Cristiano Ronaldo | Transfer Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
I eat my own words, it's on SSN yellow ticker!

So maybe taking Zlatan off the wage bill gives us a better chance of affording him.

Can one of caf experts explain whether we can afford his buy out clause, his wages. Because I'm under the understanding only PSG and some Chinese team could realistically afford with, regardless of image and shirt sales we'd get back. Simple question, could we financially pull it off?
His buyout clause is 1 Billion Euros. The only realistic way this happens is if Ronaldo forces the move. We can easily afford his wages and a huge transfer fee of £100M+

The only real hurdle for us is if Ronaldo actually wants to leave Madrid.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Makes him look guilty I feel. I mean how hard is it for him to get his taxes straight? All he needs to do is pay a weeks wages to the best tax company in Spain to look after his finances for a year. Probably half a weeks wages. Why throw is toys out the pram? All he needs to say is wow this is odd. Here's my tax firms number.
They tried this last year. The football wikileaks documents relating to him (they came out a few months ago) appear to be all about the best tax company in Spain freaking out at the mess his previous tax advisors had left. They were the ones who advised him to pay the back tax sharpish (which he did), and be prepared for the tax office to carry on digging and challenging some of the weaker looking contract documents (which they did).

AngliaRed

Until Ronaldo or Madrid release an official saying he's going I refuse to get excited!

I can't do it myself....again:wenger:

Jev

BBC reporting it as well now. Too much smoke for there not to be a fire. There's definitely something to it. He may still change his mind but it seems like he wants to leave at this moment.

Intriguing news for any football fan, though I'm undecided as to whether I'd want him for the price. His decline has started, slowly.

WPMUFC

Doesn't mean much. They also announced Ramos signing was imminent a few years ago. He could still do a 180 and sign a new contract at any time.
He signed one in november. Plus all the reporting is about the way the tax problem has been handled. i seriously doubt you start a contract negotiation 7 months later by saying "my club has fecked me over this tax problem"

dasty

I thought I will have a peaceful and quiet summer after the Griezmann transfer failed. Then Ronaldo decides to feck with my muppet heart out of nowhere :( :drool:

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
This rumour is probably bullshit but if he's really trying to bluff his way to get more money out of us due to his tax ordeal he can feck right off.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
@Vato
Do you think he has a point?
And how do you think this will be resolved.
It's certainly not going to endear him to the fans.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Well exactly why you get a top tax firm to do it for you. Who's doing his taxes? His mum? Surely there are hundreds if businesses, footballers, etc who also have to comply with the tax regs? I can't believe the excuse but its too difficult.
Read up on the cases from a few years ago. It's ambiguous how much you have to pay (because of loopholes) and the Spanish Tax Offices have no interest in advising so it's a lot of guesswork. Obviously their job as top accountants is to pay as little as legally possible so it makes it more likely they're going to get into trouble but what's the other option? Pay too much so you don't get in trouble? I don't think that's how top accountants keep getting work.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Here's the thing: reports coming out of Spain are that Cris feels this tax problem is down to the club rather than him

Now, if this is true, Flo needs to step down(we're about to have elections, he doesn't even need to resign. Just don't run for president) and whoever succeeds him must do everything he can to fix this and convince the second greatest player in our history to stay.

If it's not true, and Cris is at fault and is blaming the club to deflect his guilt, then feck him. Nobody is bigger than the club. Good luck to him

If the reports are bs, Cris isn't blaming the club for anything and he just wants to leave Spain, Good Luck and Best Wishes to him, he'll always have a special place in our hearts. He's given us 8 incredible seasons, we're never going to forget everything he's done for us.

WPMUFC

This rumour is probably bullshit but if he's really trying to bluff his way to get more money out of us due to his tax ordeal he can feck right off.
Being reported by the BBC and every other outlet with a shred of credibility obviously shows it's not bullshit. However that doesn't mean he's leaving.

I think it's safe to say that Ronaldo has gone full ape shit behind the scenes because of the tax problem and he blames the club. Again, doesn't mean he's leaving, but this is a full blown briefing from mendes.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
He wouldn't play for Jose, and Jose wouldn't want him.
Could you briefly explain why?

I've heard previously that him and Jose weren't the best of friends, but not sure exactly why, and how much truth was in it.

MUFC OK

Title/quote would sound so much more epic if it was irrevocable instead of irreversible

WPMUFC

1. He signed an extension 7 months ago

2. The media is being briefed that he blames the club for the tax problem. that's not "i'm unhappy", that's "you have caused me real legal problems and I blame you".

The ramos saga was "he'd like a change of scenery", he didn't accuse Madrid of being responsible for legal problems.

Adisa

Here's the thing: reports coming out of Spain are that Cris feels this tax problem is down to the club rather than him

Now, if this is true, Flo needs to step down(we're about to have elections, he doesn't even need to resign. Just don't run for president) and whoever succeeds him must do everything he can to fix this and convince the second greatest player in our history to stay.

If it's not true, and Cris is at fault and is blaming the club to deflect his guilt, then feck him. Nobody is bigger than the club. Good luck to him

If the reports are bs, Cris isn't blaming the club for anything and he just wants to leave Spain, Good Luck and Best Wishes to him, he'll always have a special place in our hearts. He's given us 8 incredible seasons, we're never going to forget everything he's done for us.
My understanding is that he does indeed have a point about that.
His image rights arrangement were based on the laws that existed during his first contract.
The laws changed during that contract and the onus is partly on the club to adjust his arrangement to ensure the player doesn't suffer financially.
His gripe is that both the club and the tax authorities did not make the consequences of the new tax laws clear to him.

mu4c_20le

I like how the man utd rep is still facing the left after the footballer walked past him

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
1. He signed an extension 7 months ago

2. The media is being briefed that he blames the club for the tax problem. that's not "i'm unhappy", that's "you have caused me real legal problems and I blame you".

The ramos saga was "he'd like a change of scenery", he didn't accuse Madrid of being responsible for legal problems.
This isn't a new contract scenario it's just a "pay my tax bill" scenario. £15m to keep Ronaldo at the club? Like a new signing...

WPMUFC

How anyone thinks "You have caused me significant legal trouble" is the opening pitch to a contract extension 7 months after signing a contract extension is fecking mental. :lol:

this is all about the tax problem and we'll see where it goes from there.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Colleagues believe that the space heater for Christian is a matter of money http://trib.al/kneyexG reports @jfelixdiaz

Space heater?

Felix Diaz is very reliable though.

Thenews of Cristiano Ronaldo 's desire has reached all corners of the planet. Logical for what is and what represents the Portuguese striker. The bomb of the day and of the next weeks has been subject of debate between its own companions.

Many of them are preparing suits and ties for weddings this weekend by Lucas Vazquez and Alvaro Morata. Despite this, they have had time to talk and exchange views on what happened. As for Morata, Ronaldo's desire to leave does not change his intention to emigrate to the Premier League, more specifically toManchester United , one of the teams that sound like possible destination of CR7.

Ronaldo is respected to the maximum within the dressing room, Ramos had to raise his voice in full season to remind everyone the role of the forward or, which freed him from unnecessary efforts. They know that the success of this season has come, in large part, from the hand of goals and the presence of Ronaldo and that is why they think that he should continue in the team and that everything obeys to the discomfort that has caused him the matter of finance.

His colleagues maintain that Ronaldo seeks an improvement in the contract and that the matter will end the moment he signs a new link with Real Madrid . The departure of Pepe and everything said will take its toll, as the players confess, but believe that the crisis will go to a better life at the time when he receives more money. And so they comment among themselves.

Adisa

How anyone thinks "You have caused me significant legal trouble" is the opening pitch to a contract extension 7 months after signing a contract extension is fecking mental. :lol:

this is all about the tax problem and we'll see where it goes from there.
Not contract extension per say.
But I need a new contract to reflect recent developments.

dakingpin1999

Weird thing about this is that ronaldo has been left out of the real madrid kit launch promo video

Status
Not open for further replies.