Danny Welbeck

Told my mate to back him to score today .

Pity I didn’t take my own advice

I’m shocked he’s only just got to 100 career goals. Had his injury issues and never been prolific but that still feels astonishing when he’s in his 30s.

Crazy that 5% of this goals all come against United. It feels like a really high percentage against one club - though albeit probably actually isn’t.

If we ever were to re-sign him, he would revert to trying-to-chip-Neuer-vs-Bayern donkey mode, then spend the rest of his career injured.

Oh yes of course! I'm embarrassed I missed that, I am watching the game.

It should be our defence that is embarassed, not you mate. Same defence that fecking James Milner just ran behind and almost scored too.

He is a good striker who doesn't score a lot of goals. I don't understand how football fans still don't seem to accept that can be a thing.

As soon as that stat came up about him being on 99 goals you knew we were fecked.

Just going to take this moment to absolutely dab on that Lynk guy who used to argue with me non-stop about who would have the best career out of Welbeck, Sturridge and Balotelli

Just going to take this moment to absolutely dab on that Lynk guy who used to argue with me non-stop about who would have the best career out of Welbeck, Sturridge and Balotelli
Like arguing over the best shaped turd. We're not talking Aguero, Rooney and Suarez here. If we're talking peaks it was Sturridge handily. Welbeck is a "local lad" who gives it the big one whenever he plays us, feck him.

Like arguing over the best shaped turd. We're not talking Aguero, Rooney and Suarez here. If we're talking peaks it was Sturridge handily. Welbeck is a "local lad" who gives it the big one whenever he plays us, feck him.

and I'll say to you what I said to him.

There is more to being a footballer than just technique and selfishly hitting everything towards goal

and I'll say to you what I said to him.

There is more to being a footballer than just technique and selfishly hitting everything towards goal
Yeah and one of those things being a striker is being able to score goals. Welbecks best tally is 12. Another important thing is to not having exploding knees and being crocked for half the season.

He was never good enough, like I said, if he played everyone else with the conviction he plays us he'd be generational. Other than that feck him and his smug celebrations.

Yeah and one of those things being a striker is being able to score goals. Welbecks best tally is 12. Another important thing is to not having exploding knees and being crocked for half the season.

He was never good enough, like I said, if he played everyone else with the conviction he plays us he'd be generational. Other than that feck him and his smug celebrations.

Hmmm :confused:

Its hilarious to me how these Sturridge apologists will carp on endlessly about how injuries ruined his career when Welbeck suffered 3 serious long term injuries that ruined his Arsenal career and he's still hanging in there - because he has more about him...

Balotelli did, no? Part of a few title-winning teams and scored twice for Italy to reach the Euro final in 2012.

Last edited:
only 100 goals and he is 33 years striker. That is an embarrassing stat.

Rashford passed 100 goals 3 years ago.

If we ever were to re-sign him, he would revert to trying-to-chip-Neuer-vs-Bayern donkey mode, then spend the rest of his career injured.
I’ve always wondered why that chip was often used against him as if it was a stupid thing to do. He didn’t do it well enough but the decision itself wasn’t the issue.

Local lad once again being absolutely useless when not playing United. Shock horror.

They have Pedro, welbeck, Ferguson and the 40m lad they just signed from Leeds. If they need upgrading what do you make of our striking options?

Forgot they signed Rutter. The only out-and-out striker there is Ferguson who is perpetually injured. Our options up top? Not so good, obviously. Not sure what the relevance is.