Cristiano Ronaldo | Transfer Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

prateik

This reminds me of when Ramos had decided to leave 2 years ago..

The red panther

princess transfer emo
The thing is if he leaves, I fear our troubled relationship may see Ronaldo heading to PSG.

lewwoo

He is just throwing his toys out the pram and having a paddy. They will kiss and make up in a day or two. Dont do it to yourselves! Nothing to see here.

Last edited:

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
When Adidas became our shirt sponsors again, was Rooney in the vids? He is a Nike athlete after all.
Well eventually he might be. But the initial release might focus on adidas clients wearing adidas jerseys. But eventually the whole team will be in it.

WPMUFC

Ramos: "I'm unhappy, i want a change of scenery"

Ronaldo: "This club is the sole cause of my tax fraud legal problem and I want out"

not really at the same level. :lol:

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Was Ramos having serious tax trouble at the time? Genuinely don't remember.

Many players have flirted with the idea of leaving many times, Ronaldo himself has done it, but this is different. I don't see how anyone can brush this off as a non-story (not saying you are btw) when the circumstances are clearly different to what they have been with different players in the past.

It's plausible that Ronaldo could leave and there is no doubt in my mind that he's genuinely up the walls over this tax thing. Maybe he's panicking and doing this in the spur of the moment, maybe he'll calm down. Do I think he will probably stay in the end? Yes. But is it a newsworthy story worthy of all the media attention it's getting? Definitely!

crossy1686

career ending
Many reasons for not, he is 32, Real will rape us in terms of transfer fee, our team is not good enough and will frustrate Ronaldo further which in turn might end badly, also I can see a fallout with Mourinho too.
I can't see the transfer fee being that high but wages will be silly. They'd let him go for under £30m. Ronaldo's at an age where he's won everything there is to win and where ever he goes next, he knows he can't expect to be winning Champions Leagues after Champions Leagues. I personally think he would relish being part of the rebuilding job here and being a catalyst for change, similar to Zlatan. He'd only stick around for 3 seasons max before moving on again and I can't see that much going wrong in that amount of time. We'd be crazy not to try and bring back arguably the best player football has ever seen.

Scholsey2004

Real are probably engineering his sale while he's still at a marketable age. Probably more a sign that mbappe to real is going to happen than anything else.

Everest Red

Reddest ever
Signed an extension 7 months ago and the press briefing is solely focused on how he blames Madrid for his tax fraud charges.

It's all about the tax problem, not contracts.
I refuse to get my hopes up. He'll go to PSG/Juventus/ Monaco.

Scholsey2004

I can't see the transfer fee being that high but wages will be silly. They'd let him go for under £30m. Ronaldo's at an age where he's won everything there is to win and where ever he goes next, he knows he can't expect to be winning Champions Leagues after Champions Leagues. I personally think he would relish being part of the rebuilding job here and being a catalyst for change, similar to Zlatan. He'd only stick around for 3 seasons max before moving on again and I can't see that much going wrong in that amount of time. We'd be crazy not to try and bring back arguably the best player football has ever seen.
This is real. If they want 90m euros for morata then what will they want for Ronaldo?

PieCrust

No way this happens. Ronaldo is just posturing for Perez to either pay his tax fraud, or pull political strings to make it go away.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
I refuse to get my hopes up. He'll go to PSG/Juventus/ Monaco.
Another poster said Bayern and Milan. No one except us and PSG can realistically afford the fee and wages. Bayern never want one player having too much influence on the club and Ronaldo clearly does at Madrid.

M4YON

Why has the thread title not been changed this has been reported by SSN and BBC now.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
I've seen people say he's worth 60million and you think they'd let him go for under 30 million and I'm wondering what you've been smoking. Sorry but it's amazing to me how people can be so wrong. Ronaldo would in all probably break the record. The idea we could get him for under 30 or 60million is worse then saying the Earth is flat. It's much worse believe me lol.

Redlyn

There's no way he can be less than what we sold him for. The transfer market has exploded since then. 70m is the new 30m these days.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
I would pay upto 100m to bring him back. Will give us 3 years of trophies . Just use the greizmann moratta money on him

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
There's no way he can be less than what we sold him for. The transfer market has exploded since then. 70m is the new 30m these days.
True, but I think if this story were actually legit that the board would be seriously considering it. Hard to say if it's legit though, the language infers it is but it's just too difficult to believe.

crossy1686

career ending
This is real. If they want 90m euros for morata then what will they want for Ronaldo?
He isn't worth all that much in transfer fees. He hasn't got long left in the game. Gabriel Batistuta is the most expensive player over 30 at the price of £25m when he moved to Roma aged 31. I think Ronaldo could cost up to £30m because he's still world class but it won't be silly money.

Morata is a different case altogether. Real Madrid know he's going to be a class act so it's only right they want a fee that's reflective of his future ability.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
A lot of footballers really are greedy pricks. They already earn grotesque amounts of money and always demand more and more.

I wonder how long this can still go on until the bubble bursts.

RedorDead21

I get wanting the tax issue to go away and throwing toys out of the pram until it does.

But this is about as transparent as he could have made it for the whole world to see. If it now does go away it could bring all kinds of spotlights on corruption in Spain and ultimately lead to Perez paying the price for any uncoverings...... I'd be pretty wary if I was him of pulling strings right now.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
He isn't worth all that much in transfer fees. He hasn't got long left in the game. Gabriel Batistuta is the most expensive player over 30 at the price of £25m when he moved to Roma aged 31. I think Ronaldo could cost up to £30m because he's still world class but it won't be silly money.

Morata is a different case altogether. Real Madrid know he's going to be a class act so it's only right they want a fee that's reflective of his future ability.
Ronaldo will probably get another hundred before Morata get's another 20/25. They wouldn't sell him to do him or us any favors. All they would want is a lot of money. You are looking from a reasonable perspective but Madrid are a greedy self interested club who would absolutely play hardball on price. They don't have to be reasonable.

SocccerNomics

Realistically, United and PSG are the only clubs outside Spain but among the top European leagues who could match his salary demands.

Bayern/Juve would need to blow apart their wage structure to sign him.

I can't believe he'd want to go into semi-retirement and move to MLS or China at this point.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13

No way will they only demand £30 million for Ronaldo.

I think they'll hold out for at least £60 million.

M4YON

Im sorry but your going to be dissapointed if you think Real Madrid are going to let Ronaldo go for anywhere near £30 million. He's just won them another CL and he was crucial to there campaign.

Status
Not open for further replies.