely massive deal about it, there would be constant talk of infighting and arguments in the dressing room, and all that talk and pressure would then cause problems.

What would your reaction be if Rio tweeted something about having a problem with Fergie's decision to hand the captaincy to Vidic? I bet you'd say he should've kept his mouth shut (or fingers off the keyboard in this case).

If he tweeted anything about it, it would simply be a 'I'm disappointed but understand the decision'. It's the only thing he could do without causing problems in the team.

So what's more embarrassing: Rio's tweets or those saying they don't follow him, they just, uh, read his tweets?

# Why do people talk s*** when your not there?? But when your there they smile and say 'Mate' every next word?? *frowning* 3 minutes ago via ÜberSocial

Talking about Big Man?

I find shit to be quite thrilling.

I think we all need toembrace this form of social networking. It certainly isnt going to go away and so lets accept that we have a player who uses this forum and move on.

Rio thinks he's cool and sad dweebs follow him.

He engineered his pay rise with a "chance meeting" with Mourinho in a London restaurant with his agent.