Crystal Palace 4:0 Manchester United

Selhurst Park

Kick-off
Mon, 6 May 2024 @ 8:00pm BST
Status

Finished

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Lucky McLuckerson

The saviour of our season (ask Maradona10)
    ....................VS.......................

Date: Monday, May 06 2024

Kickoff Time: 2000 Hrs BST
    Venue: Selhurst Park, London

League Standings And Form Guide

6. Manchester United: LDDWD
    14. Crystal Palace: LWWWD

Previous League Meetings

Manchester United 0—1 Crystal Palace

Manchester United 2—1 Crystal Palace

Crystal Palace 1—1 Manchester United

Crystal Palace 1—0 Manchester United

Manchester United 1—0 Crystal Palace

All-Time League Record

Manchester United wins: 32
    Crystal Palace wins: 10
    Draws: 11

Pre-Match Pressers

Erik ten Hag

Oliver Glasner

Team News

Manchester United

Tyrell Malacia, Lisandro Martínez, Raphaël Varane, Luke Shaw, Anthony Martial, Victor Lindelöf, Jonny Evans, Willy Kambwala and Scott McTominay ruled out. Marcus Rashford doubtful.

Crystal Palace

Sam Johnstone, Cheick Doucouré, Matheus França, Jefferson Lerma and Rob Holding ruled out. Eberechi Eze doubtful.

Know The Opposition

Crystal Palace Football Club (nicknamed CPFC, The Glaziers and The Eagles) are a professional football club based in South Norwood, London. Crystal Palace were founded in 1905 at the site of the famous Crystal Palace Exhibition building by the owners of the FA Cup Final stadium, who wanted their own team to play at the historic venue. When Crystal Palace were founded, they turned to one of the biggest clubs in the country at the time, Aston Villa, to seek advice. Villa helped the club in a number of ways, not least by donating their kit. As a result, Palace's colors were originally claret and blue shirts paired with white shorts, socks tending to be claret. They kept to this formula fairly consistently until 1938.

The club initially played their home games at the FA Cup Final stadium which was situated inside the grounds of The Crystal Palace, but the First World War saw them forced to move out, and they enjoyed a number of seasons at both the Herne Hill Velodrome and The Nest. Although Crystal Palace have never won a major trophy, they have played in the First Division for the majority of their existence, finishing 3rd once, and losing the 1990 FA Cup Final to Manchester United. Crystal Palace play their homes games at Selhurst Park, and share sporting rivalries with South London neighbors Milwall, former tenants Charlton, and Brighton & Hove Albion.

Familiar Faces

N/A.

Referee

Jarred Gillett.​

Redstain

Expect a difficult game tactically, Palace usually combative and if Olise / Eze fit problems for the ozone layer midfield.

Winrar

I honestly don't think we'll win another game this season, with this as our "easiest" remaining game in our fixture.

DavidDeSchmikes

Evening kick off, Monday Night football, live on Sky, away at Palace

All set up for a difficult evening

Gordon S

Palace look good under Glaser, they will rip us a new one, Mateta looks a scary man.

always_hoping

A expected defeat and at best a draw. Palace in decent form with away draw against Fulham, hammered West ham and beat Newcastle 2-0 at home. Would go against logic for Palace to win in Anfield without conceding a goal and then lose at home to this United team.

Jaap

Sixth best team in the League since Glasner was appointed (4W, 3D, 3L) while playing some good football. Will probably lose or snatch a draw. Only lost one out of our last ten League games at Selhurst Park, though.

Melville Red

A very optimistic bunch here so far.:lol:
    A week is a long time in politics and it’s going to be a bloody long week waiting for this to come around.
    Selhurst Park can be a nasty place to go to wIth their raucous crowd and I too am a glass three quarters empty. A Palace win I’m afraid, probably 2-0

Fallon d'Floor

I'd expect a draw here. Glasner has given them a much needed lift.

Wharton was a really good signing in January. 20 year old CM. He'll be in contention for England this time next year if he keeps progressing.

The spine of their team is solid. Andersen, Wharton, Eze and Mateta. Olise is dynamic.

Melville Red

What with ETH still being here for the next game seeing as Ratcliffe is a coward, another chaotic loss is 2-1
    How can you say Ratcliffe is a coward with the changes hes making and made in the boardroom?
    A very strange comment indeed, or would you rather we enter the last month with a cup final against City with no manager?

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
    I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
    How can you say Ratcliffe is a coward with the changes hes making and made in the boardroom?
    A very strange comment indeed, or would you rather we enter the last month with a cup final against City with no manager?
    Nothing strange at all, ETH should have been sacked already. I would rather we went to the cup final with an iinterim.So would most of us, just check the poll.
    ETH will lose the final anyway.

spwd

Yes, anything is better than keeping him for any more games.

spwd

A very optimistic bunch here so far.:lol:
    A week is a long time in politics and it’s going to be a bloody long week waiting for this to come around.
    Selhurst Park can be a nasty place to go to wIth their raucous crowd and I too am a glass three quarters empty. A Palace win I’m afraid, probably 2-0
    That's one more week of Erik's coaching too!

SamVimes

Sorry to say this but I think this will be a comfortable 2 - 0 win for Palace. That is just where we are at the moment.

El Zoido

Palace are playing some good stuff under Glasner, I don’t fancy our chances here at all.

Woziak

I honestly don't think we'll win another game this season, with this as our "easiest" remaining game in our fixture.
    I’d say Brighton away right now is a much easier game!

Fallon d'Floor

I’d agree but DeZerbi almost always seems to have ETH’s number.
    Brighton in general have had our number for awhile. Even under Chris Hughton.

We have a poor record at The Amex in the league. Last few PL games there:

Brighton 1-0 Man Utd
    Brighton 4-0 Man Utd
    Brighton 2-3 Man Utd (controversial winning goal after full-time)
    Brighton 0-3 Man Utd
    Brighton 3-2 Man Utd
    Brighton 1-0 Man Utd

So, if we take away the controversial win, it's only 1 win there from 6 visits in The PL.

De Zerbri has beaten ten Hag home and away in The PL. The FA Cup SF is technically a draw.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
    One positive is away against a team in form so not like recent matches when we’re expected to make the running but our overly cautious approach allows opposition to get into a defensive shape.

Think we’ll be having to defend more and play on the break which probably suits us. Will also keep AWB back and he can focus on 121 defending which he’s decent at and not go forward…. which he’s not good at.

Shame Martinez not back yet. Not sure Eriksen suits this game, maybe Mount and Mainoo holds.

Fallon d'Floor

One positive is away against a team in form so not like recent matches when we’re expected to make the running but our overly cautious approach allows opposition to get into a defensive shape.

Think we’ll be having to defend more and play on the break which probably suits us. Will also keep AWB back and he can focus on 121 defending which he’s decent at and not go forward…. which he’s not good at.

Shame Martinez not back yet. Not sure Eriksen suits this game, maybe Mount and Mainoo holds.
    Cautious approach?

I've read some Caftards describe us as a high pressing machine and that this season will benefit us in the long term.

Just look at the high IQ of Antony. He knew that the Berge would pass it straight to him. Elite pressing scheme. :drool:

James35

3-1 Palace.

Of the 5 games left I see us losing 4 and drawing the other.

Never wanted a season to end so much in my life. Just pray ten Hag is not in the dug out next season.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
    Cautious approach?

I've read some Caftards describe us as a high pressing machine and that this season will benefit us in the long term.

Just look at the high IQ of Antony. He knew that the Berge would pass it straight to him. Elite pressing scheme. :drool:
    Yeah. When City pass it side to side, it’s at pace and with the aim of finding a gap in the defence… when we do it, it’s like that Barclays advert with OAPs playing football.

The only way this season will benefit us (other than Mainoo breaking through) is by being a benchmark of ”let’s not do that again lads ok?”

Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

Provisional results
2.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 224 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Crystal Palace win
  • Draw

Detailed Results