5.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Playing firmino onside was a shocker although I dont know what the defense was doing with a line quite that high in the circumstance - Blind was coming across and toward our goal to cut out a cross, still should've stepped by quicker.

The more he plays at centre back the more the issues with his strength and height seem exaggerated, he rarely gets shoved off the ball or beaten in the air, yes it happens but it does for every defender.

That's only because he challenges for headers and phyical battles less than pretty much our any other player.

He's a quality footballer. As much as Smalling makes up for his lack of physicality, he makes up for the lack of technical quality in our entire back 4. Calm as feck.

What on earth was he doing in the first half? He was so far over the wrong side of the pitch that at times he was on the wrong side of Smalling!

Darmian kept having to come over into the centreback position because Blind had completely disappeared, and then two or three times Liverpool got in for a shot on goal as a result. It was so stupid I was actually annoyed at all of our players because it took about 30 minutes for someone to get hold of him and tell him to stop being such a fecking idiot. Why would you put up with your team mate trying to cost you the game for this long?

What people see in his performances to think he's anything other than a liability at centreback I just can't get my head around. His positioning in every game is just so bad. He's either standing in the wrong place looking like he's day dreaming, or just goes chasing shadows. He's going to pull this shite one day when we're struggling against someone good, and we'll get spanked by four or five as a result.

I thought he had an interesting game. He defended quite well (except for one or two errors) and his passing was good and bad. The short, fast balls into midfield looked good, whereas the long ball to Rooney was often cut out by Toure. He was decent though.

That's only because he challenges for headers and phyical battles less than pretty much our any other player.

He plays a lot like an old-fashioned sweeper in that sense. That shouldn't really be seen as a criticism given Smalling's shown he can handle being the stopper/man-marker against what tends to be just one striker.

Man Utd 0:1 Southampton
Worst Performance of the season so far. He gave the ball away needlessly so many times, was in poor positions a lot and our worst player today for me. It's clear when Blind has an off game and when Carrick doesn't play, United will struggle to get the ball forward.

Imagine the reactions if Smalling's distribution was that bad. 14 long balls today, just 3 successful.

His passing was terrible but conversely won everything in the air today. It was the reserve Blind.

He started off with a couple of nice passes that cut through the lines, but he regressed as the game went on.

His passing was so bad, it was kinda comical... defintiely one of those days for Blind.

I don't mind it from him so much... everyone has off days every so often, and his passing is usually the last thing you can criticise him for (i'll happily take him to task for his defending mind you) ... everyone else though has less of an excuse as to why our passing was completely dire.

His worst game for us, but tbf to him, he was at least showing for the ball and still trying even that late terrible free kick he was the only one to go to take it (though I really think DDG should have taken it and he should have been on the edge of the box).

He's been our worst player this season. I really can't figure out what people watch to come to any other conclusion than this.

There's this mythical idea that he's so good at passing it makes us better at playing out from the back, but when you actually pay attention to him, his passing is erratic at best and FAR too slow to be in any way effective. 90% of his passes are either ppointless or hospital balls. When peope have whined about our style of play this season, they basically describe what Blind does, but then at the same time praise Blind for doing it?

Him, Fellaini, Darmian and Lingard could go play for Sunderland and end up being the reason why they get relegated, rather than the reason why they don't. They all offer less to the team than any average mid table PL player would. Yet we put all four of them in expecting to still be able to play well.

We need to widen and lengthen the pitch for Blind. Blinds not the problem, the pitch is.....;)Wasn't the only one but you have to have something inside you that rebels against that kind of thing. It's not good enough for a professional to say, it's just not my day. Especially when there's no major pressure on you, you can look in front of you and see people coming towards you. Needs to improve big time.

The sooner we buy a centre half and we no longer see him playing there the better. He's a fine holding midfield player but a defender he really is not.

He's been our worst player this season. I really can't figure out what people watch to come to any other conclusion than this.

There's this mythical idea that he's so good at passing it makes us better at playing out from the back, but when you actually pay attention to him, his passing is erratic at best and FAR too slow to be in any way effective. 90% of his passes are either ppointless or hospital balls. When peope have whined about our style of play this season, they basically describe what Blind does, but then at the same time praise Blind for doing it?

Him, Fellaini, Darmian and Lingard could go play for Sunderland and end up being the reason why they get relegated, rather than the reason why they don't. They all offer less to the team than any average mid table PL player would. Yet we put all four of them in expecting to still be able to play well.

We must be watching a different Daley Blind to you.

Really noodle?

The sooner we buy a top CB to pair with Smalling the better, so we can give him some games at CDM.

How anyone can question his passing is beyond me.

He has the technical ability to pass well, but once every other game he seems to make an absolute brainfart pass straight to the opposition in our own half.

Passes well from defence.
But as a midfielder, he usually wants too much time on the ball to pass progressively.

Hope he's nowhere near the midfield as a starter in the future. Good solid squad player.

The problem with his bad passing is that he's actually trying to force things, which is mostly good because if he was to play it safe from his position, you would see a Carrick performance (not the good type).

He's a very good passer of the ball to feet but he's trying to thread a needle too much because the rest of the team are sh|t.

The problem with his bad passing is that he's actually trying to force things, which is mostly good because if he was to play it safe from his position, you would see a Carrick performance (not the good type).

He's a very good passer of the ball to feet but he's trying to thread a needle too much because the rest of the team are sh|t.

Hes trying to thread a needle because hes noone to pass too. There is Schneiderlin and thats it. Herrera is usually found too far forward, and Fellaini is usually just running around aimlessly. Blind is left with a pass to Schneiderlin who is almost always under pressure and cant do anything but pass it back, or sideways.

No coincidence people have started complaining about his passing since BFS and Carrick have been out. There is not enough linkup between defence and midfield.

He's done alright but a lot of those youtube vids are hype for me. Some people have forgotten what a great player looks like.

He has the technical ability to pass well, but once every other game he seems to make an absolute brainfart pass straight to the opposition in our own half.
As @11101 eluded to he's trying to force play with minimal options, when fellaini is in midfield he is never an out ball for the defenders, it's either square it yet again, try to find Schneiderlin on his own in midfield or try to force play himself by finding a difficult ball.

Derby 1:3 Man Utd
Has been superb in this second half so far. And deserves that goal. Such an intelligent player and probably our most reliable too.

Aye distribution has been excellent, fantastic finish and his positioning for that Derby chance was superb.

I love him. He's our new Michael Carrick. Not in terms of position and style but as a player the fans take a few years to warm to and appreciate.

Our best passer of the ball and a clinical finisher!

Heartbreaking to see him playing in defense. He could do so much good during Bastian's absence.

He's got probably the best kicking technique in the squad, real asset.

Heartbreaking to see him playing in defense. He could do so much good during Bastian's absence.

Disagree, he doesn't have the discipline or awareness to play the holding role in midfield. And on top of that, we don't have anyone else to play at CB instead of him at the moment.

Disagree, he doesn't have the discipline or awareness to play the holding role in midfield. And on top of that, we don't have anyone else to play at CB instead of him at the moment.
Hardly his fault that LvG didn't provide with enough options during the summer and the simple fact that he's not a nominal defender. At this point even Jones could do Fellaini's work at midfield.

Blind's would be a both better distributor and defensive midfielder plus he actually isn't afraid to shoot from distance which is almost non-existent thing these days.

Superb performance. Glad to see his form return. Second best player on the pitch

Status
Not open for further replies.