Cristiano Ronaldo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clearly.. much is explained how voting for awards is done.
Blatter is a massive idiot, but I don't understand how he'll influence the nationalteam managers and captains and journalists who vote for the Ballon d'Or? Do you really think Gerrard and Hodgson are influenced by Blatter when they pick their three names for the Ballon d'Or?

Blatter is a fecking moron of mind boggling proportions. How someone this braindead can still be at the head of the world game is a travesty.

Blatter is a massive idiot, but I don't understand how he'll influence the nationalteam managers and captains and journalists who vote for the Ballon d'Or? Do you really think Gerrard and Hodgson are influenced by Blatter when they pick their three names for the Ballon d'Or?

How many countries are there in the world? Everybody gets the vote. The 'prominent' ones might not be swayed. What about others? Have you seen votes and voting patterns? Many cast votes to players outside the top 3 for their 2nd and 3rd votes. There is no bigger farce in football than Ballon d'Or award. It is naive to assume that all voting is independent thinking of each voter and there is no influence of any kind.

Watched 2:30 of that before I had to switch it off. Absolutely no idea what he is saying or doing.

What the feck is he doing? I thought he was going to break into Basil Fawlty for a second.

That whole video is hilarious. Only problem is, it wasn't supposed to be. Look at the interviewer as well. Such amateur.

There's something horribly awkward about that video that prevented me from being able to watch more than a few seconds of it.

Blatter is clueless, however, nothing in that video warrants that over dramatic reaction from ronaldo, maybe it's his time of the month.

How very dramatic. Like an episode of EastEnders, and a shite one at that. Modern football annoys me. It's full of self serving dicks.

Blatter is clueless, however, nothing in that video warrants that over dramatic reaction from ronaldo, maybe it's his time of the month.

Not sure if serious. He is FIFA president ffs but acting like a lunatic who just ran away from an asylum.
Ronaldo is spot on there. Reactions of some people here just shows how much the facade of 'good boy' put up by Messi has fooled people and how being hypocrite by 'acting' humble in public is preferred over rightfully being confident and proud of one's capability and not being afraid to say so.

Not sure if serious.

Very serious. Isn't it highly inappropriate that the president of the governing body of football clearly favours one player over another, publicly. Along with mocking comments as well?

I think Ronaldo's reaction is reasonable - he could have said, "Stick your fecking award show (with the cameras focusing on my disappointment) where the sun doesn't shine - I won't be there to be laughed at." He managed to avoid swearing for a start.

There's a pattern to this stuff that goes something like, "Ronaldo? He's the second best player in the world now lets take the piss out of his hair and his facial expressions." Bad enough when it's from professional comedians, actually offensive when it's from the leader of the footballing community.

Not sure if serious. He is FIFA president ffs but acting like a lunatic who just ran away from an asylum.
Ronaldo is spot on there. Reactions of some people here just shows how much the facade of 'good boy' put up by Messi has fooled people and how being hypocrite by 'acting' humble in public is preferred over rightfully being confident and proud of one's capability and not being afraid to say so.

Blatter just has a terrible sense of humor, that's all, it was a terrible attempt at doing something funny and for a man at his age it got few laughs, he's a twat for various of reasons but that didn't seem offensive to me, the fact that ronaldo thinks there's a conspiracy against him is really idiotic, he needs to grow up and stop acting like a school girl.

I wonder what was Ronaldo's reaction to the slave comments by Blatter.

He actually said, "I don't know about that," but lets not let historical accuracy get in the way of a much repeated, much retranslated answer to a different question. It was a pointless enough "debate" 5 years ago.

Blatter just has a terrible sense of humor, that's all, it was a terrible attempt at doing something funny and for a man at his age it got few laughs, he's a twat for various of reasons but that didn't seem offensive to me, the fact that ronaldo thinks there's a conspiracy against him is really idiotic, he needs to grow up and stop acting like a school girl.
Yeah, that seemed over the top. I didn't mind Ronaldo's first comment, but the secod one in which he turned it into a conspiracy theory against him and his team is just ridiculous. Not as bad as Blatter of course, what a moron.

It doesn't need to be a conspiracy - just mockery. Blatter's not the first and he won't be the last though he is the head of FIFA. In terms of stupid things said by the head of FIFA it's not even in the Top 10, but that says more about Blatter than Ronaldo.

Imagine your company's MD coming on telly to take the piss out of you despite confirming that you're his firm's second most valuable employee. I think you're entitled to take it as a personal and professional insult - even if you manage to resist the temptation to respond via Twitter.

I like how he seems to elevate "Abramovich" into the top tier of players.

Clearly corruption going on there.

It doesn't need to be a conspiracy - just mockery. Blatter's not the first and he won't be the last though he is the head of FIFA. In terms of stupid things said by the head of FIFA it's not even in the Top 10, but that says more about Blatter than Ronaldo.

Imagine your company's MD coming on telly to take the piss out of you despite confirming that you're his firm's second most valuable employee. I think you're entitled to take it as a personal and professional insult - even if you manage to resist the temptation to respond via Twitter.

It seemed to work for the Newcastle bloke, he called the Newcastle ladies some colorful names.

He actually said, "I don't know about that," but lets not let historical accuracy get in the way of a much repeated, much retranslated answer to a different question. It was a pointless enough "debate" 5 years ago.

It may be true jojojo, but so might be Blatter's response in a private chat with his friends.

If i were Ronaldo and i was one of the final three for the Fifa's Ballo D'or i wouldnt show up, the ridiculous show put on by that retard blatter shows that he will never win it again even if has the best possible year he will still not win it cause hes seen as the villain and the other guy is seen as the good well behaved boy no only for Blatter but for most of the people voting.

Blatter in being a bellend SHOCKER. Ronaldo in taking himself too seriously SHOCKER. Twitter people in focussing on soapy, non-issues SHOCKER.

I could go on...

Blatter in being a bellend SHOCKER. Ronaldo in taking himself too seriously SHOCKER. Twitter people in focussing on soapy, non-issues SHOCKER.

I could go on...

Spot on Brophs. He should take a reality check. God forbid he didn't play for the Crazy gang in the 1980s, he'd have the piss taken out of him something rotten. Perhaps he should grow a pair and take it with a pinch of salt.

Finally got around to watching the video and all he was doing was contrasting the two players and their comportement on the field of play. There was nothing there that was injurious or deemed as hurtful. I am sure Lionel Messi would like to complain and say that he isn't the nice "boy", that Blatter thinks he is, but he didn't, because he is above all that it seems. Perhaps some of our resident Ronaldo fans should laugh a little because it was all done tongue in cheek too, since it was hardly a Jeremy Paxman style interview. If the Oxford Union students can laugh, then surely we can laugh too.

Ronaldo's comments on Sepp Blatter's latest brainfart:

"This video shows clearly the respect and consideration that FIFA has for me, for my club and my country. Much is explained now. I wish Mr. Blatter health and a long life, with the certainty that he will continue to witness, as he deserves, the successes of his favourite teams and players."

I hope Blatter chokes on the next cock he sucks on, the massive bellend. Did he really just almost compare Ronaldo to Hitler? Disgrace of a human being.

Ronaldo's comments on Sepp Blatter's latest brainfart:

"This video shows clearly the respect and consideration that FIFA has for me, for my club and my country. Much is explained now. I wish Mr. Blatter health and a long life, with the certainty that he will continue to witness, as he deserves, the successes of his favourite teams and players."

That is the most powerful man in football. :wenger: Amazing how someone in that position can have next to no idea what he's on about regarding the sport he's meant to be heading.

Status
Not open for further replies.