5.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
His brain did a good job of marking his body.

Totally missing for the goal. Rest of the defence + Carrick shocking too to be fair.

Good squad player, not good enough to be starting at centre back. Abysmal defending for the goal.

He does this so many fecking times I have no fecking idea how anyone rates him there. What the feck was he doing? feck off.

See, it's not for performances like Watford that makes me think he's not a CB... that's just a one of shithouse of a game and can happen to anyone... it's for ridiculous defensive decisions in the build up to their goal that makes me think he's not a CB.

I'm still trying to work out why the feck he ran next to Smalling and left his man free.

I'm still trying to work out why the feck he ran next to Smalling and left his man free.

He does it every fecking game. In the game against the midgets at OT he randomly went in the opposition direction of the ball for no apparent reason.

That was such a stupid set piece. Why didn't Blind let it off for Depay to go in? His set pieces are pretty bad.

Not good enough at the end of the day. May be a good squad player eventually but should not be a starter.

In the last two games he has faced sides who play with two up so he has had to play more like a traditional centre half and he has been totally out of his depth.

Should have been rested after his nightmare against Watford. Another obvious decision Van Gaal failed to make.

This supposed intelligence that he's supposed to have. Where is it?

I've been defending him for it, but recently he's been flat out retarded. In the build-up to the goal, he goes through the back of a West Brom player, pleads his innocence to the ref and then stops playing instead of going for the ball, as if the ref had blown the whistle. What's the point of pleading innocent if you're going to act guilty? And then his acting for the goal itself was absolutely pathetic. If he's our starting CB next season we're in big trouble.

He's a great player to have in the squad. He's not great to have as first choice.

having the vision to see the movement of a player and ability to accurately pass it to him from about 30 yards away? That's not something a lot can do.

you are mixing apples with oranges......vision is one thing, passing is different thing and football brain/intelligence is third thing. Look at Coutinho for example, has first two in abundance but lacks intelligence.

Where the hell is he going? What is he trying to do?

Blind has done some weird defending at times this season, but that tops the lot.

Not his fault. Who else are we going to play as CB ffs?

He's a useful squad player but he's no CB but right now we arent exactly rich on defensive options.

Blind has done some weird defending at times this season, but that tops the lot.

It's that moment when he suddenly stops, and must think, "Oh, wait, I'm meant to stay with the opposition's dangerous attacking threat in the penalty area.":lol:

He's a useful squad player but he's no CB but right now we arent exactly rich on defensive options.

No it's not his fault that he's playing CB. But come on man explain what he is doing for the goal?

Poor again today, I've never thought he was the solution at CB long term however I think right now he's shattered, he's had no rest at all, we saw today how sharp Smalling looked after getting a few games off.

This is the same fecking bullshit as against Chelsea - probably thought he could intercept the ball and left Rondon all alone in the box. He's slow, his positioning is fecking dreadful and his passing is massively overrated. Did nothing but faff around with the ball only to hoof it to no one time and time....and time again.

That's on LVG for not buying one in either the summer or January though.

Considering we started the season with 2 Centre Backs (Phil Jones absolutely does not count) - and they two were both on the field today... so yeah...

It's been a long season for him, he's been ran to the ground, no wonder he's producing these kind of performances. I would use him less from now on and play him in the EL on important matches and play TFM in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.