5.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing went right for him tonight. He has basically shown himself to be a limited player. Need to buy another CB now!

Worst individual performance this season. Shocking and in the game where he was needed most.

thank god ighalo couldn't score in a brothel right now. that was an awful performance

As bad as a match as he had (and it was the worst ive ever seen him have for us), it boggles the mind that he wasnt subbed cos he looked mentally done. I know people will say we dont have options, but surely putting Rojo next to TFM would have been better (it couldnt have been worse) and then somebody like Riley LB or just push out Blind LB for a while (or just bring on McNair).

We got away with it through luck.

Could well be burnout. He has barely had any rest this season, the only game he's missed might be Everton if my memory serves me correctly. If Smalling comes back, it might be time to go for a period of games with him and either TFM or Rojo in the center of defense for a while.

I've never seen him feck up so much, so often. Looked tired to be honest but he has been splendid recently so I can forgive him one bad performance, if he's like that on Sunday however...

What the feck was he thinking raising his leg in the box and nearly conceding a moronic penalty? He didn't stand a chance of reaching the ball. It really pissed me off.

A combination of tiredness (mental and physical, he's had nothing resembling a break this year), being the senior centre back for the first time and Deeney and Ighalo being possibly the toughest partnership in the league for a centre back to face in many ways.

But the lad had an absolute howler. I don't think he found a red shirt with a single pass and it was a credit to Fosu-Mensah that he covered for so much shite out there. As soon as Smalling gets back, Blind needs a couple of weeks off. Would love to see TFM get a match or two alongside Mike.

The worst individual performance by a United player this season. Tried to lose us that single handedly. Drop him when Smalling returns and partner Smalling with Fosu.

Need a rest most probably. Tired performance. Just need to get refreshed/bench treatment like Wazza, Mata before.

Never seen Blind so sloppy with his passing. Terrible today, but to be fair, before today he had been pretty consistent all season. Needs Smalling back next to him I think to mop up beside him so it isn't Blind doing the mopping up.

At a certain point it did become pretty funny/comical just how badly things were going for him... so that was somewhat entertaining at least.

Last edited:
It was just one of those games where nothing was working - I remember Scholes' having one a few years back, against Fulham I believe.

I wouldn't read too much into it. Blind is a very solid player who just occasionally has these moments (like that bizarre incident earlier this year where he contrived to fire the ball into his own net - thankfully play had been whistled dead, if I remember correctly.) I'm not totally sold on Blind as a long-term answer at CB, but tonight isn't the game to base that decision on. It was just a howler from him (I actually saw the second half; was the first as bad?)

I am just going to write that off as tiredness.. Even smalling before he got injured, had similar games.

Needs a few games off.

It was just one of those games where nothing was working - I remember Scholes' having one a few years back, against Fulham I believe.

I wouldn't read too much into it. Blind is a very solid player who just occasionally has these moments (like that bizarre incident earlier this year where he contrived to fire the ball into his own net - thankfully play had been whistled dead, if I remember correctly.) I'm not totally sold on Blind as a long-term answer at CB, but tonight isn't the game to base that decision on. It was just a howler from him (I actually saw the second half; was the first as bad?)

Incredibly, it was about 10 times worse.

Incredibly, it was about 10 times worse.
My God, that's saying something! It was one of those where even when he made a seemingly sensible decision, the ball would bounce back off the ref or a teammate. He could probably use a rest; sadly can't see that being possible.

TBH, Im not even angry,we won. I just had a good laugh.. :lol: he was consistently decent for us dthis season and played a lot, just needs rest. Hopefully Mike's back soon and we can play TFM next to him:-)

He was terrible tonight, but that can happen to all players and we got away with it anyway. He's mostly been pretty good during his time at Utd and he has that incredibly rare skill for Utd players of not being injured all the fecking time.

So I wouldn't be too harsh on him.

Huh?? He can have this one as a freebie as he's been very decent and consistent for us but he needs to get his A game on at the weekend. Watford pressed very high and had great organisation which did make it difficult for him to progress the play and we couldn't get out, I think he just froze up made a couple of bad passes and he went shaky from there. Not going to use it as a stick to say we need a proper cb blah blah because the problem was primarily with his passing.

Typically, he's been pretty much faultless and one of our best players since I spent ages slagging him off. Even against Sunderland I thought he was one of very few who were decent.

Wish he'd stop panicking and punting the ball to no one when we're holding on late in games though. He's not the only culprit, but it makes no sense as other times he'll insist on faffing around with the ball when he's being pressured, so it's not like he lacks composure. He just seems to lose his nerve a bit. And again that makes no sense when you remember the times last season that he'd crop up in the last minute of games to cooly slot in an equaliser looking like the calmest man on the planet.

This is THE last time I praise a United player before a game.

:lol:

That's all you've got to say about that horror show?!
Haha.

I don't think you can say much more really. You can't legislate for a performance like that with any kind of logic or pretending to know about things. Sometimes players just use a game to have some kind of mental breakdown I guess.

Either that or he's on drugs.

In fairness, some stinkers aside, he's been incredibly consistent this year. 41 games played though, feck :eek:

Absolute Worst performance in Utd shirt since Fellaini vs Newcastle, and easily the 2nd worst individual performance by utd player this season and even in post Ferguson years

When you are using the same eleven for 4 games in a row in a space of 10 days its normal that most of them will be tired, like Blind and Herrera. I dont think that Blind is a great cb just a stop gap, he is too slow and weak for the role. But his level for sure its not giving gerrardesque pass to Ighalo.

Think he's going to be with us a long time y'know, I really like him as a player I just wish he'd been allowed a role in CM at some point this year. He and Mata have done very well so far regarding injuries.

Nothing went right for him tonight. He has basically shown himself to be a limited player. Need to buy another CB now!

Kneejerk reaction after a bad game. Limited how? He's been one of our most dependable players this season, and he's one of the team's best passers

He's not a CB. We need a new CB to play alongside Smalling. Blind could cover at CB if needed but he should be played in DM.

He's not a CB. We need a new CB to play alongside Smalling. Blind could cover at CB if needed but he should be played in DM.

Christ, how long have you been waiting to jump down his throat?

One bad game, after a season of pretty great performances, and the knives are out from some.

Christ, how long have you been waiting to jump down his throat?

One bad game, after a season of pretty great performances, and the knives are out from some.
So you'd be happy having Blind at CB facing Messi-Neymar-Suarez, Costa-Lewandowski-Robben, Ronaldo-Benzema-Bale? So you don't think United need a new CB?

So you'd be happy having Blind at CB facing Messi-Neymar-Suarez, Costa-Lewandowski-Robben, Ronaldo-Benzema-Bale? So you don't think United need a new CB?

90% of world s defenders would struggle against them though. I doubt even smalling could handle any of them very well.

Because all those players have defenders better than blind in their back line? Our best defender is smalling. Blind compliments smallings skill set. I'd be happy with those 2 as our best pairing. Are you saying smalling plus x would be far better if so who is the realistic signing?

90% of world s defenders would struggle against them though. I doubt even smalling could handle any of them very well.
Fair enough but id be a lot more confident with Smalling dealing with them than Blind. Blind is a very good player and id want him played more as a CDM but he is too small and slow to be a CB imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.