Darron Gibson - is he good enough for Everton?

"Loving it at United, deffo want to renew my contract and stay for the foreseeable future" is less than 140 characters.

Nani's tweet is a bit vague. Obviously, he doesn't have to say anything about a new contract but he could have just said "I will be playing at United next season" or something a bit more concrete.

Oh come on ffs!

Lets not start criticizing his tweets now.

At least he didn't say who knows the future or something.

Considering the level of Nani's English I think he did remarkably well to get "false reports" out...and he probably only managed that after sitting for an hour or two with his dictionaries.

Let's not moan...at least give him credit for bothering to tweet about it.

Exactly!

Most of his tweets seem like they're being written for him.

Well thats the thing, sometimes he'll write something like 'Thanking u for support during my injure" and then he'll come out with "Manchester United Vs Chelsea, Stamford Bridge 16:00" just seems a bit robotic.

Well thats the thing, sometimes he'll write something like 'Thanking u for support during my injure" and then he'll come out with "Manchester United Vs Chelsea, Stamford Bridge 16:00" just seems a bit robotic.

Well obviously his pr company keep it updated with stuff (like the Adidas video) but most of its clearly him.

With Nani's bad English I interpret this: "I want you to know that you will hear the truth from me. Love MU" as in "I want you to hear the truth from me, which is that I love Man Utd."

He seems happy and is probably the main player in one of the top5 teams in the world, he won't leave anytime soon.

:lol:

I'm with you on this one...Can't understand it myself, what the feck more do people want?

Forgot about this discussion from a couple of days ago.

In retrospect, Nani just says something about "false reports" - we assumed he was referring to the Inter Milan link. He might have been referring to some report in an obscure Malaysian newspaper that said that he collects panda skins or something.

In fairness, I thought all of this around the same time as Ronaldo was linked with a move away from the club. There's something arrogantly presumptious about a player saying, "I will be staying at United and I'll be here next season" isn't there?

Fergie might have different ideas and another club may have different ideas. It is not solely down to the player to decide.

I still think that something along the lines of "I don't want to leave United" isn't too controversial, it doesn't offend any would-be suitors, it doesn't presume that he will be offered a new contract but it does let United fans know that he remains loyal to the club.

And it's less than 140 characters.

screenshot20110319at171.png

"@stuholden good luck fella. Hope its not a serious injury+your back asap."

3 minutes later :

"Aaaaaand The Reds Go Marching on on on!"

What a fecking dick. Christ.

"@stuholden good luck fella. Hope its not a serious injury+your back asap."

3 minutes later :

"Aaaaaand The Reds Go Marching on on on!"

What a fecking dick. Christ.
How does that make him a dick? He gives well wishes to Holden, then expresses his joy about winning. feck me, it's like some people try to find everything little thing to bitch about.

For us who hoped Holden would not have been seriously injured, we were not allowed to celebrate that Berbatov goal according to Reapersoul20

If it was Obertan tweeting, posters would be going mental.

I don't mind but it does look kinda bad though, fans pay money to watch United play at OT and then see these guys sit and play with their phones instead of watching their team play while earning £10-£120 grand this week.

How does that make him a dick? He gives well wishes to Holden, then expresses his joy about winning. feck me, it's like some people try to find everything little thing to bitch about.

Yes, and you found a pretty innocuous post on an internet forum to bitch about you fecking dweeb.

Firstly, I think it's unprofessional and childish to be tweeting every ten minutes during a vital premiership match. Secondly, to tell a player how sorry you feel at his injury and give him well wishes and then immediately proceed to celebrate your victory makes you look like a dick by simple virtue of the fact that it was a completely meaningless, hollow gesture.

Not to mention the fact that he is clearly mentally handicapped, is incapable of spelling and, lest we forget, tried to screw the club over just as badly as Rooney did. He is a dick, and I stand by my opinion.