5.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
At this moment in time, I'd like to see him in midfield again. His passing is far more creative than BFS right now. But Rojo and Shaw :(
He'd need to be partnered with someone like Schneiderlin, although mentally and tactically he's one of the best around he just doesn't have the physical attributes to anchor on his own, I don't think the cafe would accept that partnership and remain in good health.

It shouldn't be forgotten as well that stepping up from CB gives him more space to pick these passes and I don't think is something we want to lose. What we need is for the attackers to make better use of it. We've got a problem in that only Martial can beat a player from a standing start it seems.

Seriously don't get what people see in him. Plays the occasional good pass, but for every one good pass, there'll be five or six occasions where he roams really slowly up the pitch with the ball then plays a hospital pass to someone, or just passes the ball straight to an opposition forward.

For every bit of good defending he does, there'll be several moments of running hopelessly out of position, being beaten with ease, or running over to deal with a simple situation and then missing the ball and falling over.

He causes more problems for his own team than he does the opposition. Not that Jones has been brilliant either, but that's no reason for me to pretend someone else is doing well.

He's only an asset with his passing from defence, where he has time. And even then, he's not the passing maestro some make out.
From midfield, his passing is nothing special.

Man Utd 2:1 Swansea
Don't know why but he pisses me off no end on the left back position. He's just way way to slow to be played there.

He struggled today, as a CB and LB. Needs to get back to his best soon. He might need a break but with Shaw out this might not happening

I thought he had a mixed bag of a game, some decent moments on the ball but struggled with the run one more than one occasion.

Terrible today, in fact I'd argue bar the first month of the season he has been crap all season. Needs to really improve.

Man Utd 1:0 Sheffield Utd
Didn't have a lot to do defensively today but hit some nice passes into the forwards, hopefully his hammy is ok.

Honestly at times hes the only one with balls to be able to play those type of forward passes. Unless he gets injured, he should be starting every match as CB until end of the season with Smalling. Theres no point breaking up that defensive pair.

I do like at times how he comes out with the ball and becomes an extra midfielder. Hes not the quickest and can sometimes get caught out, but id rather he do that tbh.

He is a great passer. Not only for a defender, but some of his long-range passes are so good that regular central midfielders would be proud of them.

For all of his supposed defensive frailties, having him play it out from the back rather than pump it into the channels is so much better than having somebody like Jones who, supposedly, is more defensively sound.

I like the fact that he can pass with purpose

I don't like the fact that most of his good defensive moments come from his own crap defensive moments.

Great squad player, great buy but we need better in the starting 11.

Shows great bits like stepping in and intercepting the ball then bad parts by his lack of domination in their goal.

Shows great bits like stepping in and intercepting the ball then bad parts by his lack of domination in their goal.
That's all fellaini. He's actually nodded it down to their striker.

My arse a proper centre half would have cleared the area. Blind was a shrinking violet going for that!
Eh? He's back peddling and gets a call from Fellaini, should he go for it anyway just to be macho?

60 minutes iun and I thought he was having a decent game, but when Newcastle piled the pressure on he really struggled.

60 minutes iun and I thought he was having a decent game, but when Newcastle piled the pressure on he really struggled.

Because (paging LVG) he's NOT a defender!!

Once again, the only decent defending I saw him do all game was as a result of his own initial piss poor defending...

Because (paging LVG) he's NOT a defender!!

Once again, the only decent defending I saw him do all game was as a result of his own initial piss poor defending...

Aye, he's fine when he's not under a lot of pressure because he's good on the ball and is genuinely quite good at passing it out from the back, but he's not so good when he's under pressure or against anyone who's remotely physical imposing because it's not really his actual position. I thought he was okayish tonight though.

He ain't a defender and I think we're in part negative to protect him. Put a strong defender by smalling and we'll see less bullying and we'll also see less of fellaini having to come back in the box. He does a few nice things but it's all to compensate. Oh his passings nice? He didn't take his chance when he was in central midfield. Let's bring Vidic back and just park the old git in the box and he'll clear more balls then Blind will in a season.

He was bossing in Ajax as a midfielder, he would probably do a required job if he was playing instead of big Fella today.

Aye, he's fine when he's not under a lot of pressure because he's good on the ball and is genuinely quite good at passing it out from the back, but he's not so good when he's under pressure or against anyone who's remotely physical imposing because it's not really his actual position. I thought he was okayish tonight though.

It would literally be like Fergie playing Carrick there consistently as a starter when he was 25. He'd pass the ball very nicely from the back sure, and he'd probably look pretty decent in a lot of games, 'cos he's a very good footballer... but he would still be playing him out of position, and it wouldn't make Carrick a very good centre-back, 'cos he too would struggled when tasked with doing actual defending at the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.