Darron Gibson - is he good enough for Everton?

But the bolded part is not true. He was rated higher than O'Shea and Pique and as highly as Fletcher when he was young. And Fletcher was rated very, very highly at 16.

See I'd disagree with that. Pique had a phenomenal reputation on the back of his performances for Spain in youth competitions and Fletcher was so highly rated Fergie wanted to challenge the FA rules to give him first team football when he was barely 16 years old. O'Shea was incredibly highly rated in Ireland as a teen and his first few appearances for United only raised his profile higher.

Gibson was thought of as an exciting young talent but didn't attract the same hype as those three. Not from what I can remember. I'd say his profile was very similar to that of, for example, Norwood or Brady.

But the bolded part is not true. He was rated higher than O'Shea and Pique and as highly as Fletcher when he was young. And Fletcher was rated very, very highly at 16.
O'Shea probably, but I certainly don't remember him being rated as highly as Pique and Fletcher. Those two along with Rossi and Evans were probably the highest rated kids since the class of 92.

See I'd disagree with that. Pique had a phenomenal reputation on the back of his performances for Spain in youth competitions and Fletcher was so highly rated Fergie wanted to challenge the FA rules to give him first team football when he was barely 16 years old. O'Shea was incredibly highly rated in Ireland as a teen and his first few appearances for United only raised his profile higher.

Gibson was thought of as an exciting young talent but didn't attract the same hype as those three. Not from what I can remember. I'd say his profile was very similar to that of, for example, Norwood or Brady.

Brady was rated very highly and had a host of top clubs after him.

A lad I know thats a youth team coach with St. Kevins (a liverpool fan) said when we signed him we'd just got the best player for his age in the country, never heard anything near that sort of praise for Gibson.......

He is actually pretty damn talented with the ball. He can pass and shoot and is capable of some beauty touches.

He just isn't a good enough athlete. His positioning isn't good enough to let his lack of speed/strength/workrate.

Carrick isn't the most pysical player but he makes up for it in other ways.

You don't think having more options would have caused Arsenal to have to stretch themselves and make our tactic of going long more effective?.
No, I don't. Trying to play through Arsenal would have forced us into a midfield battle we couldn't win, while exposing our back 4 needlessly. The game plan was to invite Arsenal on to us and hit them on the counter, rope a dope style. Trying to play through them by providing passing options in midfield wouldn't have invited them on to us.

Just because we're deliberately going long doesn't mean the midfielders shouldn't even bother giving our other players options. Instead, we were forced to aimlessly go long even when there were no players in a suitable position.
We weren't going long aimlessly. What was off was our long ball passing. Not our intention. Our midfielders weren't giving those options you sought simply because it wasn't part of the game plan at all. I don't see why you can't appreciate it.

I just remeber being blown away with Gibson's swagger in the reserves. Not sure how I can compare the others, because I suppose I was watching Gibson as a potential ROI player, and most of the positivity I still have for him is residual from then. He was imperious anytime I saw him play a reserve game, which makes it easier for me to understand his place in the team and SAF's patience with him.

I thought Gibson had a very good game yesterday and I've been harsh on him this season.

You see, I'm the opposite. I've never really criticised Gibson before but I thought he was very poor yesterday in the first half and alright, nothing special, in the second.

Gibson was largely overrun during the game, when he did get the ball which was rarely he did look competent, but he really was outplayed in midfield yesterday so I couldnt say he had a good game by any means

# @justinbieber + tweeps have I just become a Belieber?! Haha! The kid is a business - #fact about 19 hours ago via ÜberSocial

# I'm now following @justinbieber this kid is a PHENOMENOM..gotta respect his game..came in the music business+selling out WORLDWIDE! #success

Either he's been hacked by his children or he's a total tit-head.
I say we sell him... I can take our star striker shagging a prostitute behind his pregnant wife's back but this is totally unacceptable.

Also if you're going to spell words in all capitals it's probably best to spell it right :D

And I don't like when people keep calling everything everyone does his 'game'.

Rio seems to have mastered the art of reverse aging from Goggs.

Except it seems to be strictly mental rather than physical.

Bieber.. seriously?
and I thought he was captain material... good thing Vidic has it now.. imagine him playing bieber songs in the dressing room before matches :s

Yeah, that doesn't actually say what the truth is though, does it?

The truth might be that he wants to join Real, or a weird cult of the small-headed men, or both.

It's Nani English read between the lines;)

Nani-tweet.jpg

He is probably asking the fans not to believe anyone but him when it comes to stories about him, ie, the journos are arseholes and he is the only true ITK when it comes to naniverse

Why not just tweet the truth, then? "Loving it at United, deffo want to renew my contract and stay for the foreseeable future" kind of thing?:confused:

Are you serious or...? You only get to use 140 characters in a Tweet. Its barely 2 sentences.

He hasnt said he doesnt want a new contract, but he has said he loves Manchester United. Which pisses all over the idea that he's moving to Serie A of all places.

I'm sure he'd love a new contract as most of our players would.

Are you serious or...? You only get to use 140 characters in a Tweet. Its barely 2 sentences.

"Loving it at United, deffo want to renew my contract and stay for the foreseeable future" is less than 140 characters.

Nani's tweet is a bit vague. Obviously, he doesn't have to say anything about a new contract but he could have just said "I will be playing at United next season" or something a bit more concrete.

"Loving it at United, deffo want to renew my contract and stay for the foreseeable future" is less than 140 characters.

Nani's tweet is a bit vague.
He's just building up to the big moment tonight when he comes on and scores and lifts his shirt to reveal a new five-year contract tattooed on his chest.

I don't see what people are moaning about?

He has just said the reports linking him with leaving the club are false and he loves United.

What more can you ask for you little fecks

Nani's tweet is a bit vague. Obviously, he doesn't have to say anything about a new contract but he could have just said "I will be playing at United next season" or something a bit more concrete.

Pogue, come on. Are you for real? This is a bloke that can barely string a sentence together, bless him.

"Just back from good training before tomorrow's exciting match against Chelsea. We will count with your support. #Glory #Manutd".

Yeah, his English isnt the best. Besides the key thing in his tweet was that he said false reports. You might be right, you may be wrong, but i'm gonna go with the latter.

If Nani had said that he's staying at "MU next season", there'd be lots of people speculating and complaining that he's off after that. Of course I'm sure thats not what he hasnt said it. Probably didnt even cross his mind to add more information

He has just said the reports linking him with leaving the club are false and he loves United.

:lol:

I'm with you on this one...Can't understand it myself, what the feck more do people want?

Some of the comments on here make me lose faith in humanity :lol:

Soon you'll be saying that him claiming the reports are false isn't true due to his broken English leading him to think that false means true and that we therefore can't trust what he tweets. Ever.

Considering he is our best attacking player, I'd say he deserves it too.
Ronaldo got a new contract 18 months after signing one.. Nani will too, if he isnt already on ~100k
Considering what some shit players get paid, its understandable .. as long as he does it right and doesnt play it out in the public, its all good.

He isnt irreplaceable yet, but he is getting there

usual bunch of over sensitive kids. Not cut out for life itself, never mind supporting United.
Losing Cup finals is the time to spazz out, not a gossip piece by a bullshit artist.