Daniel James | Officially Signs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow that’s really quite sad @Devil may care.

And FYI he isn’t 22, not for another 6 months. You can tell a desperate poster when they start to round up ages by half a year. Didn’t your YouTube videos outline this for you?

why would I tag a stalker? I know you are there buddy.

He'll be closer to 22 by the time the season starts but next time I will give his age to the exact minute to satisfy you chief!

You don't do what he did without the express intention of scoring points in an internet debate, like I said I could do it to him now if I wanted "revenge" but I'm not into such petty stuff.

Did you report any of the posts insulting me? My point is people report people that disagree with their POV, I have served a couple of bans for simply not sharing the group view on a player without ever uttering an insult, where as posters like ivaldo and Ramshock insult people all of the time and the mods just overlook it as they tow the company line. In this thread golden blunder is posting, so I see no need to snitch on posters insutling me, I'll trust if he sees something he thinks is over the mark he'll deal with it, otherwise I couldn't care less about a couple of people on a message board calling me names.

1. You are the one FRAMING IT AS A WIN/LOSS SITUATION. The mere fact that you cant see it any other way than that says a lot.

2. You like to refer to yourself a lot.

3. I didn't see anything overtly insulting towards yourself before you started calling people "saddo's" for agreeing with the content and style of roonsters post. The posts I reported were overtly insulting and came from someone who hadn't been involved in the discussion.

This thread is pathetic . . . . A new low for the Caf now to be honest.
When it's signed can the admins torch the place?

If only there was a thread that was kept specifically for petty arguments and the mods could kick 'em over there to bicker, so we could talk about actual transfer speculation.

why would I tag a stalker? I know you are there buddy.

He'll be closer to 22 by the time the season starts but next time I will give his age to the exact minute to satisfy you chief!
You really are in your own little world aren’t you?

Feck sake. Exact minute. :lol: You’re rounding up his age by half a year in a desperate attempt to make him seem older than he is. We all know what you’re doing. You’re really not very good at this, are you?

1. You are the one FRAMING IT AS A WIN/LOSS SITUATION. The mere fact that you cant see it any other way than that says a lot.

2. You like to refer to yourself a lot.

3. I didn't see anything overtly insulting towards yourself before you started calling people "saddo's" for agreeing with the content and style of roonsters post. The posts I reported were overtly insulting and came from someone who hadn't been involved in the discussion.

I'm not framing it as anything, I am calling it out for it's intent.

I am referring to myself because I'm "on trial" in here right now so who else am I going to refer to, I'm talking about my experiences on this board.

Fair enough, if you didn't think any of them insulting because they weren't as blunt or direct as the guy youi snitched on, that's your prerogative.

You really are in your own little world aren’t you?

Feck sake. Exact minute. :lol: You’re rounding up his age by half a year in a desperate attempt to make him seem older than he is. We all know what you’re doing. You’re really not very good at this, are you?

No, I'm just living in your world like everyone else.

He's not the best player in the league and Klopp has coached him up a storm, no argument there, everyone gets it wrong at times, I'm not trying to deny it, you can add Moura to the list, not a great player but one that has done more than Lingard and Martial who I defended against him at the time.

I'm not, my point is this is a 22 year old player with very little in his game and a waste of a transfer at a crucial time, my other point was that I think digging up posts is sad, both points stand, the latter is purely an opinion, the former will be judged right or wrong in time.

No, your point was to dig up a bunch of posts I made 5 years ago to try and make me look bad for my view on James, for some it was a roaring success, I mean in the case of Mane I wasn't judging him off videoes I watched him play plenty of full games as he was in the PL and like most I watch the several live games on BT/Sky most weekends, so I got him wrong with a lot more to go on.

You don't do what he did without the express intention of scoring points in an internet debate, like I said I could do it to him now if I wanted "revenge" but I'm not into such petty stuff.

Did you report any of the posts insulting me? My point is people report people that disagree with their POV, I have served a couple of bans for simply not sharing the group view on a player without ever uttering an insult, where as posters like ivaldo and Ramshock insult people all of the time and the mods just overlook it as they tow the company line. In this thread golden blunder is posting, so I see no need to snitch on posters insutling me, I'll trust if he sees something he thinks is over the mark he'll deal with it, otherwise I couldn't care less about a couple of people on a message board calling me names.
I feel you mate.
I thought it was creepy for the guy to go dig up your old posts on players from years back just to get one over you, everyone makes wrong opinions every now and then about players even the great sir Alex made a few.
Regarding James,he looks like a good prospect but relies too much on his pace from the little I have seen of him.he's kinda the opposite of martial though,so we'll see.

I'm not, my point is this is a 22 year old player with very little in his game and a waste of a transfer at a crucial time, my other point was that I think digging up posts is sad, both points stand, the latter is purely an opinion, the former will be judged right or wrong in time.

No, your point was to dig up a bunch of posts I made 5 years ago to try and make me look bad for my view on James, for some it was a roaring success, I mean in the case of Mane I wasn't judging him off videoes I watched him play plenty of full games as he was in the PL and like most I watch the several live games on BT/Sky most weekends, so I got him wrong with a lot more to go on.

Digging up posts is not sad. I didn't dig up posts for changing opinion on players, I did it to show how players are written off before the transfer and how they have been such a successful buys. You keep saying "I did't see anything" but somehow you didn't see anything in bunch of players I posted. You keep saying how few clips on youtube is enough, I disagree with that and find it laughable stance. You used Fred as example to showcase your skills, I posted few examples to prove otherwise.

I'm not worked up about his opinion, I think he's a troll that is allowed to remain because he says what the higher ups want to hear, I also don't need to tag my stalker as I know he's watching and already referenced me without a tag in this thread, so I am sure he'll see any reference made about him.

I called it saddo because they were patting you on the back for doing something I think is sad, and I am not taking any moral high ground, I have been insulted and I don't care, my point was I don't go running to the mods because I got called a nasty name or two, do we really need that?

Obviously you are worked up because bunch of guys didn't agree with your post. That's why you are calling them trolls, saddos and then end the post with "I don't care but"

This is a discussion board, you post something, someone will challenge you. It's not like someone is lying or twisted your posts. I have seen you mentioned you were called nasty names, at least I didn't and in this discussion I didn't see anyone did either. On the other hand, I have seen you insulting people for agreeing with other person.

If only there was a thread that was kept specifically for petty arguments and the mods could kick 'em over there to bicker, so we could talk about actual transfer speculation.
It’s so frustrating ! Every time I join a player thread to look for some developments I see posters at handbags over the most ridiculous stuff.

Probably a sign of the times I guess

How come this lad still not even signed? Surely it's not that hard of a transfer?

Okay lads enough now. Let's bring the thread back on track.

I feel you mate.
I thought it was creepy for the guy to go dig up your old posts on players from years back just to get one over you, everyone makes wrong opinions every now and then about players even the great sir Alex made a few.
Regarding James,he looks like a good prospect but relies too much on his pace from the little I have seen of him.he's kinda the opposite of martial though,so we'll see.

Cheers mate and fair play.

Digging up posts is not sad. I didn't dig up posts for changing opinion on players, I did it to show how players are written off before the transfer and how they have been such a successful buys. You keep saying "I did't see anything" but somehow you didn't see anything in bunch of players I posted. You keep saying how few clips on youtube is enough, I disagree with that and find it laughable stance. You used Fred as example to showcase your skills, I posted few examples to prove otherwise.

Obviously you are worked up because bunch of guys didn't agree with your post. That's why you are calling them trolls, saddos and then end the post with "I don't care but"

This is a discussion board, you post something, someone will challenge you. It's not like someone is lying or twisted your posts. I have seen you mentioned you were called nasty names, at least I didn't and in this discussion I didn't see anyone did either. On the other hand, I have seen you insulting people for agreeing with other person.

The digging up of posts is sad and I am clearly not the only one that thinks so, obviously there are others that agree with you, such is a forum. I'm not worked up, in fact I've spent to much time trying to reason with the unreasonable, at this point the thread is way off and I am a part of that blame, so I'll leave it there, I've made my points, we can agree to disagree on some, on others we'll see who was right and I am sure it will be pulled back up at the appropriate time if I am wrong. Calling someone a saddo for whooping it up because you did something I consider sad isn't an insult, and the troll is a troll IMO and has been for a long time. As for you not insulting me, fair play, despite not agreeing with your post rummaging stuff I'd agree that overall you were civil.

The digging up of posts is sad and I am clearly not the only one that thinks so, obviously there are others that agree with you, such is a forum. I'm not worked up, in fact I've spent to much time trying to reason with the unreasonable, at this point the thread is way off and I am a part of that blame, so I'll leave it there, I've made my points, we can agree to disagree on some, on others we'll see who was right and I am sure it will be pulled back up at the appropriate time if I am wrong. Calling someone a saddo for whooping it up because you did something I consider sad isn't an insult, and the troll is a troll IMO and has been for a long time. As for you not insulting me, fair play, despite not agreeing with your post rummaging stuff I'd agree that overall you were civil.

We both made our points and don't think we will come to agreement. So yeah lets agree to disagree and move on.

How come this lad still not even signed? Surely it's not that hard of a transfer?

Everything's a drama with us, other teams just get shit done. We take an age with transfers it seems.

With big name signings we do promo vids (Sanchez :rolleyes:) which takes loads of extra time but a kid from Swansea? Surely it should only take a few days from 'fee agreed', to personal terms, medical, contract singing and photos.?

It'll happen I think and it'll be announced soon. Then on to the next thread. See you there!.

Can we feckin finalise the deal already, or is fighting off Brighton and Leeds too taxing for our dealmakers?

@Devil may care gave his opinion on the player and it should be respected until proven otherwise. I find it abit petty that posts from half a decade ago have been posted because certain posters disagreed with the posters assessment of Dan James.

The player looks as if he's gonna sign for us. So let's be patient and see how he does before we spend more valuable time searching posts from yester years and derailing the thread further.

@Damien @golden_blunder

Back in Sir Alex time I remember our scout coming on the media saying that he personally scouted and gave Sir Alex recommendations to sign Massimo Taibi. The fee he suggested was so ridiculous that took Venezia's owner by surprise. In fact he went on the Italian media saying that he would have sold Taibi for half that fee. Anyway during his time as scout of the Serie A, this guy unearthed gems like Mickey Silvestre and Laurent Blanc. Then Sir Alex asked him to focus solely on the South American market were the guy in question had already suggested a certain Celio Silva to be signed. The genius gave the thumbs up to two other gems that would change Manchester United forever aka Kleberson and Forlan

That scout was Martin Ferguson whom I'm pretty sure he was hired because he was great in the job not because he was related to you know who. My point is that if even professionals can mess up (lets face it our scouts had been messing up for at least 6 years) then imagine what posters at redcafe can do. TBF from my experience in hiring people, judging people can be damn tough.People are volatile, moody and might not settle in a job. People whom you're absolutely certain they would mess up might step up and surprise you. Meanwhile those with the talent to make it and a history of having a great attitude elsewhere might suddenly down the tools and act as pricks.

Ultimately no one is an expert in here and people might follow the same player week in week out and come out with the same conclusion. Instead of laughing @Devil may care for getting it so wrong about Mane and co, we should be asking why our scouts, managers and owner has snubbed those players instead. They are the ones who should get things right not us.

Returning to James I have serious concerns about him making it with United. Having said that from what I've read in here he seem to have three characteristics which we lack (ie pace, decent crossing and workrate). I've seen many wingers in my lifetime who carved a great career for themselves despite not being world beaters.

Taking that in consideration + the fact that he's a young player whose coming on cheap then I am not too bothered of us signing him up.

Last edited:
Wow, the thread sure got derailed for a bit there.

On the player, I can't say I've seen anything of him other than the City game, where I thought he looked quite exciting albeit raw. Could be a smart bit of business and if it doesn't work out, no biggie.

Wow, the thread sure got derailed for a bit there.

On the player, I can't say I've seen anything of him other than the City game, where I thought he looked quite exciting albeit raw. Could be a smart bit of business and if it doesn't work out, no biggie.

I think we're buying based on potential here. It can succeed (Ronaldo, Nani, Sharpe etc) or it can backfire in a spectacular way (Bebe, Obertan etc). We also need to acknowledge that not every player is bought to become the next Cristiano Ronaldo. There were wingers who were valuable players despite not being able to dribble by half the defence. Blomqvist, Park and Di Livio to mention a few.

I think we're buying based on potential here. It can succeed (Ronaldo, Nani, Sharpe etc) or it can backfire in a spectacular way (Bebe, Obertan etc). We also need to acknowledge that not every player is bought to become the next Cristiano Ronaldo. There were wingers who were valuable players despite not being able to dribble by half the defence. Blomqvist, Park and Di Livio to mention a few.

Agreed, it is for the potential of the player to be sure.

Jesus, that's a throw back. Great player. Supposedly used to smoke like a chimney as well!

*Breaking News*

United are close to signing James

I'm expecting this again today.

As for the player, I like the look of the lad. He may not be Ronaldo but he is young, hungry and extraordinary quick. Good as an option and could be a squad player for the next 10 years. Let's see how he develops.

Ive only seen the two clips of him but that half pitch run and goal was exciting to watch. How many of our forwards could have done that. From what ive read he has a good attitude so I would like him to be on our books.

Agreed. Looks like it's on potential and also his pace. Posted Xavi's interview few days back when he said they were worried about Walcott's pace and Pep identified him as Arsenal's most threatening player.

Will be interesting to see how we use him, whether on right wing or left wing. If we are 1 or 2 goals up and opposition team pushes the team higher, this guy will be a nightmare to defend against. Hopefully he is more than just pace though.

Hopefully @Cascarino posts something on this player.

Reddit «ITK»s are saying it should be announced today around 10/11am though it could take a few days due to marketing.

Agreed. Looks like it's on potential and also his pace. Posted Xavi's interview few days back when he said they were worried about Walcott's pace and Pep identified him as Arsenal's most threatening player.

Will be interesting to see how we use him, whether on right wing or left wing. If we are 1 or 2 goals up and opposition team pushes the team higher, this guy will be a nightmare to defend against. Hopefully he is more than just pace though.

Hopefully @Cascarino posts something on this player.

We wouldn't know that until all signings are made and we have a clear picture of who will be at first team. Based on the players we've currently got I would use him as RW. Having such hardworking winger on the Right would allow us to release Martial on the left in the same way Sir Alex did when he played Park on the left to release Ronaldo on the right.

Having said that this plan would go tits up if we buy AWB. Wan Bissaka is a top defender so playing another hardworking winger on that same side would be overkill. If we get them both + lets say Pepe/Jadon then I'd say that Ole's plan is to have 2 attacking wingers (Pepe/Jadon & Martial) + 2 hardworking wingers as cover (Lingard & James). Ole has seen first hand, how important it is for teams to be able to have players with different characteristics who would allow teams to change their game completely in a matter of seconds. We won against Bayern because we had Teddy and him on the bench who offered a different style of football to what Cole and Yorke could offer.

No one wraps up deals 'quick' these days. Even some of the deals that have gone through have been pending for months in the background

Plus clubs know we're desperate

Liverpool got Fabinho deal done within couple hours after making an initial inquiry. And the point I was making that we need to initiate deals before the window begins and have them wrapped up at the start of the window.

If only there were condensed Youtube clips of Caf arguments then I wouldnt have to read all that nonsense. :p

Everybody is moaning we are too slow and this boy is scarily quick. He has something to prove so give him a chance. I am really coming round to the idea.

Back in Sir Alex time I remember our scout coming on the media saying that he personally scouted and gave Sir Alex recommendations to sign Massimo Taibi. The fee he suggested was so ridiculous that took Venezia's owner by surprise. In fact he went on the Italian media saying that he would have sold Taibi for half that fee. Anyway during his time as scout of the Serie A, this guy unearthed gems like Mickey Silvestre and Laurent Blanc. Then Sir Alex asked him to focus solely on the South American market were the guy in question had already suggested a certain Celio Silva to be signed. The genius gave the thumbs up to two other gems that would change Manchester United forever aka Kleberson and Forlan

That scout was Martin Ferguson whom I'm pretty sure he was hired because he was great in the job not because he was related to you know who. My point is that if even professionals can mess up (lets face it our scouts had been messing up for at least 6 years) then imagine what posters at redcafe can do. TBF from my experience in hiring people, judging people can be damn tough.People are volatile, moody and might not settle in a job. People whom you're absolutely certain they would mess up might step up and surprise you. Meanwhile those with the talent to make it and a history of having a great attitude elsewhere might suddenly down the tools and act as pricks.

Ultimately no one is an expert in here and people might follow the same player week in week out and come out with the same conclusion. Instead of laughing @Devil may care for getting it so wrong about Mane and co, we should be asking why our scouts, managers and owner has snubbed those players instead. They are the ones who should get things right not us.

Returning to James I have serious concerns about him making it with United. Having said that from what I've read in here he seem to have three characteristics which we lack (ie pace, decent crossing and workrate). I've seen many wingers in my lifetime who carved a great career for themselves despite not being world beaters.

Taking that in consideration + the fact that he's a young player whose coming on cheap then I am not too bothered of us signing him up.

This is so on point, it brings tears to my eyes. Thank you. And as an addition, SAF always used a thumb-of-rule when looking for raw talents - their past. He was looking for that inner desire to never go back to anything they had come from. He always talked about how many of the players he went on to sign, had come from tough upbringing, and that more often than not, that would be visible in their progression and development. But again, even he got it wrong from time to time; Beckham didn't come from a tough upbringing, but still had a work rate and loyalty like very few. Valencia though came from picking up bottles and scrap in Ecuador as a kid - the man has been a workhorse and machine. But then there's Lukaku with the tough and poor childhood in Belgium - but he's doesn't have half of Valencia or Beckham's work rate and desire.

Anyhow, I totally agree with deviish, and even the masters of the game get it wrong. Daniel James could be a brilliant signing or a standard one - the difference is, he's not costing us a fortune and the expectations aren't giving him unfair pressure. Superstars can either be good signings or horrible ones - it all depends on the price and expectations.

Status
Not open for further replies.