Cristiano Ronaldo

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he scores two goals he'll beat Messi and Altafini's record for goals in a single competition, which is 14. If he scores a goal a game in the remaining games I don't think his record will ever be beaten.

He can be petulant little girl on the pitch sometimes but as long as he keeps finding the net and winning us games, he can whatever he wants to be.

The frightening thing about him was that he could have took home the record last night but got denied by the post twice.

This is kind of like swimming when they introduced those ridiculous suits and all the world records tumbled one after another. In five years there's going to be a whole stack of records that can't be broken because of him and Messi.

Football will be weird when him and Messi retire.
Yeah, it'll be back to a different ballon d'or winner every year. No clear cut best players in the world dominating for a long time. Normal goalscoring numbers as well probably.

Yeah, it'll be back to a different ballon d'or winner every year. No clear cut best players in the world dominating for a long time. Normal goalscoring numbers as well probably.

Definitely; I don't really see 2 standout players of a young age in this generation who can produce the same stats as Ronaldo and Messi. This truly is a one of a kind duel that will be hard to replicate, if it ever will.

This may sound absurd but I don't think he plays "for" Madrid as much as himself now, which is why I think he's stepped up a gear or two this season. Not a bad thing at all because Madrid are clearly benefiting from his unbelievable form.

I can't wait for tonight. I'll try to watch as many games of Ronaldo vs Messi as I can now and the realism kicked in recently with the thought that one day, football won't have these two magicians.

13 goals in 7 Champions League games. Easy peasy.

He's already passed his record for goals in the competition. He had 12 in 12 last season. If Real get to the final and he keeps his scoring rate up in the remaining five games he'll finish on 22 goals. Just let that sink in for a minute.

He won't do that though, because they're playing good teams from now on.

He's mastered his craft. Goalscoing at a phenomenal rate, the classico should be a great game. Expecting Real to win and Ronaldo to score at least one.

Ronaldo was really bad yesterday. Slowing down the attacks, completely stopping and doing a super cool flick flack with his right ankle only to pass it to the player right next to him. It was just nothing and I wanted him to shine badly and own those bloody hobbits.

He should do step over and stuff like that when he is facing a defender who is between him and the goal but he does them so pointless on the wing with 2 players in front of him it's stupid.

Seems to be missing that sharpness we used to see from him. Towards the end he regressed to complete shite.

Ronaldo relies on service. If his teammates play poorly so does he. He is no longer a conventional winger who can create and score. He is now just striker. He now scores tap-ins, headers, freekicks. Occasionaly he'll dribble past a few players and score a nice goal.

Not for the penalty though, IMO.

Clearly tripped but outside the box.

His intention was to go down like a Bangkok hooker, you never see Messi do that. He did it earlier in the box and later, always trying to get a penalty rather than play. It's the big reason I continue to find him a douche of the highest order. The temerity to claim the refs are against him & RM though, it's so spectacularly idiotic he should be embarrassed but that would imply he's a good sport

Ronaldo relies on service. If his teammates play poorly so does he. He is no longer a conventional winger who can create and score. He is now just striker. He now scores tap-ins, headers, freekicks. Occasionaly he'll dribble past a few players and score a nice goal.
exactly what i was saying earlier. he's a world class striker, he just stays on the wings to avoid man marking, and moves into the spaces benzema creates when benzema pulls defenders with him on his dummy runs out wide. on counter attacks it's lethal.

if anyone paid even 1/10th attention, you notice ronaldo keeps on ending up in the middle of the box calling for a pass or a cross. that's not being a winger, it's being a striker, the winger gives those passes and crosses, ronaldo finishes them.

instead this myth that ronaldo is a winger somehow still survives, when in fact the last time he was a genuine winger was probably 2008.

His intention was to go down like a Bangkok hooker, you never see Messi do that. He did it earlier in the box and later, always trying to get a penalty rather than play. It's the big reason I continue to find him a douche of the highest order. The temerity to claim the refs are against him & RM though, it's so spectacularly idiotic he should be embarrassed but that would imply he's a good sport
Barca taking the moral highground when it comes to diving when you have the likes of Busquets, Alves & Alba in your team... :rolleyes:

Barca taking the moral highground when it comes to diving when you have the likes of Busquets, Alves & Alba in your team... :rolleyes:

Get a lot of penalties there these 3? Cry about injustices where they're always the victim and are denied recognition as the best in the sport?

CR has the misfortune of being around in the same era as Messi but its his own responsibility for still diving. Couldn't take him or his fanboys seriously, it's absolutely myopic

I don't remember Ronaldo complaining about the Ref that robbed Man Utd last year in the CL quarter finals to hand Madrid victory on a plate

Not for the penalty though, IMO.

Clearly tripped but outside the box.

But conveniently stays on his feet until he's inside the box before he falls over... Definite free kick IMO but he also went down very easily.

Get a lot of penalties there these 3? Cry about injustices where they're always the victim and are denied recognition as the best in the sport? CR has the misfortune of being around in the same era as Messi but its his own responsibility for still diving. Couldn't take him or his fanboys seriously, it's absolutely myopic

busquetst.gif

Exactly, that team has the biggest amount of sneaks ever assembled.

he definitely doesn't have any right to be on his high horse, but biggest ever assembled, really? That Madrid team has Ronaldo, Bale, Di Maria and Pepe. The number of penalties the first 3 have won from diving with no contact is actually quite frightening. I don't think you can compare that to the likes of Busquets and Alves milking fouls halfway up the park.

The ref was a bit odd last night I'll agree, but Ronaldo's goal came from a penalty that should of in fact been a freekick.....

Barcelona have the biggest prick of them all in Alba.

This. There's diving and exaggeration and then there's this thundercnut.

In my chart of Cuntiness it goes:

Barca

1. Alba
  2. Busquets
  3. Neymar
  4. Mascherano
Real Madrid

1. Pepe
  2. Ramos
  3. Di Maria
  4. Arbeloa
Tricky one to say who is dirtier out of Neymar and Mascherano for me: one play acts every game, the other is just an incredibly dirty tackler. Bale would be next on the Madrid list with Ronaldo joint, both can be awful at diving.

Status
Not open for further replies.