Selhurst Park

Kick-off
Sat, 21 September 2024 @ 5:30pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Eriksen scored 2 goals from the midfield and played one of his best games for us. He was always going to start.
    Rashford scored 2 goals and played one of his best games for us in 18 months . He was always going to start .

So, what do you guys think of the line-up, mainly the midfield?

I don't want to be negative while we're on a decent run, but not starting Rashford feels like a man management misstep today.

I spent much of last season and the early part of this, calling for him to be dropped - but he's always been a streaky performer and when he's on a roll he should be left to it. His runs of confidence always feel fragile and if he goes back into his shell now it will be very frustrating after watching the freedom he played with on Tuesday.

Hopefully he comes on after 60 minutes and bags a brace to make me look like a dick.

I’ve put a few bets on today and most of them revolve around rashford ffs.
    Same. Why drop him when he's finally hitting form

Thing is he'll come on so the bets will run

Unsure about Eriksen, he's either gonna show us he truly has been resurrected or he's gonna get dragged off at half time and require oxygen.

Why is Redknapp implying that Rashford has been out on the lash too much? Did I miss something?

In the presser (yesterday?) ten Hag was asked if he believed Rashford had learned from last seasons experiences (Belfast). He said;

"I think he always knew. Every player knows, when your lifestyle is not right you can't perform in the league we have to perform in, you don't get the right levels if you don't have a good and disciplined life away from Carrington."

"He needed some help, by backing him, for instance. But he has to do it himself, at the end of the day. He has to set his life right, his training attitude right, he has to set his match attitude right. When he sets his professionalism he will perform because he's a class player."

Nice to see some strength on the bench, especially players who can change a game.

Well, I expected Casemiro to start so this is surprising.

Still think Utd should be winning this.

Fecking Start preying . My mates on a treble needs Utd . And he doesn't back small so I'm hoping for him as well as me.
    Good Start needed no sloppiness please .

So we picked a more robust midfield for the home Carling Cup game than the tricky away fixture?

Makes sense.

EtH making it difficult with that midfield imo. Why does he love to shoot himself in the foot so much?

Just...... I'm flabbergasted. Why on earth start Erikson. ETH made the right call by resting Ugarte midweek, so we could have some legs in midfield at the ground where just a few months ago we were ran ragged. But what does he do?

He starts the old man next to not-exactly-full-of-running Kobbie,. Why? Because he played well against some farmers?

It just..... It boggles the mind.

And yes, please call me whatever name you want if he goes on to play well. I still think its a bonkers decision, even if he scores a hattrick.

Typical ETH, it's going to take about 2 months to slowly bleed Ugarte in. Endless reasons - low fitness, new league, new team mates etc.

Meanwhile the guy can play internationals and most other managers can incorporate top player in a squad straight away and almost always get good performances straight away.

Its infuriating.

EtH making it difficult with that midfield imo. Why does he love to shoot himself in the foot so much?
    Does feel like he’s constantly tripping over himself when it comes to central midfield. 3 years on and still is blind to it somehow.

Unsure about Eriksen, he's either gonna show us he truly has been resurrected or he's gonna get dragged off at half time and require oxygen.

It won't be any surprise if he is sluggish. At his age he shouldn't be playing so many games within a week or so

In the presser (yesterday?) ten Hag was asked if he believed Rashford had learned from last seasons experiences (Belfast). He said;

"I think he always knew. Every player knows, when your lifestyle is not right you can't perform in the league we have to perform in, you don't get the right levels if you don't have a good and disciplined life away from Carrington."

"He needed some help, by backing him, for instance. But he has to do it himself, at the end of the day. He has to set his life right, his training attitude right, he has to set his match attitude right. When he sets his professionalism he will perform because he's a class player."

So no real suggestion of a current problem?

Typical ETH, it's going to take about 2 months to slowly bleed Ugarte in. Endless reasons - low fitness, new league, new team mates etc.

Meanwhile the guy can play internationals and most other managers can incorporate in top player in a squad straight away and almost always get good performances straight away.

Its infuriating.
    Did you see his last game? A normal referee would have booked him right away. Maybe that's why he needs time to adapt.

Ugarte will need at least 2 months, maybe 3, to attain a proper fitness level. (Just taking the $iss.)

The white away kit is very sharp.

It won't be any surprise if he is sluggish. At his age he shouldn't be playing so many games within a week or so

I can't believe Eriksen is playing 3 games in 7 days, and in CM in 2 of those games.

RVN directing from pitch side box ….go on Ruud lad!

Just...... I'm flabbergasted. Why on earth start Erikson. ETH made the right call by resting Ugarte midweek, so we could have some legs in midfield at the ground where just a few months ago we were ran ragged. But what does he do?

He starts the old man next to not-exactly-full-of-running Kobbie,. Why? Because he played well against some farmers?

It just..... It boggles the mind.

And yes, please call me whatever name you want if he goes on to play well. I still think its a bonkers decision, even if he scores a hattrick.

he's always doing random shit like this

i wonder if all the people clamouring to keep him just expected it to randomly stop happening

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

6.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 235 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Crystal Palace win
  • Draw